GAME DAY, BALA! GAME 26: SPURS VS. LAKERS, 7-12-2018, 7:30PM (CT)

Moderator: G R E Y

imagump1313
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,261

Re: GAME DAY, BALA! GAME 26: SPURS VS. LAKERS, 7-12-2018, 7:30PM (CT) 

Post#21 » by imagump1313 » Sat Dec 8, 2018 7:38 pm

BombsquadSammy wrote:
Kabookalu wrote:I asked this in the GB but didn't get an answer. I see alot of Spurs fans complain about Mills, but from what I've seen White is waaaaaay worse. Low IQ player with no talent. Can't defend, can't shoot, can't run an offense, but I don't see anywhere near the criticism directed at him as Patty. Is it purely because of Mills' contract that Spurs fans don't like him?

The contract is a big part of it, and I can't speak for anyone else on the rest, but my residual frustration with him is over a combination of two things: a seeming unwillingness to adjust his game for the benefit of the team, and an overconfidence in thinking that he's great at what he's only good at.

I agree that he's a better option than White, though.

I was just about to post that White seems to be Mills part 2. I echo what Sammy is saying. Mills just is being relied upon too much. He is a much better team leader waving a towel on the bench. On the floor he is a disaster. Did you see how Lonzo Ball's activity level and aggressiveness completely changed when Mills was guarding him? Everyone in the league knows they can take advantage with Mills defending them and he is just a turnover waiting to happen offensively. He is only effective as a catch and shoot guy in small doses.
White just isn't athletic enough for the NBA. He looks great in the D-League but here he struggles to guard anyone and cant get a shot off.

Return to San Antonio Spurs