Wizards trade idea for Jamison

Moderator: G R E Y

mhd
General Manager
And1: 1,448

Wizards trade idea for Jamison 

Post#1 » by mhd » Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:40 pm

Hey guys. I'm a Wizards fan (as well as a huge Duncan fan). I was wondering if a Jamison for Thomas+Bowen deal is anything SAS would consider.

Jamison would certainly fit in character wise. It is noted you guys may be gearing for a 2010 cap run, so maybe it isn't a good idea?
bishopospurs
Freshman
And1: 0

Re: Wizards trade idea for Jamison 

Post#2 » by bishopospurs » Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:58 pm

Good question. Jamison is a great player, old player, but a consistent 20-10 former all star. He has 3 years left on a 4 yr. 50 million dollar deal. I think he is playing better right now than Rasheed Wallace. Obviously the spurs would be giving cap space to the Wiz in return for a guy who looks like he would retire around the same time as Duncan.

I think that the spurs should see how the draft and free agency shakes out a little, if the spurs don't make any big moves a think they should definitely go for it. That is a tough decision, goes against youth/2010 cap room, but it would be real great to see Antwan in a Spurs Jersey.
The House David Robinson Built... Go Spurs Go!
Black_Jack21
Sixth Man
And1: 27

Post#3 » by Black_Jack21 » Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:48 am

Oh man where do we have to sign for that???
Spurs would pull the trigger on that trade no questions asked, the guy is a legit scorer who can play and defend multiple postions. If he retires around the same time as timmy we can worry about cap-space then, when we hit full rebuild mode. You'd have to think that adding Jamison would give us that scoring punch we need to seriously contend.
Fate rarely calls upon us at a time of our choosing

-Optimus Prime
wizardg
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4

Post#4 » by wizardg » Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:57 pm

mhd wrote:Hey guys. I'm a Wizards fan (as well as a huge Duncan fan). I was wondering if a Jamison for Thomas+Bowen deal is anything SAS would consider.

Jamison would certainly fit in character wise. It is noted you guys may be gearing for a 2010 cap run, so maybe it isn't a good idea?

I just came here to make that same post after looking at the Wiz's page.

This is a great move for the Spurs. Playing next to TD is maybe the best job in the NBA. Even the Lakers double Timmy with Gasol and Odom and leave oberto/the red rocket open. Bynum plays Tim head up.

TP has to be doubled a lot and TD still draws a lot of the attention. Jamison would get great looks.

This trade would insure that the only team in the west that could beat us is the Lakers and maybe not them depending of Gino's health and the rest of the off season

TD
AJ
??? Roger Mason?? Guess we still need and athletic 3 badly.
MG
TP
the big three becomes the big four.
I assume this trade would hinge on Wizards getting amare of another trade.
mhd
General Manager
And1: 1,448

Post#5 » by mhd » Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:16 pm

Yes, the motivation is after getting Amare. Assuming the Suns do not want the contract, then this would be a follow up trade after trading Blatche+#5+Etan (expiring)+James (expiring) for Amare.
co_laper
General Manager
And1: 331

Post#6 » by co_laper » Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:10 am

Hell yeah.. But EG will get blasted around the NBA for that much like how Chris Wallace does after trading Pau.
UDRIH14
General Manager
And1: 662

Post#7 » by UDRIH14 » Sun Jun 21, 2009 6:47 am

i prefer brenda haywood and blatche instead of jamison...

we need bangers down low who can defend and reb and 2nd chance points
the southern dandy
Analyst
And1: 1

Post#8 » by the southern dandy » Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:01 pm

tony parker 09 wrote:Oh man where do we have to sign for that???
Spurs would pull the trigger on that trade no questions asked, the guy is a legit scorer who can play and defend absolutely nothing. If he retires around the same time as timmy we can worry about cap-space then, when we hit full rebuild mode. You'd have to think that adding Jamison would give us that scoring punch we need to seriously contend.

Sorry just had to fix that one up.

His defense is regarded as one of the massive stumbling points beyond bad luck that the Wizards have. However, for the asking price in this situation we'd have to pull the trigger.
Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,611

Post#9 » by Nolan » Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:30 am

The price is right, but i'd rather make a move for a center or a small foward. We really don't Jamison but I wouldn't mind having him. Like i've said before we need good role players to suround the big three.
@bruce_arthur "And finally, as a whore." RT @docfunk "Here is what LeBron looks like as a Knick, a Fireman, an Astronaut..."
Black_Jack21
Sixth Man
And1: 27

Post#10 » by Black_Jack21 » Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:20 pm

the southern dandy wrote:
tony parker 09 wrote:Oh man where do we have to sign for that???
Spurs would pull the trigger on that trade no questions asked, the guy is a legit scorer who can play and defend absolutely nothing. If he retires around the same time as timmy we can worry about cap-space then, when we hit full rebuild mode. You'd have to think that adding Jamison would give us that scoring punch we need to seriously contend.

Sorry just had to fix that one up.

His defense is regarded as one of the massive stumbling points beyond bad luck that the Wizards have. However, for the asking price in this situation we'd have to pull the trigger.

Lol sorry my mistake, what I meant to say is that he appears in all the spots needed to defend multiple postions and looks like he should be able to, the actually defending part is a little beyond him, but hey he's not that much worse than Bonner.
Fate rarely calls upon us at a time of our choosing

-Optimus Prime
mikeblack
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#11 » by mikeblack » Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:56 am

I don't know. I like what they did with Richard Jefferson more. He's younger and plays good defense, too.
wizardg
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4

Post#12 » by wizardg » Thu Jul 2, 2009 3:18 am

mikeblack wrote:I don't know. I like what they did with Richard Jefferson more. He's younger and plays good defense, too.

me too

Return to San Antonio Spurs