Spurs V.S Pistons

Moderator: G R E Y

Black_Jack21
Sixth Man
And1: 27

Spurs V.S Pistons 

Post#1 » by Black_Jack21 » Tue Dec 2, 2008 11:48 pm

We're at home... We all our personel back... Our replacements have been playing ungodly, taking us from, "Let's Tank," to, "Hey awesome we're above .500!"... We have the old enemy Detroit.

I'm expecting the big three to really kick on and Mason to continue his good form.
Spurs by 12
Fate rarely calls upon us at a time of our choosing

-Optimus Prime
Cowology
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 3,743

Re: Spurs V.S Pistons 

Post#2 » by Cowology » Wed Dec 3, 2008 3:47 am

I'm surprised by how well Mason is playing this year. Good for him.

For what it's worth I think to many people are sleeping on the Spurs. I of course give the Lakers a slight edge over everybody else in the West, but I think the Spurs are in the mix with about 5 or 6 other teams who all have a shot at making the WCF and I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see the Spurs come out on top of that race.

Nobody hopes for injuries, but it's given some guys an opportunity to earn the trust of the coaching staff and their teammates and that might benefit you down the stretch.

I still think the decline of Bowen really hurts and your frontcourt looks a bit thin, but that bench might prove tougher than originally thought.

Just outa curiosity what did you guys think of Stuckey? This was one of his better games, but shows why we think he has such a bright future.
Gutter92
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#3 » by Gutter92 » Wed Dec 3, 2008 3:52 am

Why did Hill play only 6 minutes? We let this one slip...28-14 in the fourth...
HarlemHeat37
Banned User
And1: 6

Post#4 » by HarlemHeat37 » Wed Dec 3, 2008 4:39 am

this was an embarrassing loss..

Pistons are great and all, but we had the game in control at 2 separate occasions and let it slip, as usual..

it's gonna take us a while to implement Parker and Ginobili back, especially defensively..

Pop coached one of the worst games of his career tonight, but probably still trying to tweak the rotation..Bowen is still a great impact player, I have no idea why he didn't play more, he was solid tonight..no idea why KT didn't play, he has been playing well lately..Finley played too much, just like last year's trend..Jacque got minutes..Bonner played way too much, since he was struggling

Cow- Stuckey killed us..I loved when Iverson was on the floor, since his defense is just as bad as Tony's and he was taking bad shots IMO..Stuckey and Afflalo were big defensively and killed us in transition though..I heard he wasn't playing that well lately, but he looked great tonight..whole Pistons bench was great..Stuckey, Afflalo and Maxiell..

Kwame Brown is still terrible..
roc
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 983

Post#5 » by roc » Wed Dec 3, 2008 5:01 am

HarlemHeat37 wrote:this was an embarrassing loss..

Pistons are great and all, but we had the game in control at 2 separate occasions and let it slip, as usual..

it's gonna take us a while to implement Parker and Ginobili back, especially defensively..

Pop coached one of the worst games of his career tonight, but probably still trying to tweak the rotation..Bowen is still a great impact player, I have no idea why he didn't play more, he was solid tonight..no idea why KT didn't play, he has been playing well lately..Finley played too much, just like last year's trend..Jacque got minutes..Bonner played way too much, since he was struggling

Cow- Stuckey killed us..I loved when Iverson was on the floor, since his defense is just as bad as Tony's and he was taking bad shots IMO..Stuckey and Afflalo were big defensively and killed us in transition though..I heard he wasn't playing that well lately, but he looked great tonight..whole Pistons bench was great..Stuckey, Afflalo and Maxiell..

Kwame Brown is still terrible..

Don't forget Amir ;)

and

My boy Stuckey had a hand injury he was dealing with for a bit but he is in the swing of things now.

This game thread is like the AntiRaptors and you guys have a much better team albeit in a much smaller market. :dontknow:
the crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe
HarlemHeat37
Banned User

Post#6 » by HarlemHeat37 » Wed Dec 3, 2008 5:02 am

most Spurs fans are at SpursTalk..
roc
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 983

Post#7 » by roc » Wed Dec 3, 2008 5:08 am

HarlemHeat37 wrote:most Spurs fans are at SpursTalk..

"I see" said the blind man to his deaf son.
the crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe
hbs
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#8 » by hbs » Wed Dec 3, 2008 5:16 am

Tony Parker's play in the 4th quarter was horrible. In one stretch Parker's shot was blocked by Afflalo, he lost ball to Afflalo, and then he travels. After this sequence one point Spurs' lead turned into 4-point deficit in a very tight game up to that point.

