Kurt Thomas (raps fan)

The place to discuss the history of Seattle Supersonics Basketball.

Moderator: Cactus Jack

True Warrior Zo
Lead Assistant
And1: 4

Kurt Thomas (raps fan) 

Post#1 » by True Warrior Zo » Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:28 pm

i was wondering how attached you guys are to Kurt? Is your gm/owner looking to make deals at the deadline? Do you expect Kurt to re-sign at the end of the year? retire? Has he been a good role model for the young guys on your team?

I'm just curious because from far he looks like he would be a great fit in Toronto.

Thanks for all you help!
wiff
Head Coach
And1: 21

Post#2 » by wiff » Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:36 pm

To be honest I don't see the Raptors and the Sonics good trading partners.

You wouldn't want to give up what the Sonics need.
True Warrior Zo
Lead Assistant
And1: 4

Post#3 » by True Warrior Zo » Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:43 pm

yeah i pretty much figured that, it looks like you guys would be looking for an upgrade at point guard. And everyone knows that if i suggest anything like that the whole raps board will be here.

so how about we start over and strike out the first 2 questions i asked? Is kurt happy there, or just playing out his contract? look to first post for the other questions...
wiff
Head Coach
And1: 21

Post#4 » by wiff » Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:36 pm

I don't know if anyone is happy getting waxed practically every game.

I think Kurt will be wearing a different uni come trade deadline.
OzSonic
Starter
And1: 7

Post#5 » by OzSonic » Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:27 am

How about this one

Calderon and Nesterovic

for

Thomas and Damien Wilkins.

I'm sure we could throw in a late 2nd round pick as a sweetner. 8)

:lol: :rofl:
Det the Threat
Head Coach
And1: 369

Re: Kurt Thomas (raps fan) 

Post#6 » by Det the Threat » Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:50 pm

True Warrior Zo wrote:i was wondering how attached you guys are to Kurt? Is your gm/owner looking to make deals at the deadline? Do you expect Kurt to re-sign at the end of the year? retire? Has he been a good role model for the young guys on your team?

I'm just curious because from far he looks like he would be a great fit in Toronto.

Thanks for all you help!

1) We are very attached to Kurt, cause he(together with Collison) is our most consistant player on this team.

2) We are in year 1 of our rebuild and outside of Green, Durant, maybe Collison and our own draft pick there aren't any guys on this team, that are guaranteed to be with us long term. So yeah, we're definitely looking for trades.

3) I don't think that Kurt Thomas, being 36 when next season starts, will be back with a rebuilding team like us, when there are contenders out there just waiting to sign him for something that's most likely not all that much less $ then we would offer him.

4) Absolutely. Kurt Thomas is an ultimate pro and it's just great to have such a vet around our young guys.

OzSonic wrote:How about this one

Calderon and Nesterovic

for

Thomas and Damien Wilkins.

I'm sure we could throw in a late 2nd round pick as a sweetner. 8)

:lol: :rofl:

Are you insane???
Damien could score 40+ on any given night....
OzSonic
Starter
And1: 7

Re: Kurt Thomas (raps fan) 

Post#7 » by OzSonic » Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:22 pm

Det the Threat wrote:-= original quote snipped =-
Are you insane???
Damien could score 40+ on any given night....

Yes and we have seen that night. :wink:
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,615

Post#8 » by Mylie10 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:27 pm

I know you guys love Kurts professional attitude and he's been consistant for you, but you've only got 9 wins and he's not coming back next year.

I think the Sonics will be listening to all offers for him by the deadline. You can't have to many draft picks.

Being a Warriors fan I know that Mullin will be asking and hopefully we can do something that helps you guys.

It obviously has to be a give give situation, but holding onto Thomas is not relevant to your future. Getting something for him that helps your future is the way you should go.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Ex-hippie
Assistant Coach
And1: 0

Post#9 » by Ex-hippie » Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:33 pm

Mylie10 wrote:I know you guys love Kurts professional attitude and he's been consistant for you, but you've only got 9 wins and he's not coming back next year.

I agree. And we'd certainly be able to give Sam Presti accolades for (1) getting Thomas and two picks for a trade exception, then (2) trading Thomas for one pick and a trade exception. Three picks out of nowhere, for the price of paying Thomas's salary for 2/3 of a season and having his veteran presence for that time. That's some nice alchemy for you right there. But is GS a good fit?

Return to Seattle Supersonics Basketball