Suns..

Moderator: G R E Y

nashill
Sixth Man
And1: 20

Suns.. 

Post#1 » by nashill » Wed Jan 9, 2008 3:57 am

Im just curious guys, have the Suns earned Spurs fans respect last years playoff match?

Edit...Changed title... it wasn't a game thread
Ballings7
RealGM
And1: 1,474

Post#2 » by Ballings7 » Wed Jan 9, 2008 4:23 am

For me... in the way of being a good team that can give us a series, sure. Which has been there for a little while. But not in the way of legitimately being able to beat us. I think we're noticably better as a team.
HarlemHeat37
Banned User
And1: 6

Post#3 » by HarlemHeat37 » Wed Jan 9, 2008 5:00 am

I hate the Suns, but I do believe they have the potential to beat us in a series..so they do earn my respect as a team..some of them don't have my respect as players though..
UDRIH14
General Manager
And1: 662

Post#4 » by UDRIH14 » Wed Jan 9, 2008 6:43 am

if you stop ur cryin...then we see

anyway this game doesnt mean much to spurs fans, since we are playin in a slump atm
AJ:"I'm Western Conference," he said. "I'm Popovich. I'm for him, for Texas and for the Spurs."
nashill
Sixth Man

Post#5 » by nashill » Wed Jan 9, 2008 8:11 am

Spurs is one of my favorite team in the past 7 years but i must admit that im rooting for the Suns now. I've been a fan of teams with good leadership (Duncan and Nash) and teamwork (Sacramento 2001-2004).. i live outside US anyway.

I kknow you wont agree with me that last years playoff match between the two could have gone either way if not the suspension.
Spurs.Grizzlies.Hawks.Bulls.Wizards.
Ballings7
RealGM

Post#6 » by Ballings7 » Wed Jan 9, 2008 8:53 am

If there was a game 7, I think the series was a toss-up. But I still would of picked the Spurs in that situation.

Good taste in teams, by the way
The Playoffs don't care about your Analytics
Blame Rasho
On Leave
And1: 8,466

Post#7 » by Blame Rasho » Wed Jan 9, 2008 7:11 pm

I respect their team but their fans leave alot to be desired at times.

In the end they are an elite team but we have proven to be better... they have flaws that we can exploit better than anyone in the NBA.
LyMinh
Lead Assistant
And1: 9

Post#8 » by LyMinh » Wed Jan 9, 2008 9:59 pm

Suns are a great team.

Just not as good as ours.
johnnyjohnnyjohnny
Bench Warmer
And1: 0

Post#9 » by johnnyjohnnyjohnny » Wed Jan 9, 2008 11:46 pm

The Suns are a really good team, in general their fans leave a lot to be desired... I also don't really 'like' a lot of their players as individuals.

Last seasons series could have gone either way, it's a shame Suns fans blame some NBA conspiracy on the suspensions and not the players immaturity.
*** Having a NICE NAVY DAY ***
Ballings7
RealGM

Post#10 » by Ballings7 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:28 am

jjj wrote:it's a shame Suns fans blame some NBA conspiracy on the suspensions and not the players immaturity.

Gotta agree there.
UDRIH14
General Manager

Post#11 » by UDRIH14 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:39 am

there fans and management........
AJ:"I'm Western Conference," he said. "I'm Popovich. I'm for him, for Texas and for the Spurs."
co_laper
General Manager
And1: 331

Post#12 » by co_laper » Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:32 pm

Honestly i think it's kinda normal that a fan reacted that way. Can you really say that if we switch Phoenix to other teams such as New York or Toronto or LA and they wouldn't act like them? It's just normal. they have a huge fan base and there's bound to be a bigger amount of them that feels it was consipiracy and stuff.

We have like 10 guys on this board and maybe 1 would feel the same way if it happened to us. them boys, they have like 1000 guys on their board so if 100 of them comes over, it'd make us feel like all of them suns fans are like that.

The Suns fans that post here and talk smack, i remember their names. but when i go see the Suns Board, there's atleast 10 times more guys that i have never seen on this board.
UDRIH14
General Manager

Post#13 » by UDRIH14 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:45 pm

they are like us during the lakers 3peat....

just sulk it up and wait for your title shot again
nashill
Sixth Man

Post#14 » by nashill » Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:28 am

co_laper wrote:Honestly i think it's kinda normal that a fan reacted that way. Can you really say that if we switch Phoenix to other teams such as New York or Toronto or LA and they wouldn't act like them? It's just normal. they have a huge fan base and there's bound to be a bigger amount of them that feels it was consipiracy and stuff.

We have like 10 guys on this board and maybe 1 would feel the same way if it happened to us. them boys, they have like 1000 guys on their board so if 100 of them comes over, it'd make us feel like all of them suns fans are like that.

The Suns fans that post here and talk smack, i remember their names. but when i go see the Suns Board, there's atleast 10 times more guys that i have never seen on this board.

good post.

Back to the topic and looking forward to the rematch. The reason why i thought last years playoff could have gone either way its because Suns stole game 4 and will have a momentum and home court advantage. But of course if it had gone to game 7 against spurs, home court in a game 7 wont matter.
Blame Rasho
On Leave
And1: 8,466

Post#15 » by Blame Rasho » Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:47 am

Honestly they can make one trade and change everything. Diaw just sucks right now and if they can package him with their Atlanta pick with some third team maybe they can land a player like Emeka Okafur who seems lost with Nazr. They need to address their rebounding woes. Hell... they should have traded for Nazr.
nashill
Sixth Man

Post#16 » by nashill » Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:29 am

TD is the MAN wrote:Honestly they can make one trade and change everything. Diaw just sucks right now and if they can package him with their Atlanta pick with some third team maybe they can land a player like Emeka Okafur who seems lost with Nazr. They need to address their rebounding woes. Hell... they should have traded for Nazr.

This is what frustrates me, dantoni doesnt care about rebounding...
nashill
Sixth Man

Post#17 » by nashill » Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:30 am

TD is the MAN wrote:Honestly they can make one trade and change everything. Diaw just sucks right now and if they can package him with their Atlanta pick with some third team maybe they can land a player like Emeka Okafur who seems lost with Nazr. They need to address their rebounding woes. Hell... they should have traded for Nazr.

its nice coming from a Spurs fan who knows what the phoenix should do while most of phoenix fans really just focusing on shooting the ball...
Ballings7
RealGM

Post#18 » by Ballings7 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:12 am

Like TDITM said (though doubt Charlotte's trading Diaw for Emeka), they have to make a trade either this season or in the summer to improve noticably up front. Another shooter might help too, as a secondary priority.
ray ray
Sixth Man
And1: 762

Post#19 » by ray ray » Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:17 pm

Suns fan here, like you guys we respect your team with the character and defense ability but hate them at the same time. We defitnatly need a change in the Suns roster and Emeka Okufor is the answer.

If you guys where in the Bobcats FO would you do a Trade Exception(5-6 mil) and Atlanta's Pick for Emeka Okufor?? If not what would you want from the Suns roster.( Except 4 players Steve Nash, Shawn Marion, Grant Hill and Amare.)
Magz50
Head Coach
And1: 114

Post#20 » by Magz50 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:19 pm

If was the Bobcats i'd want at least Barbosa or Marion for Emeka. He's borderline allstar level. They won't just bend over for the Suns.

The Suns really need a big up front though, badly. So Amare can play PF a much more favourable position for him. Hell even Zach Randolf could be a possibility for a pick and that exception, sure he's a lazy black hole, but he's a hell of a rebounder and can shoot the ball well and score at will. I'm sure Isiah would jump at that offer.

Return to San Antonio Spurs