Per Wiretap: Kidd's Regret

Moderator: G R E Y

Donald Kaufman
General Manager
And1: 601

Per Wiretap: Kidd's Regret 

Post#1 » by Donald Kaufman » Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:00 pm

What do you guys make of this? Kidd wishes he signed with us in '03...I can understand his decision in a way, he'd just lost to us in the Finals and if I remember correctly his wife at the time pretty much made the decision for him, being the pants-wearer in the relationship.

Do you think we would have been better had he signed with us in '03? Can't help but think that TP wouldn't have been around too long if Kidd signed with us.
Black_Jack21
Sixth Man
And1: 27

Re: Per Wiretap: Kidd's Regret 

Post#2 » by Black_Jack21 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:11 am

we have won 2 championships since then, can't complain.

Like you say, with Kidd, TP would have gone, and i think we all know who the superior player is now. I'm happy with the non-signing
Fate rarely calls upon us at a time of our choosing

-Optimus Prime
Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,611

Post#3 » by Nolan » Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:14 am

tony parker 09 wrote:we have won 2 championships since then, can't complain.

Like you say, with Kidd, TP would have gone, and i think we all know who the superior player is now. I'm happy with the non-signing

I agree with, can't really complain with what Parker's given us. There's also the future to consider as well, with Parker we have a guy to build around when Duncan and Manu retire.
@bruce_arthur "And finally, as a whore." RT @docfunk "Here is what LeBron looks like as a Knick, a Fireman, an Astronaut..."
SimonAdebisi
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#4 » by SimonAdebisi » Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:30 am

I don't think so bro. When Duncan retires, Popovich is gone, and so is Parker. We're gonna have to cherish these next few years.
co_laper
General Manager
And1: 331

Post#5 » by co_laper » Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:41 am

Yeah, I remember Popovich saying he's here as long Duncan is here and stuff. I really do have a feeling that once Duncan retires, Pop will too.

I'm gonna be honest, I think our years are over. With a full team, I think we're still a threat. But if you compare our full team againts Lakers or Cavs or Celtics... That's all we are. A threat. We're not gonna win it.

Ever since 2003, I always get the feeling that we are as good as any of the title contenders. For this year and the next, we're a notch below and it's not looking like we can do anything to make that jump.
Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,611

Post#6 » by Nolan » Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:31 pm

SimonAdebisi wrote:I don't think so bro. When Duncan retires, Popovich is gone, and so is Parker. We're gonna have to cherish these next few years.

I really don't see Parker leaving with Duncan and Popovich he's still young and this will be his team.
@bruce_arthur "And finally, as a whore." RT @docfunk "Here is what LeBron looks like as a Knick, a Fireman, an Astronaut..."
LyMinh
Lead Assistant
And1: 9

Post#7 » by LyMinh » Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:29 am

He got what he deserved (0 championships)
McGrady2Head
Rookie
And1: 0

Post#8 » by McGrady2Head » Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:09 am

Parker ALWAYS dominates kidd. you wouldnt have won another title if you had kidd instead of parker
realfung
Assistant Coach
And1: 44

Post#9 » by realfung » Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:05 am

I think you don't complain about winning 4 of last 9 champions.
And rebuilding is a normal thing.

You still have Parker having 4-5 good years. Duncan probably can be a mentor for any big guys.
I think you guys just have to get some talents.

Return to San Antonio Spurs