Question about The 75mil deal seattle accepted

The place to discuss the history of Seattle Supersonics Basketball.
theagent
General Manager
And1: 497

Question about The 75mil deal seattle accepted 

Post#1 » by theagent » Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:03 am

Seattle got 45 mil upfront but did the city ever get the additional 30mil if the city never got a franchise? I heard something about the state legislature had something to do with it
Cactus Jack
RealGM
And1: 9,868

Re: Question about The 75mil deal seattle accepted 

Post#2 » by Cactus Jack » Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:34 pm

theagent wrote:Seattle got 45 mil upfront but did the city ever get the additional 30mil if the city never got a franchise? I heard something about the state legislature had something to do with it

Nope. The city basically got the $45 million upfront to pay off the lease. That's it.

Seattle led by the mayor royally f'd up with agreeing to the settlement. The city was never going to see that money. :roll:
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over

Sgt Major wrote:So their arena will be called Krakhouse and the fans Krakheads?

CrimsonCrew wrote:Russell Wilson is going to tear us apart if we play this way against him. He'll hang in and kill us deep.
Det the Threat
Head Coach
And1: 329

Re: Question about The 75mil deal seattle accepted 

Post#3 » by Det the Threat » Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:08 pm

theagent wrote:Seattle got 45 mil upfront but did the city ever get the additional 30mil if the city never got a franchise? I heard something about the state legislature had something to do with it

Those extra $30 mil required a fully funded arena plan signed by the city/state within a year or so after the team left.

That was never going to happen and just some "nice wording" to make the politicians look a little bit better.

Return to Seattle Supersonics Basketball