Climate Pledge Arena

The place to discuss the history of Seattle Supersonics Basketball.

Moderator: Cactus Jack

User avatar
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Posts: 21,582
And1: 11,306
Joined: Feb 25, 2015
Location: Release the Kraken!
     

Re: Climate Pledge Arena (updates) 

Post#1 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Jun 28, 2021 6:00 am

Image
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
MarxyLebronist
Senior
Posts: 686
And1: 329
Joined: Nov 30, 2020

Re: Climate Pledge Arena (updates) 

Post#2 » by MarxyLebronist » Sat Jul 3, 2021 6:01 pm

Came here specifically to rave about this arena. Would absolutely make multi-state pilgrimage to catch NBA game there once a team is back in SEA. Just gorgeous. Friend was recently there, amazed. Got their Kraken gear lol.
User avatar
theagent
General Manager
Posts: 8,344
And1: 503
Joined: Feb 25, 2002
Location: "All the pieces matter" - Lester Freamon

Re: Climate Pledge Arena (updates) 

Post#3 » by theagent » Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:10 pm

It's basically a smaller limited west version of Fiserv Forum with a gaudy roof
cdubbz
RealGM
Posts: 11,789
And1: 2,033
Joined: May 05, 2005
Location: Oakland
 

Re: Climate Pledge Arena (updates) 

Post#4 » by cdubbz » Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:31 pm

MarxyLebronist wrote:Came here specifically to rave about this arena. Would absolutely make multi-state pilgrimage to catch NBA game there once a team is back in SEA. Just gorgeous. Friend was recently there, amazed. Got their Kraken gear lol.


I'm not particularly an NHL fan and followed the San Jose Sharks slightly for a season or two, but I am interested in becoming a Kraken fan and starting my NHL fandom. Tickets to the games are obviously extremely expensive for the inaugural season ($150+), but I hope to catch at least one game.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
User avatar
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Posts: 21,582
And1: 11,306
Joined: Feb 25, 2015
Location: Release the Kraken!
     

Re: Climate Pledge Arena 

Post#5 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:31 pm

Image

Image
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
User avatar
theagent
General Manager
Posts: 8,344
And1: 503
Joined: Feb 25, 2002
Location: "All the pieces matter" - Lester Freamon

Re: Climate Pledge Arena 

Post#6 » by theagent » Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:47 am

^^^^ those scoreboards look nice but that roof really limited what should have been a better seating bowl. hopefully the Sonics will be back someday

where did you get the pics???
UtahJazzFan88
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,767
And1: 2,564
Joined: Mar 21, 2011
     

Re: Climate Pledge Arena 

Post#7 » by UtahJazzFan88 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:50 pm

Why can’t they just trade the Kraken to New Orleans in exchange for the Pelicans? Guess that’s not how business works but it kinda makes sense to me lol?

Of course I’m sure the New Orleans basketball fans would love to steal the Jazz back, so.

Just curious how much fan support New Orleans actually gets. Seems like a good hockey town and New Orleans Kraken sounds cool lol. Maybe I’m ridiculous but Sonics basketball >>> Kraken hockey.

Just not a fan of diluting the NBA and NHL more than it already is.
User avatar
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Posts: 21,582
And1: 11,306
Joined: Feb 25, 2015
Location: Release the Kraken!
     

Re: Climate Pledge Arena 

Post#8 » by Cactus Jack » Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:58 pm

UtahJazzFan88 wrote:Why can’t they just trade the Kraken to New Orleans in exchange for the Pelicans? Guess that’s not how business works but it kinda makes sense to me lol?

Of course I’m sure the New Orleans basketball fans would love to steal the Jazz back, so.

Just curious how much fan support New Orleans actually gets. Seems like a good hockey town and New Orleans Kraken sounds cool lol. Maybe I’m ridiculous but Sonics basketball >>> Kraken hockey.

Just not a fan of diluting the NBA and NHL more than it already is.

Hey, some of us like Hockey! :wink:

New Orleans can keep their basketball team.

If the NBA decides to expand, then Seattle will get a team. No need to sacrifice one for the other here!

The NBA will be back. But in the meantime, Seattle is a Hockey town!
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
UtahJazzFan88
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,767
And1: 2,564
Joined: Mar 21, 2011
     

Re: Climate Pledge Arena 

Post#9 » by UtahJazzFan88 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:22 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
UtahJazzFan88 wrote:Why can’t they just trade the Kraken to New Orleans in exchange for the Pelicans? Guess that’s not how business works but it kinda makes sense to me lol?

Of course I’m sure the New Orleans basketball fans would love to steal the Jazz back, so.

Just curious how much fan support New Orleans actually gets. Seems like a good hockey town and New Orleans Kraken sounds cool lol. Maybe I’m ridiculous but Sonics basketball >>> Kraken hockey.

Just not a fan of diluting the NBA and NHL more than it already is.

Hey, some of us like Hockey! :wink:

New Orleans can keep their basketball team.

If the NBA decides to expand, then Seattle will get a team. No need to sacrifice one for the other here!

The NBA will be back. But in the meantime, Seattle is a Hockey town!


I’m just not a fan of diluting the NBA product and think maybe they should just do 31 teams if they’re set on expansion. I personally do not see why they need to expand to 32 myself but that’s just me.

Seattle Kraken seem like a good rival for the Avs fans to go check out lol.
User avatar
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Posts: 21,582
And1: 11,306
Joined: Feb 25, 2015
Location: Release the Kraken!
     

Re: Climate Pledge Arena 

Post#10 » by Cactus Jack » Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:38 am

Read on Twitter


Image
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over

Return to Seattle Supersonics Basketball