3-way? Seattle/Memphis/Phoenix

The place to discuss the history of Seattle Supersonics Basketball.

Moderator: Cactus Jack

jlove_26
Sixth Man
And1: 12

3-way? Seattle/Memphis/Phoenix 

Post#1 » by jlove_26 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:21 am

Let me start off with the fact that I'm a major Suns fan that lives in Phoenix. I'm not a proponent for trading Amare, or Marion for that matter, however if the Suns are looking at either of those I'd prefer trading Marion, even though he is the biggest catalyst for this team other than Nash.

Yesterday on Extra Sports 910 here in Phoenix they talked about a trade being discussed between Memphis and Phoenix. They said the deal looked like this:

Amare/Diaw/Banks/Atlanta pick
for
Gasol/Miller/Warrick/Damon Stoudamire

If you look in the main trade board, you'll also see that I messed with a 3-way in the deal adding in Seattle.

Seattle gets: Gasol/Diaw/Warrick
Memphis gets: Amare/Banks/Szerbiak/Atl 1st
Suns get: Miller/Collison/Wilcox/Damon Stoudamire

You could roll out a line-up like this:
Watson/Ridnour
Durant/West
Green/Wilkins
Diaw/Warrick
Gasol/Thomas

This deal gets you an inside presence in Gasol that I think Durant and Green need to really be effective and take their games up another notch. It also gives you 2 great passing big men in Gasol and Diaw. Yes, I'm sure a lot of you will say Diaw is a shell of what he was 2 years ago, and for the most part I'll agree with that. However take a look at his production over the last 2-3 weeks. He is a very skilled big man that can hit all the way out to the 3, ala Durant, and his production on the boards is increasing all the time. He'd be a great mentor to Durant.
Yoshi2kx
Senior
And1: 5

Post#2 » by Yoshi2kx » Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:07 am

No wanty Gasolly
wiff
Head Coach
And1: 21

Post#3 » by wiff » Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:46 am

Your team gets worse with this trade.

And if Amare is going to be traded for that package why not reshape it and simply cut out Memphis.

Instead of
Suns get: Miller/Collison/Wilcox/Damon Stoudamire

Why not Wally Z, Wilcox, Collison

For Amare, Diaw and Banks?

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=2165~2167~1727~1978~831~1731&teams=25~25~25~21~21~21&te=&cash=
jlove_26
Sixth Man
And1: 12

Post#4 » by jlove_26 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:03 am

Cause we dont want Szerbiak
Silver Man
Starter
And1: 529

Post#5 » by Silver Man » Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:42 am

Your a Suns fan and you are ripping yourself off. Normally people make trades for their teams rip off the other teams.

Return to Seattle Supersonics Basketball