Ex-Sonic Nick Collison retires at 37

The place to discuss the history of Seattle Supersonics Basketball.

Moderators: Sweezo, bennith13

TheBomb81
Senior
And1: 20

Ex-Sonic Nick Collison retires at 37 

Post#1 » by TheBomb81 » Thu May 10, 2018 11:04 pm

What are your memories of Nick during his years in Seattle before him and the team left for OKC?
Cactus Jack
RealGM
And1: 5,613

Re: Ex-Sonic Nick Collison retires at 37 

Post#2 » by Cactus Jack » Fri May 11, 2018 5:09 am

Good. I believe he was the last remaining player on that team that played here. I always liked him. It was hard to root against the guy. But, anyone who put on that jersey (Thunder) made it easy to do so.

I hope he makes a clean break from that Franchise. It will make it easier to root for him in the future. :wink:
Thundershock88 wrote:Yawn. I couldn't have any less interest in the NBA at this point. Wake me up in 10 years.

TommyPoints wrote:Bring back the Sonics!
Cactus Jack
RealGM
And1: 5,613

Re: Ex-Sonic Nick Collison retires at 37 

Post#3 » by Cactus Jack » Sat May 12, 2018 8:32 am

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23453677/oklahoma-city-thunder-nick-collison-retiring-competitive-basketball

Nick on his time in Seattle...

KeyArena was loud and the city was with us -- I absolutely loved it. I love Seattle, and I've spent every summer there since I was drafted. I loved being a SuperSonic, and hate how it ended there. I had four coaches in my five years, and then Howard Schultz sold the team to Clay Bennett.

The fans knew we were gone. They stopped coming, and I don't blame them.

Our last season in Seattle we were 20-62, and there was a lawsuit after it to hold the team to its arena lease. But after the mayor took a settlement, we were moving to Oklahoma.

I learned an important lesson: The NBA is a business and all the parties involved will always act in their own best interests. The fans in Seattle deserved better, and I hope they get a team back someday soon.
Thundershock88 wrote:Yawn. I couldn't have any less interest in the NBA at this point. Wake me up in 10 years.

TommyPoints wrote:Bring back the Sonics!

Return to Seattle Supersonics Basketball