Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs
And1: 32,666

Re: 22 Draft 

Post#21 » by G R E Y » Tue May 17, 2022 8:27 pm

imagump1313 wrote:
Spoiler:
G R E Y wrote:
Moussa is a very springy, quick-twitch athlete with great size and length. The Michigan freshman projects as a possible first round pick in the 2022 NBA draft.

Moussa is a plus athlete for his size and is very coordinated with excellent agility. He moves like a big wing but does most of his damage in the paint and from mid range.

Moussa shows promise on the offensive end and is much more than just a post player. He can put the ball on the deck and go coast to coast with the dribble and has range on his jumper.

He shows good court awareness and ability to find the open man and really seems to understand team concepts and play within the flow of the game and within the flow of the offense.

Moussa isn’t an intimidator in the paint but he has some rim protection ability and is a very aware defender. He’s a good help defender and shows good reaction as a weak-side shot blocker.

https://nbadraftroom.com/p/moussa-diabate/

Pros and cons: https://www.nbascoutinglive.com/moussa-diabate-scouting-report/

Seen him close up here. When he's engaged he can raise eyebrows. Not sure how his game will translate with NBA sized players but he's soo young he's worth a chance farther down in the draft. He seemed to disappear a few times this year but UofM did have a weird season and again, he's soo young, he's the type of player you take a chance on.

Cool! I don't trust public mocks anymore. Sometimes there's a consensus about several players as there seems to be about the top of this draft, but there's such great variance with lesser known players. Moussa, for example, ranges from end of first round to undrafted. We have pick 38 so maybe we can snag him if we like his potential or in an undrafted invite. Nice that we're working out more players with some height lol Thanks for your insights!
ImageImageImage

The Spurs Way
Thinking of you, Pop :hug:
G R E Y
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs

Post#22 » by G R E Y » Tue May 17, 2022 9:38 pm

Good vibes prayer circle!

Read on Twitter

An auspicious day for us!

Read on Twitter

:pray:
ImageImageImage

The Spurs Way
G R E Y
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs

Post#23 » by G R E Y » Tue May 17, 2022 11:59 pm

LFG!
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
ImageImageImage

The Spurs Way
G R E Y
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs

Post#24 » by G R E Y » Wed May 18, 2022 12:02 am

Chet in a grey suit, white shirt, black tie.

Just saying...
ImageImageImage

The Spurs Way
imagump1313
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,261

Post#25 » by imagump1313 » Wed May 18, 2022 12:08 am

I'd watch the Lottery just to see David Robinson walking around.
G R E Y
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs

Post#26 » by G R E Y » Wed May 18, 2022 12:11 am

imagump1313 wrote:I'd watch the Lottery just to see David Robinson walking around.

He was just interviewed next to Chet, Jabari, and Paolo. The Admiral was slightly shorter than Chet, but twice as wide at least in the shoulders. The man is H-U-G-E!
ImageImageImage

The Spurs Way
imagump1313
Lead Assistant

Post#27 » by imagump1313 » Wed May 18, 2022 12:13 am

G R E Y wrote:
imagump1313 wrote:I'd watch the Lottery just to see David Robinson walking around.

He was just interviewed next to Chet, Jabari, and Paolo. The Admiral was slightly shorter than Chet, but twice as wide at least in the shoulders. The man is H-U-G-E!

Their suits almost matched if that tells you anything :wink:
G R E Y
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs

Post#28 » by G R E Y » Wed May 18, 2022 12:20 am

Well damn at least we didn't drop back! lol Grateful for small graces!
ImageImageImage

The Spurs Way
imagump1313
Lead Assistant

Post#29 » by imagump1313 » Wed May 18, 2022 12:23 am

Ugh, guess we are getting an undersized guard again..... :lol:
imagump1313
Lead Assistant

Post#30 » by imagump1313 » Wed May 18, 2022 12:27 am

Poor Magic....
They will be forced to draft Holmgren and he will be a bust for sure.....
G R E Y
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs

Post#31 » by G R E Y » Wed May 18, 2022 12:29 am

imagump1313 wrote:Ugh, guess we are getting an undersized guard again..... :lol:

Honestly we're not good enough to draft for fit, but it would just be so meh...
ImageImageImage

The Spurs Way
imagump1313
Lead Assistant

Post#32 » by imagump1313 » Wed May 18, 2022 12:47 am

G R E Y wrote:
imagump1313 wrote:Ugh, guess we are getting an undersized guard again..... :lol:

