Game Thread: Sacramento Kings @ Seattle Supersonics

The place to discuss the history of Seattle Supersonics Basketball.

Moderator: Cactus Jack

What are you looking for in this one?

The Sonics offensive execution
40%
Squatsch's birthday party
60%

Total votes: 5

elbowthrower
Assistant Coach
And1: 1

Post#21 » by elbowthrower » Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:06 am

I went tonight. Got to sit courtside during warmups, which pretty much was the highlight of the evening.

Jeff Green was cool. Said "hi" to my kids as we took the seats, and was smiling the whole time. When my kids asked Durant for autographs, he didn't say a word. Just took the paper, signed it, and handed it back.

The game was generally ugly, though the ending was kind of exciting. Watson played worse than I could have imagined. Too much dribbling, late on the outlet passes during fast breaks, slow to rotate on D, bad shots. Just garbage.

Wilcox has some nice offensive moves but just doesn't defend. Not the guy you build around.

Despite his low stats, Collison played really well. It's the kind of stuff you don't see on TV- hustle, solid D, some key rebounds, screens. But he's a backup or 6th man at best. I think PJ has figured that out.

Green didn't do anything special other than play good, solid D.

Durant and Thomas have a nice high screen and roll working.

But our guards are just plain bad. They have to go. How the hell you can leave Martin unguarded in key situations- twice- is inexcusable, even for a "young" team.
djthesonicsfan
Lead Assistant
And1: 159

Post#22 » by djthesonicsfan » Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:56 pm

J Petro is just about the only bright spot. I had an epiphany earlier in the year he grew up into a K Thomas clone with that mid-range shot of his. Just maybe. Let's see if he can keep it going.

PJ needs to tell K Durant to keep the ball moving. He's settled into a bad habit of holding the ball. He's also got to consciously try to finish stronger. And he's taking too many shots. At the start of the game you could tell the Sonics purposefully tried to get J Green more involved. That fizzled out. And where are the passes into C Wilcox on the low block? K Durant needs to be able to look at the box score after the game & see a more even distribution of shots. He can't be the guy taking 20 when the next highest guy got 9. He'll learn, if PJ bothers to teach him, that he'll get better shots, have a higher percentage, if his teammates get more shots because the defenses won't be loading up on him so much.

L Ridnour sucked horribly last night. He looked liked some big kid just called him a bad name and he was sulking about it. Toughen up, dude. Notice who played the 4th quarter this game. It was Earl I hold the ball forever Watson. That's not good for anyone. But it's better than Luke I'm a sulking baby Ridnour.

N Collison is a solid basketball player.

The Sonics probably won't win a game the entire month of January. I started the year out praying for a miracle at 3 wins.
Relientk101
Analyst
And1: 0

Post#23 » by Relientk101 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:01 pm

this was the first game I attended all year.
Surprisingly it was a damn good time (minus the loss). The fans were great considering how terrible our team is.

Brad Miller is still the biggest b*tch in the league.

Return to Seattle Supersonics Basketball