Offseason thread... MLE,Draft, and all the other stuff...

Moderator: G R E Y

Blame Rasho
On Leave
And1: 8,466

Re: Offseason thread... MLE,Draft, and all the other stuff... 

Post#441 » by Blame Rasho » Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:25 pm

Cheap and good pick up for them.
Ballings7
RealGM
And1: 1,476

Post#442 » by Ballings7 » Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:50 am

In the meantime, for the Spurs, the business of putting together the rest of next season's roster goes on.

With Thomas, the Spurs have 11 players under contract for next season, with a 12th — first-round draft pick George Hill — expected to sign in the weeks to come.

There remains a strong possibility the team will sign one or both of its second-round picks — Malik Hairston out of Oregon and James Gist from Maryland.

Horry in limbo: It is appearing more and more like Robert Horry's days as a Spur are over.

Horry, who won two of his seven NBA championships with the Spurs, has said he wants to play a 17th NBA season and would prefer to do it in San Antonio. However, dialogue between Horry and the Spurs has been scant.

Thomas' decision to re-sign could mark the end of Horry's days in silver and black. Unless Horry attracts interest elsewhere, he could be forced to retire, putting an end to his distinguished career as one of the top NBA role players of all-time.

Manu returns: Ginobili was back on a basketball court Tuesday for the first time since Game 5 of the Western Conference finals.

Playing for Argentina's national team in an Olympic warm-up game against Spain in Madrid, Ginobili scored 18 points in a 90-88 victory for the Spaniards.

It marked the first action of the summer for the Spurs guard, who had been nursing an injured ankle since early in the NBA postseason.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/spur ... _town.html

I'm still kind of expecting a trade involving Bonner/Vaughn/maybe a pick... if anything just to add more interest to the off-season :).
The Playoffs don't care about your Analytics
Blame Rasho
On Leave

Post#443 » by Blame Rasho » Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:26 pm

I hope to god we trade both of them for a rotation player...
Ballings7
RealGM

Post#444 » by Ballings7 » Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:57 am

Indiana is even younger now and has a glut of centers who will command time... Foster/Hibbert/Murphy/Rasho. Plus Baston/McRoberts, who could be in the rotation depending how things go.

How about a combination of Oberto/Bonner/Vaughn/R2 pick for Jeff Foster. If we didn't have to give Oberto up, even better, he can be an extra reliable big.

I'd just love Jeff Foster on this team.
Blame Rasho
On Leave

Post#445 » by Blame Rasho » Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:53 pm

I think Foster can net them something better. He is a big and expiring.
Ballings7
RealGM

Post#446 » by Ballings7 » Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:21 am

I actually read of rumors on the Indiana board he wants to sign here next summer, makes sense with being from San Antonio, and of course the good playing situation. Settling down for his career in a good way, maybe.
lukeridenour
Bench Warmer
And1: 1

Post#447 » by lukeridenour » Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:17 am

Ballings7 wrote:I actually read of rumors on the Indiana board he wants to sign here next summer, makes sense with being from San Antonio, and of course the good playing situation. Settling down for his career in a good way, maybe.

sounds good, too bad we cant just trade bonner to them for now.
Manu Ginobili:

* Italian League Championship: 2001
* Italian Cup: 2001, 2002
* Euroleague: 2001
* Americas Championship: 2001
* NBA Championship: 2003, 2005, 2007
* Summer Olympic Games gold medal: 2004
Blame Rasho
On Leave

Post#448 » by Blame Rasho » Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:23 am

The Houston Rockets have reached an agreement to acquire forward Ron Artest from the Sacramento Kings, the Houston Chronicle is reporting.

The Rockets will give up guard Bobby Jackson, a No. 1 draft pick next season and another player that the individual with knowledge of the trade could not name.

It is believed that rookie Donte Greene is included in the deal, which will prevent the deal from going through until August 14, when Greene is able to be dealt.

There could also be other players involved to make the money match but none that the Rockets would plan to keep. The Rockets will also send the Kings cash in excess of $1 million.

Damn...
Ballings7
RealGM

Post#449 » by Ballings7 » Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:35 pm

Not so much relating to us, but interesting news, still:

I just got word that the Golden State Warriors may be close to acquiring PF Josh Smith, aka JSmoove aka Silly Pony, from the Atlanta Hawks...but contrary to popular belief the W's are not offering Brandan Wright...here's what's on the table...