We're definitely not going to need all 3 of these picks so hopefully we can package something up for a useful player. I wouldn't mind Jovic with one of these picks though. They aren't high enough to get a sure fire player so IMO we need to shoot for the moon and hope we get lucky. We don't need any "safe" picks where we are drafting this year.
G R E Y
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs

Post#33 » by G R E Y » Wed May 18, 2022 1:34 am

imagump1313 wrote:
G R E Y wrote:

We're definitely not going to need all 3 of these picks so hopefully we can package something up for a useful player. I wouldn't mind Jovic with one of these picks though. They aren't high enough to get a sure fire player so IMO we need to shoot for the moon and hope we get lucky. We don't need any "safe" picks where we are drafting this year.

Hey Dirk was 9th...

It's fitting that we got the 9th pick on Tony's birthday so hopefully it's a good omen (not of the guard kind! but what do I know)

Jovic is intriguing but I have to find videos other than dunk compilations lol A 6'10" guy who can dunk is like a bird that can fly
ImageImageImage

The Spurs Way
G R E Y
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs

Post#34 » by G R E Y » Wed May 18, 2022 2:30 am

Read on Twitter

Such a wonderful person:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
ImageImageImage

The Spurs Way
G R E Y
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs

Post#35 » by G R E Y » Wed May 18, 2022 2:32 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
ImageImageImage

The Spurs Way
G R E Y
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs

Post#36 » by G R E Y » Sun May 22, 2022 2:30 am

WORKOUT: Tyrese Martin | Our List of Draft Prospects

Sports Illustrated: That link has five paragraphs on Martin that most Husky fans already know: plus rebounder with NBA-level size, sneaky athleticism, and an improving outside shot.

Though he wasn’t an elite-tier standout, it shouldn’t be surprising to see Martin gaining pro attention. For his two years at UConn, he was arguably the Huskies’ best two-way player. He did a little bit of everything on both ends of the court, all while always providing the gritty toughness that coaches love to see. He’s a future glue guy waiting in the wings.

“Per BartTorvik data, he shot an acceptable 55.9% at the rim, but just 31.9% on non-rim twos, which are the type of shots NBA teams won’t ask him to take all that often. He has pretty good scoring instincts and had a slightly outsized role on a UConn team that really only had two reliable ball-handlers, the other being R.J. Cole.

The biggest determinant in Martin’s success may be his jumper, which seemed to take a big step forward as a senior: he doubled his three-point attempts from 50 to 100, and raised his clip from 32% to a stellar 43%. He turned himself into a capable catch-and-shoot player, has fairly good balance and footwork getting to his jumper, and can make them off the dribble in a pinch. He’ll functionally be more of a three/four in the league, playing out of the slot and along the baseline, which puts emphasis on making open shots. At the end of the day, Martin is good at enough things—and so consistent in his approach—that he’s someone I’d bet on figuring things out. There are plenty of teams who should value what he brings to the table.”

https://www.theuconnblog.com/2022/5/18/23125016/tyrese-martin-rising-in-the-pre-draft-process

Recent scrimmage and interviews:

College highlights from 2020-2021:

Pros and cons: https://www.nbascoutinglive.com/tyrese-martin-scouting-report/
ImageImageImage

The Spurs Way
G R E Y
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs

Post#37 » by G R E Y » Sun May 22, 2022 3:00 am

WORKOUT: Pete Nance (brother of Larry) | Our List of Draft Prospects

EDIT to add: withdrew from draft, returning to college

Led the team with two blocks while scoring 13 points and coming down with five rebounds against Eastern Illinois (11/9) ... Recorded the fifth double-double of his career with a career-high 22 points and 10 rebounds against High Point (11/12) ... Scored 18 points on 7-of-13 shooting and grabbed eight rebounds in a win over New Orleans (11/16) ... Registered his second double-double of the season with 19 points (7-of-8 shooting) and 11 rebounds against Fairleigh Dickinson (11/18) ... Filled the score sheet with 20 points, five rebounds, five assists, a block, and a steal against Providence (11/22) ... Contributed 14 points and nine boards in a win over Georgia (11/23) ... Tallied 15 points, seven rebounds, five assists, and four blocks against Wake Forest (11/30) ... Registered his seventh-career double-double with 17 points and 10 rebounds on 8-of-13 shooting to help defeat Maryland (12/5) ... Tallied 15 points and eight rebounds against Ill. Springfield (12/12) ... Registered 13 points and six rebounds against Michigan State (1/2) ... Connected on three 3-pointers en route to 15 points against Penn State (1/5) ... Scored 20 points on 7-of-12 shooting against Ohio State (1/9) ... Turned in a career-high 28 points and 14 boards against Maryland (1/12) ... Scored 14 points, grabbed six rebounds, and dished out four assists against Michigan (1/26) ... Scored 21 points on 8-of-15 shooting and 3-of-5 from three against Illinois (1/29).

