I like..

Moderator: G R E Y

Adde91202
Sophomore
And1: 0

I like.. 

Post#1 » by Adde91202 » Sat Jan 5, 2008 3:21 am

the way Stoudamire plays, veteran PG, could be very useful behind Parker... seems to me like he wants out, anybody?
CDB
Sixth Man
And1: 1

Post#2 » by CDB » Sat Jan 5, 2008 4:11 am

I like Mighty Mouse and think he would be a nice fit for this team behind TP. I watch a lot of Spurs games and consider myself a Spurs fan but I cant stand to watch Vaughn play off the bench, I really would rather have another PG in front of him. Damon would be good, but I dont like his contract for this team even though it is only 4+ mil. If he takes a buyout and sign for lee I would be happy.
Dont Get Kobeterized!
Ballings7
RealGM
And1: 1,474

Post#3 » by Ballings7 » Sat Jan 5, 2008 8:39 am

I actually really like Vaughn. I was a fan of the signing. He plays his role effectively on both ends, and took over nicely for Beno mid-last season. People naturally forget him, but he was a part of several runs we had during the playoffs last year. He's steady, experienced, and tough with what he does. He's a Popovich-type player and back-up PG, as well.

We could upgrade at back-up PG, but I think JV's just fine.

Damon Stoudamire's style I don't really think fits this team. He'd have to change his game to adapt, and I'm not sure to what extent he'd do that. If he's willing to do what is needed and does it consistenly, then, alright. I just have questionability if it'd work out.
The Playoffs don't care about your Analytics
the southern dandy
Analyst
And1: 1

Post#4 » by the southern dandy » Sat Jan 5, 2008 10:06 am

If a buyout did occur I think Stoudamire would fit the mould of a veteran looking for a ring. If he were to sign for the veteran's minimum we could have a potentially huge upgrade with very little risk as Vaughn would still be around. This move would make our depth unrivaled.
co_laper
General Manager
And1: 331

Post#5 » by co_laper » Sat Jan 5, 2008 11:24 am

I don't mind Damon Stoudamire but at the same time i don't want this to be NVE 2.0.

Personally, i think Damon's best destinations is Miami. Even thou their record tells us they're one of the worst teams in the league, everyone still feel like they can turn it around simply because they have Shaq and Wade. A guy like Damon might actually be able to turn them around since their PG spot is a bit crappy right now.

Or Cleveland is another fine destination for Damon since he's immediately their best true PG and can move Hughes back to his natural position.

Plus, we're so close to the tax that even a vet min i think will take us over. I just can't envision Damon as a Spur.
Ballings7
RealGM
And1: 1,474

Post#6 » by Ballings7 » Sat Jan 5, 2008 12:55 pm

I think Stoudamire is best in Cleveland. Gives them a veteran PG who can shoot, score, and make plays, and Damon can start there with a significant role.

The Cavs have had no set PG since Andre Miller was traded. Snow was the most consistent in who was there, before various things changed with the team and him. But even so, Snow didn't really have the job locked down.

Would be a bunch different on this team for Damon, considering who else is on the team.
The Playoffs don't care about your Analytics

Return to San Antonio Spurs