Al Harrington, Stephen Jackson, Kosta Perovic, 2009 #1
for
Josh Smith, Speedy Claxton

the W's would then pick up Stephon Marbury to round out their roster...
PG: Poison / Williams / Claxton
SG: Ellis / Azu / Beli / Morrow
SF: Maggette / Randolph
PF: Smith / Wright / Hendrix
C: AB / Turiaf / Amundson

this rumor is red hot...if the trade happens, I will reveal my source...if it doesn't, my hitless streak will continue...

http://firechrismullin.blogspot.com/200 ... se-to.html
Blame Rasho
On Leave

Post#450 » by Blame Rasho » Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:32 pm

That is a freaking steal for GS but all of a sudden they are very weak at their guard position outside of Ellis.
lukeridenour
Bench Warmer

Post#451 » by lukeridenour » Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:33 pm

interesting...
Manu Ginobili:

Ballings7
RealGM

Post#452 » by Ballings7 » Fri Aug 1, 2008 4:44 am

Wondering what the fate of

Devin Brown
Fred Jones
Kirk Snyder
Demitris Nichols
Walter Hermann
Jumaine Jones
Ruben Patterson - lol, yeah... but the guy is still a pretty good player, I actually have forgot about him for a little while now. I think he'd be okay on this team.

Will be...

I'd like for us to add one of those guys for extra wing depth and versatility... I bet a few of them go overseas.
Ballings7
RealGM

Post#453 » by Ballings7 » Fri Aug 1, 2008 6:13 am

This may be something to look out for (not expecting anything with us, but who knows):

bulls exploring sign and trade deals for gordon
Ben Gordon needs to decide between basically four different options. The first is for the Bulls to sign-and-trade Gordon, which is a definite possibility. GM John Paxson has recently had disscussion with multiple teams. The Miami Heat, Phoenix Suns and New Orleans Hornets are the most recent teams trying to work out a sign-and trade for Gordon. The second option for Gordon is to sign the qualifying offer sheet, play out one more year and become an un-resricted free agent. If the Bulls cannot swing a trade, look for this to most likely happen. The third option would be for Gordon to sign an extension for less money than what he feels hes worth. This likely will not happen unless Gordon suddenly has a change of heart and realizes what the Bulls are offering is actually a pretty fair deal. The last option for Gordon is to leave for Europe, which is the least likely of them all. Gordon has mainly mentioned Europe to hopefully grab the Bulls attention.

http://www.rumorpress.net/?p=29

yossixbean11 wrote:I heard something about the Spurs having interest, maybe as a starter even.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=830106

I think BG would work here as long as the minutes and line-ups are managed right, which they should and probably would be with Pop. Always have liked BG a lot, he'd be a serious addition.
lukeridenour
Bench Warmer

Post#454 » by lukeridenour » Fri Aug 1, 2008 6:53 am

probably wont work money wise tho..
Manu Ginobili:

Ballings7
RealGM

Post#455 » by Ballings7 » Sat Aug 2, 2008 10:59 pm

Hermann stays with Detroit for this season
bmw42690
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#456 » by bmw42690 » Tue Aug 5, 2008 1:33 am

What is our situation with Robertas Javtokas? What is his contract like overseas? I was watching the US-Lithuania game the other day and he looked pretty impressive.
Blame Rasho
On Leave

Post#457 » by Blame Rasho » Tue Aug 5, 2008 2:09 am

bmw42690 wrote:What is our situation with Robertas Javtokas? What is his contract like overseas? I was watching the US-Lithuania game the other day and he looked pretty impressive.

I think he has a buyout next year but he is under contract with his current team in Moscow. I am sure his buyout is better than whatever we have left from our MLE.

I always liked him given that he is a young and active big, but he wanted too much money when we were interested in him.
ss1986v2
Sixth Man

Post#458 » by ss1986v2 » Tue Aug 5, 2008 6:17 am

http://blogs.mysanantonio.com/weblogs/c ... _s_12.html

mysa.com wrote:The rumor in one Western Conference front office Monday afternoon had it that Pargo was about to agree to -- or perhaps already had agreed to -- a deal that would have brought the backup point guard to San Antonio.

Ah, but not so fast.

Pargo's agent, Mark Bartelstein, acknowledged ongoing talks with the Spurs, but said his client has yet to agree to a deal with anyone.

"The Spurs speak for themselves," Bartelstein said Monday. "It's a great place to play. They are limited in what they can do financially, but we are definitely talking to them."

posted this on the hornets board. im not going to give this much thought though. jeff mcdonald is horrible, and doesnt even get the financial facts straight in this article. spurs only have about 2 mil to offer, and i cant see pargo agreeing to anything near that. move along, nothing to see here...
Stupidity Should be Painful!
Ballings7
RealGM

Post#459 » by Ballings7 » Tue Aug 5, 2008 7:02 am

Pargo would be nice
lukeridenour
Bench Warmer

Post#460 » by lukeridenour » Tue Aug 5, 2008 8:20 am

could that mean hill goes to austin, or vaughn on his way out?
Manu Ginobili:

Return to San Antonio Spurs