If Sonic with the #1 pick over all selected.....

The place to discuss the history of Seattle Supersonics Basketball.

Moderator: Cactus Jack

HeavyP
Starter
And1: 0

Post#21 » by HeavyP » Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:40 pm

I'm a big Beasley fan as well. If Rose goes #1, I wonder if anyone would give up a lottery pick for Jeff Green. I'm a huge Jeff Green fan but if a
Beasley is there you don't pass on that opprotunity. I'm wondering if someone in the top 7 would trade us there pick for Green + 2nd rounder. Would New York do that if they were pick #6?
TheUrbanZealot
Junior
And1: 4

Post#22 » by TheUrbanZealot » Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:18 pm

It's either Rose, Beasley, or bust, I say...

If we get 3-5, we trade down. Mayo, Gordon, Bayless are all relatively similar. Mayo has the most talent, but the biggest attitude problem. Gordon is the most NBA ready, but he is undersized. Bayless is probably the most steady, but he's more of a scoring guard.

To those of you who haven't seen Beasley, this guy is the REAL DEAL. He backs up everything he says. To have him as a scoring, athletic 4 would be devastating. You could even put him at the 3. Imagine Durant at the 2 and Beasley at the 3. Or, Durant at the 2, Green at the 3, and Beasley at the 4. There is some serious athletic talent there.

We need someone that can create his own opportunities anyways. Durant really isn't the type that is completely comfortable creating his own shot. Beasley sure is though, and he has edge. We NEED that...
Downtown
Head Coach
And1: 577

Post#23 » by Downtown » Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:35 pm

Rose is the safe pick if Seattle got the #1 pick.

If Seattle ends up at #2 and Rose is picked already? That's an easy one. Michael Beasley. As much as I know Seattle needs a big upgrade at the point, Beasley is a stud player who will step right in and make an impact in the NBA.

I pick him with a huge smile on my face. The options would be plenty. Durant at shooting guard, with Beasley at small forward, Collison at power forward, with Green playing both forward positions as the sixth man.

Or Durant at SG, Green at SF, Beasley at PF, and Collison at C.

Presti then has to make a move to trade for a mid teens pick and select DJ Augustin at the point.

Durant, Beasley, Green, Augustin, Collison. Shuffle them anyway you like.
Dick Tate
Veteran
And1: 2,156

Post#24 » by Dick Tate » Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:07 pm

TheUrbanZealot wrote:If we get 3-5, we trade down.

That sounds like it would be rather anticlimactic for the pro-tankers.
Oh well, I guess we can always give it another go next season.
Joel Embust
Head Coach
And1: 3,055

Post#25 » by Joel Embust » Fri Feb 1, 2008 5:11 am

TheUrbanZealot wrote:Imagine Durant at the 2 and Beasley at the 3. Or, Durant at the 2, Green at the 3, and Beasley at the 4. There is some serious athletic talent there.

That would be an intriguing trio, but it would require Luke to be our starting point. There aren't a lot of point guards available with Luke's ballhandling and passing skills and I don't want the Sonics to become the Atlanta Hawks of the west.

Return to Seattle Supersonics Basketball