The moment Seattle gets a basketball team again..

The place to discuss the history of Seattle Supersonics Basketball.

Moderator: Cactus Jack

FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 15,399

Re: The moment Seattle gets a basketball team again.. 

Post#21 » by FNQ » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:14 pm

Sonics will always be my 1B team... moved to Seattle when I was 10 and when I moved to CA I worked in the neighborhood of Gary Payton Sr, who gave my whole NorCal basketball team those fugly Glove shoes (but were awesome back in the day) for free.. always gave me Sonics swag and brought a bunch of us into his home to practice. Got to meet Nate McMillan, Ricky Pierce, Detlef Schrempf and the BrickHouse-skee..

I can't wait for them to get a team again. I was so pumped when they were going to take the Sacto franchise but Vivek decided to ruin that and then the team.. oh well. I kinda prefer if Sonics were built through an expansion draft anyways.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 10,726

Post#22 » by Cactus Jack » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:11 am

FNQ wrote:Sonics will always be my 1B team... moved to Seattle when I was 10 and when I moved to CA I worked in the neighborhood of Gary Payton Sr, who gave my whole NorCal basketball team those fugly Glove shoes (but were awesome back in the day) for free.. always gave me Sonics swag and brought a bunch of us into his home to practice. Got to meet Nate McMillan, Ricky Pierce, Detlef Schrempf and the BrickHouse-skee..

I can't wait for them to get a team again. I was so pumped when they were going to take the Sacto franchise but Vivek decided to ruin that and then the team.. oh well. I kinda prefer if Sonics were built through an expansion draft anyways.

Always good to see the love from other fan bases.

Myself & I'm sure a lot of Seattle/Sonic's fans jumped on the Warriors bandwagon when KD came aboard. I actually jumped on during the WCF last year. Watching OKC lose that series was beyond gratifying. :wink:
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
DoItALL9
Assistant Coach
And1: 920

Post#23 » by DoItALL9 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:54 pm

Scratching out the logistics of moving a team so quickly... Is there a bigger legacy move for LeBron than saying to Ballmer, "move the team to Seattle and I'll come play for your franchise next summer."
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 15,399

Post#24 » by FNQ » Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:08 pm

They are my 1B as well, thanks to Gary Payton and Gary Payton Sr, my old AAU coach
SnoopDub
Sophomore
And1: 173

Post#25 » by SnoopDub » Sat Mar 13, 2021 2:14 pm

I miss you Seattle Sonics. :cry:

Good franchise, good logo, good fans and good uniforms.

Please comeback :cry:
GREY 1769
Forum Mod - Spurs
Forum Mod - Spurs
And1: 17,515

Post#26 » by GREY 1769 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:07 pm

While we're waiting for the Sonics to make their long desired return, Seattle native Dejounte Murray has a new iconic Sonics-inspired colour sneakers:

Read on Twitter

For your consideration :D
ImageImageImageImage
The Spurs Way
Thinking of you, Pop :hug:
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 1,924

Post#27 » by cdubbz » Sun May 2, 2021 3:24 am

Cities which have an NBA team that I think shouldn’t: Sacramento, New Orleans, Los Angeles shouldn’t have the Clippers.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.

Return to Seattle Supersonics Basketball