Anyone still here?

The place to discuss the history of Seattle Supersonics Basketball.

Moderator: Cactus Jack

Det the Threat
Head Coach
And1: 354

Re: Anyone still here? 

Post#61 » by Det the Threat » Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:19 am

Cactus Jack wrote:Well forget about the Buck's moving. Just like we all suspected, they passed a deal.

Well, as expected the threat of losing the team has the politicians in Milwaukee/Wisconsin signing off on a deal to keep the Bucks.

Now it's put up or shut up time for the NBA, regarding Seattle.
Either give us an expansion within a short time or just GTFO and never bother coming back.
I'm sick and tired of being used as Leverage City for their attempts to solve arenas and leases for them.
jenn_gp
Head Coach
And1: 6

Where's My Peeps? 

Post#62 » by jenn_gp » Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:29 pm

I miss the days when our board (and team for that matter) was booming. I haven't posted here in awhile out of frustration. Chris Hansen is the man with the ability to save this town and bring our team back. He's offered everything the city has asked for and then some. However, the city continues to treat him like he's got rabies...
OVG isn't the answer IMO. They are mega focused on refurbishing the Key for concert events. I don't see them making it a priority we get the Sonics back. Maybe someone here can sway my opinion. I just get bad vibes from Liewieke. Not to mention the traffic mess that comes with trying to get onto Mercer. I'm a South Sounder--before the Sonics left it was taking me anywhere almost and hour to an hour and a half to get to a game. Can't imagine what it would be like now.
I just want to see my Sonics back so I can introduce my son Payton to professional basketball, the history of the team, and who he got his name after.
I know I have most of you on my Facebook, but I just wanted to check to see if any of you still lurk around on here. Can't wait to share a beer with you all on opening night when our team comes back...and I'm not even a beer drinker! :lol:
I also wanted to see if there are any new folks around here who I haven't met in my absence. Nice to meet you if that's the case.
OzSonic
Starter
And1: 7

Re: Where's My Peeps? 

Post#63 » by OzSonic » Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:35 am

First time I've visited in months Jenn but see you guys on Facebook a bit anyway.

I've only got a glimmer of hope left they'll come back. :banghead:
Downtown
Head Coach
And1: 577

Re: Where's My Peeps? 

Post#64 » by Downtown » Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:35 am

I'm still around Jenn.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,425

Re: Where did all of the Sonics fans go? 

Post#65 » by Cactus Jack » Wed May 19, 2021 7:35 pm

Some of us never left.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,425

Post#66 » by Cactus Jack » Thu May 20, 2021 1:56 am

Dick Tate wrote:...

I've seen you poke your head in the forum before.

Welcome back!
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
Dick Tate
Starter
And1: 1,848

Post#67 » by Dick Tate » Thu May 20, 2021 4:59 pm

ATTL
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,482

Post#68 » by ATTL » Fri Jul 9, 2021 8:51 pm

I've been using a Sonics flare for the past few years to show support.
Absolutely terrible taking the Sonics from seattle. I wont speak ill of the dead but someone allowed it to happen and it needs to be fixed.
Hopefully the sonics will be back within the next couple years, expansion noise seems to be growing more than it was 5 years ago. the league has enough good players to make another 2 teams work.
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,824

Post#69 » by cdubbz » Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:32 pm

Hello!

I'll be more active on this forum. Moved to Seattle last October and looking to take part in sports teams here.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.

Return to Seattle Supersonics Basketball