San Antonio @ Denver

Moderator: G R E Y

LyMinh
Lead Assistant
And1: 9

Post#21 » by LyMinh » Fri Jan 4, 2008 4:31 am

Not good execution down the stretch. Why did we let so much time off the clock before we fouled Iverson? We could have gotten a better shot than Finley's lame attempt at the end if we had more time.
HarlemHeat37
Banned User
And1: 6

Post#22 » by HarlemHeat37 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 4:36 am

stupid ending..

It's strange seeing mental mistakes from our team..

and Anthony Carter?! damn..

Parker's 2 FT misses were big..Duncan played like ****..
co_laper
General Manager
And1: 331

Post#23 » by co_laper » Fri Jan 4, 2008 4:40 am

Camby DPOY...
Neel
Senior
And1: 0

Post#24 » by Neel » Fri Jan 4, 2008 4:44 am

Good game guys.

I'm impressed with my Nuggs for being able to beat SA in a close game; Denver is a MUCH better defensive team than people give them credit for.

I won't overrate the win though, with Ginobli on the court this is a completely different game; he's a threat from anywhere in the half-court.

Once again, Finley comes up huge against the Nuggets every time. We really need to find a way to defend the 3pt line.

P.S. why isn't your board more active? I know SA is a small market, but I still figured you'd have a lot of enthusiastic fans judging by how unbelievably good your team is year in and year out.
Ballings7
RealGM
And1: 1,474

Post#25 » by Ballings7 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 4:50 am

Well some different than I thought it'd be, but we still came up short like expected

Fun win for Denver

Definitely liked Finley tonight, on both ends of the court, and I dug Udoka defending Carmelo in his 2nd stint (didn't notice him in the first one). Showed how he differs from Bowen as a defender, in being stronger.
The Playoffs don't care about your Analytics
Blame Rasho
On Leave
And1: 8,466

Post#26 » by Blame Rasho » Fri Jan 4, 2008 5:28 am

We could have folded when we were down 17 but we were there in the end. We were up 4 and then we lost the lead. It is what it is... we imposed our will on them and tonight they got the much deserved W.
SMRattler
Head Coach

Post#27 » by SMRattler » Fri Jan 4, 2008 5:57 am

I loved this game. I was really impressed we were able to tough out the start and make it a battle with a chance to win. A good chance to win too. I was really impressed. We didn't have a lot of firepower on the bench.

Manu is probably our 2nd best player and good for 20-25 points with efficiency. Barry is good for a couple of three pointers. Those two guys spread the floor and hit 3's. Plus they are two guys that help us mask our backup PG problem, some of our better passers and ball handlers. Then Elson who is our backup center.

We're very short handed but we fought hard and made it a defensive struggle of a game. Old Spurs style. We still got it. :-) Good win for Denver though.
Ballings7
RealGM
And1: 1,474

Post#28 » by Ballings7 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 7:03 am

^ Yup.

And yeah, I had a blast watching it, too. Being against a media-team in Denver made it more fun, too.
The Playoffs don't care about your Analytics
SMRattler
Head Coach

Post#29 » by SMRattler » Fri Jan 4, 2008 4:30 pm

Also wanted to comment on Udoka. He got some quality mins in this game. REALLY got physical with Melo and unlike our other guys we throw at Melo, he wasn't physcially overwhelmed. He held his own physically on defense against him. That is a good sign.

If he can start hitting some open looks, that would be nice. But I can see the dimension on defense he can add and we really need too.

Return to San Antonio Spurs