50%

Total votes: 4

-Sammy-
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,699

Who do you want in the first round? 

Post#1 » by -Sammy- » Tue Apr 9, 2019 8:56 pm

The RS is winding down, but the playoff picture is about as easy to understand as Kawhi in an interview...

...ha, ha... ha...

...so let's talk about it. Wildly, we can finish anywhere between sixth and eighth, and there are four possible first-round opponents. Who do y'all prefer and why?
imagump1313
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,261

Re: Who do you want in the first round? 

Post#2 » by imagump1313 » Tue Apr 9, 2019 11:00 pm

I'm not afraid of anyone but the Warriors at this point.

Portland because of Nurkic's injury.
Houston because they don't play defense.
Denver is a close 2nd not to play because even with their inexperience, I think they are too athletic for us.
Golden State we are not ready for. Too much for not only this team but anyone in the first round.
G R E Y
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs
And1: 32,655

Post#3 » by G R E Y » Tue Apr 9, 2019 11:37 pm

I have my mind set on who I don't want us to play, but because I'm superstitious, I won't utter it here until the seedings are set. I think Denver AND Clippers have been flat out trying to maneuver their position by losing to avoid the Rockets. But basketball gods see all and it is a bad move to try their good will.

We can control how we play, our best in our system, and be rewarded justly. This, I believe, is the proper approach. Trying to fly too close to the sun has its own consequences.
ImageImageImage

The Spurs Way
Thinking of you, Pop :hug:
G R E Y
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs
And1: 32,655

Post#4 » by G R E Y » Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:48 am

OK. With all the games done, my heart of heart preferences were 1. NOT GSW or Rockets 1a. YES to Denver 2. Portland.

I like that Derrick is from there, and that we finished 2-2 with them this season. Mostly it's a gut feeling, but I'm happy that the basketball gods have put us on this path.
ImageImageImage

The Spurs Way
Thinking of you, Pop :hug:
-Sammy-
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,699

Post#5 » by -Sammy- » Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:54 pm

GREY 1769 wrote:OK. With all the games done, my heart of heart preferences were 1. NOT GSW or Rockets 1a. YES to Denver 2. Portland.

I like that Derrick is from there, and that we finished 2-2 with them this season. Mostly it's a gut feeling, but I'm happy that the basketball gods have put us on this path.

I agree on all points. I think Portland is maybe the better matchup on paper, but from the DEN and POR rosters, Lillard is the single player who scares me most (I don't want to play Houston [Harden] for the same reason).

Denver has a very bright future, but I think they're a year or two away, so this is the time to capitalize on our veteran advantages.

Return to San Antonio Spurs