GAME DAY, BALA! GAME 67: SPURS AT BLAZERS, 8-5-2021, 9PM (CT)

Moderator: G R E Y

G R E Y
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs
And1: 32,677

GAME DAY, BALA! GAME 67: SPURS AT BLAZERS, 8-5-2021, 9PM (CT) 

Post#1 » by G R E Y » Sat May 8, 2021 6:00 am

From one series-deciding game to another, there's no rest for the victorious as we travel for another key match-up versus an opponent also facing a back-to-back. Whatever reserves we have, and whatever energy and momentum we created in the win must be all channeled into this game. We have a defensive advantage if we set our mind to it, and an interior one if we exploit it. Using more of the physicality we showed tonight and staying on the right side of aggressive with be huge. Oh, and for the love of God let's make our 3s!

WHERE: Moda Center, Portland, OR

WHEN: Saturday, May 8, 2021, 9pm (CT)

Earn The Stripes Mode: Fight hard, find our way through.

GO SPURS GO!!!
ImageImageImage

The Spurs Way
Thinking of you, Pop :hug:
G R E Y
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs

Re: GAME DAY, BALA! GAME 67: SPURS AT BLAZERS, 8-5-2021, 9PM (CT) 

Post#2 » by G R E Y » Sat May 8, 2021 2:12 pm

I won't be able to watch this game (the only one I'll miss this season) so I'll have to settle for ESPN gamecast / box score gawking. But in support of our team - GO SPURS GO!!!
ImageImageImage

The Spurs Way
ducler
Cold Hard Gameday Facts
And1: 8,943

Post#3 » by ducler » Sat May 8, 2021 7:06 pm

Read on Twitter
imagump1313
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,261

Post#4 » by imagump1313 » Sun May 9, 2021 4:40 am

GREY 1769 wrote:I won't be able to watch this game (the only one I'll miss this season) so I'll have to settle for ESPN gamecast / box score gawking. But in support of our team - GO SPURS GO!!!

You really didn't miss anything...

Looks like we have 10th locked up LOL
G R E Y
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs

Post#5 » by G R E Y » Sun May 9, 2021 4:09 pm

[uote="imagump1313"]
GREY 1769 wrote:I won't be able to watch this game (the only one I'll miss this season) so I'll have to settle for ESPN gamecast / box score gawking. But in support of our team - GO SPURS GO!!!

You really didn't miss anything...

Looks like we have 10th locked up LOL[/quote]
Ha! Well looking at box score, everyone except DJ, Lonnie and Devin shot poorly, this time both from 3 and overall FGs.

Patty. Oof. I'm wondering if something is going on off court that may be affecting him? It can't be age - Rudy is older and has been on a good streak even though it hits guys as different times. I read Patty has so far run more miles than anyone else on the team, so that's surely a factor.

And we got brutally outrebounded. Read a quote after the game from DJ I think who said we have to help Jakob. Pop said we have to be better at gang rebounding, too. I'm reading - adding, really - between the lines that Jakob us softer than we need him to be, not as strong. His agility and speed help us in help D, but he does not get good position and box out nearly as often or well as we need him to. And yes, gang rebounding can be better.

We provided lots of chances for rebounding. We need a hypnotist or something for shot making. Seems infectious when one guy starts missing others follow. So hopefully once we see shots going in form one guy that catches on, too.

Other than that, not much more I can say about the gamle.Glad Devin shot well, and Keldon needed more touches, yes?

On to the next one at home.

Read on Twitter
ImageImageImage

The Spurs Way

Return to San Antonio Spurs