G R E Y
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs
And1: 31,893

Re: The Front Office is failing this team 

Post#21 » by G R E Y » Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:42 pm

NoZoLakers wrote:
imagump1313 wrote:Meh...IDK.
Lakers have always been arrogant IMO. Shaq, Gasol, Chris Paul...etc. They always think because they are the Lakers everyone should just let their property walk over to them for nothing.
I'm glad The Spurs and Pelicans finally stood up to them.

how did we mgmt get arrogant with Pelicans? If anything Dell Demps got to cocky and got fired in the process and AD still ended up in La, just like Kawahi and in his case not only did he get to LA he did while gifting Tor a chip in the process further decreasing potential of hate towards him by Tor fan for leaving. So end of the day, Spurs lost that trade, the the present and the future.

Listen, man, this isn't the **** on the Spurs by other fans thread by revisiting a trade we didn't make with ONE team. Saying we'd have been better off with whatever manifestation LAL may have been offering is one thing, but that the team they were traded to is worse than we are isn't helping your case. We would never get full value back, but the past couple of seasons have shown that we did what we sought to do with the trade. But making some prognostications about our future simply based on one non-LAL trade is nonsensical, and revisiting the point ad nauseam is teetering on trolling so move on from it.
ImageImageImage

The Spurs Way
Thinking of you, Pop :hug:
Baphomet
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,592

Post#22 » by Baphomet » Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:03 pm

Yeah, the LA deal evangelism is getting a little old. The Lakers can endure years of incompetent management and still get bailed out by virtue of geography, and leverage that pull to bully teams into taking subpar deals on their wantaway players. While the Pelicans trade could be seen as something of a potential value aberration in that regard, I'm still glad the Spurs stood up to them.

Having said that, I understand the human element of wanting to be in LA as an athlete, and I don't resent Lakers or Clippers fans at all.

Above all, regarding any potential Lakers deal for Kawhi, I don't think it's healthy to be too caught up on what-ifs. Could we have got a better return? Yes, it's entirely possible, but I don't regret it and would rather focus on gauging the players we have rather than the ones we could have had. This isn't a judgment aimed at anyone in particular, everyone's entitled to their view, I just find fetishism of hypotheticals to be folly.
NoZoLakers
General Manager
And1: 3,358

Post#23 » by NoZoLakers » Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:03 pm

GREY 1769 wrote:
NoZoLakers wrote:
imagump1313 wrote:Meh...IDK.
Lakers have always been arrogant IMO. Shaq, Gasol, Chris Paul...etc. They always think because they are the Lakers everyone should just let their property walk over to them for nothing.
I'm glad The Spurs and Pelicans finally stood up to them.

how did we mgmt get arrogant with Pelicans? If anything Dell Demps got to cocky and got fired in the process and AD still ended up in La, just like Kawahi and in his case not only did he get to LA he did while gifting Tor a chip in the process further decreasing potential of hate towards him by Tor fan for leaving. So end of the day, Spurs lost that trade, the the present and the future.

Listen, man, this isn't the **** on the Spurs by other fans thread by revisiting a trade we didn't make with ONE team. Saying we'd have been better off with whatever manifestation LAL may have been offering is one thing, but that the team they were traded to is worse than we are isn't helping your case. We would never get full value back, but the past couple of seasons have shown that we did what we sought to do with the trade. But making some prognostications about our future simply based on one non-LAL trade is nonsensical, and revisiting the point ad nauseam is teetering on trolling so move on from it.

sorry if it comes off that way I"m not trying to troll and I already mentioned it wasn't just the Lakers, the Clipps pkg was also better. So there is a case to be made, whoever made the final decision clearly did NOT want to look LA's way with either LA team, to me that seemed more out of spite due to Leonard choosing either LA team as his tradable destination.
G R E Y
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs
And1: 31,893

Post#24 » by G R E Y » Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:20 pm

NoZoLakers wrote:
GREY 1769 wrote:
NoZoLakers wrote:how did we mgmt get arrogant with Pelicans? If anything Dell Demps got to cocky and got fired in the process and AD still ended up in La, just like Kawahi and in his case not only did he get to LA he did while gifting Tor a chip in the process further decreasing potential of hate towards him by Tor fan for leaving. So end of the day, Spurs lost that trade, the the present and the future.

sorry if it comes off that way I"m not trying to troll and I already mentioned it wasn't just the Lakers, the Clipps pkg was also better. So there is a case to be made, whoever made the final decision clearly did NOT want to look LA's way with either LA team, to me that seemed more out of spite due to Leonard choosing either LA team as his tradable destination.

All right. I'll take you at your word. We never got anything close to what NOP was offered, that's a fact, and I still maintain that the TR package was better than either LA one given the leverage they were handed, but if you don't then let's agree to disagree. The broader point is that we're going over what could have been on one sole trade, and I think the thread's intent extends beyond that so better to move on. Thanks for understanding.
ImageImageImage

The Spurs Way
Thinking of you, Pop :hug:

Return to San Antonio Spurs