https://nusports.com/sports/mens-basketball/roster/pete-nance/9710

Highlights and interview:

Pros and cons: https://www.nbascoutinglive.com/pete-nance-scouting-report/
ImageImageImage

The Spurs Way
G R E Y
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs

Post#38 » by G R E Y » Sun May 22, 2022 3:27 am

WORKOUT: Drew Peterson | Our List of Draft Prospects

Peterson enjoyed a career-best season with USC in 2021-2022, averaging 12.4 points per game (third on the team) with 6.2 rebounds and 3.3 assists, and became a vital part of the team down the stretch.

Peterson had three 20-plus point outings in his final 10 games, including a huge 27-point showing against UCLA on Feb. 12. His clutch 3 against Oregon in Eugene was the highlight of his season.

https://trojanswire.usatoday.com/2022/04/12/uscs-drew-peterson-enters-his-name-into-nba-draft-will-retain-college-eligibility/

Talk about your skillset and being able to do everything well on the floor?

“I just feel as a player I really rely on being a big guard. I’m 6-8, I feel that I can play anywhere from the 1 to the 3. I can play anywhere on the floor. And I have the ability to create size mismatches or speed mismatches depending on who’s guarding me. If there’s a small guard on me I can post up and if there’s a bigger forward on me I can take the ball and go by him. I can do a little bit of everything on the floor and the most prideful thing I can do is facilitate. That’s what separates me. I really like to get my teammates open and create for them. I love to come off ball-screens, draw two and kick. Given all that and being a three-level scorer, I just feel like to can see the well-roundedness of my game”.

The rest of the interview: https://www.overtimeheroics.net/2020/06/12/unorthodox-and-unique-drew-peterson/

Pros and cons: https://www.nbascoutinglive.com/drew-peterson-scouting-report/
ImageImageImage

The Spurs Way
imagump1313
Lead Assistant

Post#39 » by imagump1313 » Sun May 22, 2022 4:43 am

G R E Y wrote:WORKOUT: Tyrese Martin
WORKOUT: Pete Nance (brother of Larry)
WORKOUT: Drew Peterson

Thanks for the updates!
All these guys look like G-Leaguers at best though :(

Peterson is boasting how he can post up small guards(Well...I should hope so since you're 6'9" LOL)
Martin's scouting cons:Struggles to score in traffic, Not an elite ball handler, too passive offensively, struggles against quick players. (We have 8 guys just like that already :lol: )
Nance has the best potential of the three of them. He's not even projected to be drafted but players like him and U of M's Diabate are guys to take a chance on outside of the draft.
G R E Y
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs

Post#40 » by G R E Y » Sun May 22, 2022 5:24 am

imagump1313 wrote:
G R E Y wrote:WORKOUT: Tyrese Martin
WORKOUT: Pete Nance (brother of Larry)
WORKOUT: Drew Peterson

Thanks for the updates!
All these guys look like G-Leaguers at best though :(

Peterson is boasting how he can post up small guards(Well...I should hope so since you're 6'9" LOL)
Martin's scouting cons:Struggles to score in traffic, Not an elite ball handler, too passive offensively, struggles against quick players. (We have 8 guys just like that already :lol: )
Nance has the best potential of the three of them. He's not even projected to be drafted but players like him and U of M's Diabate are guys to take a chance on outside of the draft.

Sure thing! I'm actually a bit behind but this long weekend will be a mass catch-up. Yeah I agree about their positioning. I think it covers several checks: seeing prospects, developing good relationships and continuing a great reputation of giving feedback to prospects and being on solid standing with agents, and like in previous seasons, the info that came out first were workouts with end of draft/second round players.

There's a lot of cloak and dagger the closer we get to the draft. The guys we're in love with at our spots we have to not wear out hearts on our sleeves about.

Who had us taking Primo?!

I want us to want Eason!
ImageImageImage

The Spurs Way

Return to San Antonio Spurs