I like to see George Hill play more in place of overrated Parker. Hill played six minuntes tonight. He deserves more time on the court.
Liqourish
RealGM
And1: 2,245

Post#9 » by Liqourish » Wed Dec 3, 2008 6:34 pm

I like George Hill and I hope he continues to do well for your team.

As for Stuckey not playing well lately... He got dizzy during a game against Boston and was clutching his chest by his heart. Detroit sat him out the rest of that game and the next two games to run a variety of tests to make sure it was nothing serious. His second game back he was fouled by Shaq and injured his wrist. He had a new brace made for his wrist and since then has played nicely averaging 12.5 pts 3.8 rebs 7.0 asts 2.0 stls on 48% fg in 26.3 mpg.

Of course a Cavs fan and a couple Bucks fans went on a tangent about how poorly Stuckey has played and how he's vastly overrated.
Blame Rasho
On Leave
And1: 8,483

Post#10 » by Blame Rasho » Wed Dec 3, 2008 9:33 pm

It is hard to watch this team when we can't score the ball. We just don't have a flow during key parts of the game. We played good enough D to get the W but we go thru scoring droughts still.

Hill needs more PT. I don't care if you put him at shooting guard. We need someone with the ability to score other than our big three. Mason can do that every now and then but Hill has to go balls out when he is on the court.

The Pistons were better than us quite simply, we had our moments but we can't play in spurts.
HarlemHeat37
Banned User

Post#11 » by HarlemHeat37 » Wed Dec 3, 2008 10:47 pm

the key with George is that he actually penetrates, which is something our other guys don't do often enough..we get it from Tony and occasionally from Manu, but our other wing players don't do it often..Hill might be the most aggressive player on our team, which is a key when we're going through slumps..

I hated that Pop put JV in..I thought we were done with that..
Black_Jack21
Sixth Man
And1: 27

Post#12 » by Black_Jack21 » Wed Dec 3, 2008 11:44 pm

tony parker 09 wrote:We're at home... We all our personel back... Our replacements have been playing ungodly, taking us from, "Let's Tank," to, "Hey awesome we're above .500!"... We have the old enemy Detroit.

I'm expecting the big three to really kick on and Mason to continue his good form.
Spurs by 12

Well score right team wrong.
very disapointing, Hill didn't see much time, the team just played bad,
Can't believe Thomas got no time and Bonner STARTED.
Fate rarely calls upon us at a time of our choosing

-Optimus Prime
Gutter92
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#13 » by Gutter92 » Thu Dec 4, 2008 4:04 am

When I saw Bonner in the starting lineup...
ss1986v2
Sixth Man
And1: 1

Post#14 » by ss1986v2 » Thu Dec 4, 2008 4:26 am

i cant harp on bonner. hes played the best out of any of our bigs in the last week or so. and even though his stroke got away from him the other night, he didnt seem to get flustered by it like usual. plus he stayed on the boards, something none of our other bigs have seemed to be able to do.

right now, it seems to be an issue of chemistry and getting rotations set. with everyone back, its going to take a bit for the returning guys to settle into their old spots, and the guys who have been out there to settle into their new roles. id rather pop not play around with the rotations so much (limited PT for hill, bowen, KT; giving PT to finley and vaughn), but its still early and we have a long way to go.

looks like it time to break out the old mantra:

wake me in april...
Stupidity Should be Painful!
Legend Killer
Junior
And1: 0

Post#15 » by Legend Killer » Thu Dec 4, 2008 6:46 am

Pistons playing horrible....Hey I don't watch the Spurs but where is Horry?He still on Spurs?
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,414

Post#16 » by SD2042 » Thu Dec 4, 2008 8:29 am

Horry has retired.
Roscoe Sheed
RealGM
And1: 4,509

Post#17 » by Roscoe Sheed » Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:59 am

I would rather have Sheed stay with the Pistons next season, but don't you guys think he make a fabulous tandem with Duncan? What can the Spurs afford to pay a free agent this coming off-season?
ss1986v2
Sixth Man
And1: 1

Post#18 » by ss1986v2 » Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:04 am

Roscoe Sheed wrote:I would rather have Sheed stay with the Pistons next season, but don't you guys think he make a fabulous tandem with Duncan? What can the Spurs afford to pay a free agent this coming off-season?

nothing. we will be right at, if not over the tax line (too lazy to do the math).

as for sheed on the spurs, its been my dream since '04 for rasheed to be a spur. i think hes the perfect match next to duncan. at this point, i think hes past his heyday, but would still love to have him at a reasonable price.
Stupidity Should be Painful!

Return to San Antonio Spurs