Alvin Robertson

Moderator: G R E Y

HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,608

Alvin Robertson 

Post#1 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:40 am

Hi Spurs family. If this has been either covered ad nauseum and you don't wish to discuss it anymore, that's cool. In that case, if you could provide the link to that thread, I'd be most obliged. You can lock it up after that if you want.

I stumbled upon this video on the post-NBA life of Alvin Robertson. I had heard about this before but didn't know that he was exonerated. I was especially surprised to learn that the Spurs organization wants nothing to do with him anymore, at least according to JxmyHighroller.

Good luck.

Free Palestine
G R E Y
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs
And1: 32,634

Re: Alvin Robertson 

Post#2 » by G R E Y » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:25 am

The issue with the video is the egregious imbalance in presenting facts. It focuses on the details about how AR was wrongly accused, but glosses over a string of domestic violence abuse convictions for which he spent time in jail. If AR or anyone else is wondering why teams he played for or the NBA isn't exactly highlighting his on-court career, he has himself to blame as his off-court issues have overshadowed it.

The video glosses over a repeated pattern of abusive and criminal behaviour - his most recent arrest was in 2018 - by stating "... following a few issues in the 90s, some big, some small" while highlighting specifics of a wrongful accusation. It paints him as a victim while minimizing his behaviour towards his victims.

Locking this one up for the misrepresentation of info.
ImageImageImage

The Spurs Way
Thinking of you, Pop :hug:

Return to San Antonio Spurs