Freshen Up the Logo?

The place to discuss the history of Seattle Supersonics Basketball.

Moderator: Cactus Jack

Sonics7996
Ballboy
And1: 0

Re: Freshen Up the Logo? 

Post#21 » by Sonics7996 » Fri Feb 8, 2013 7:49 pm

I really hope they bring back the 1995-2001 logo with the space needle and put a modern twist on those uniforms because thats what the Sonics wore when I was a kid and first started following the NBA and the teams of that era with Shawn Kemp, Gary Payton, Hersey Hawkins, Detlef, Big Smooth, Brent Barry, Ruben Patterson, etc were so fun to watch and that was what I grew up watching and is what made me a Sonics fan for life.
andreaguiar
Head Coach
And1: 2

Post#22 » by andreaguiar » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:59 pm

Sonics7996 wrote:I really hope they bring back the 1995-2001 logo with the space needle and put a modern twist on those uniforms because thats what the Sonics wore when I was a kid and first started following the NBA and the teams of that era with Shawn Kemp, Gary Payton, Hersey Hawkins, Detlef, Big Smooth, Brent Barry, Ruben Patterson, etc were so fun to watch and that was what I grew up watching and is what made me a Sonics fan for life.

Love this logo: Image
It would be like the Sonics never left....BUT I just LOVE this one with the arch on the back:

Somebody is already working on the jerseys:
andreaguiar
Head Coach
And1: 2

Post#23 » by andreaguiar » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:25 am

Another thing. Really love those GSW jerseys: Image

If we could do something like this with out own city logo, would be just as cool...one white, one green and one yellow:

markdeez33
RealGM
And1: 2,192

Post#24 » by markdeez33 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:18 pm

You guys should go with the 75 logo!!!

And as far as jerseys, I prefer the late 80s/early 90s jerseys that Gary Payton popularized
mohammed10
Assistant Coach
And1: 155

Post#25 » by mohammed10 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:30 am

markdeez33 wrote:You guys should go with the 75 logo!!!

And as far as jerseys, I prefer the late 80s/early 90s jerseys that Gary Payton popularized

+1...definitely say go old school
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds’ worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that’s in it,
And—which is more—you’ll be a Man, my son!

'If' - by Rudyard Kipling
SHAQFORMVP
Banned User
And1: 20

Post#26 » by SHAQFORMVP » Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:06 pm

mohammed10 wrote:
markdeez33 wrote:You guys should go with the 75 logo!!!

+1...definitely say go old school

I agree :)
Starkiller
Assistant Coach
And1: 269

Post#27 » by Starkiller » Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:37 pm

I would like to see the old logo, but modify the colors a bit and go with what the Seahawks are doing, the navy, silver, and volt green. That's be some colors not seen in the NBA, still have the old school logo, with new era colors.
This ^
Stolen Team Fan
Bench Warmer
And1: 48

Post#28 » by Stolen Team Fan » Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:35 am

I like what Starkiller said about the colors. I never liked the yellow in the logo. So here's an idea that I mashed up from everybody else's suggestions:

1. round simple logo (thank you andreaguiar for the round logo)
2. vaguely updated font, but not too modernistic
3. colors are changed to match better with the other Seattle teams. I took the Seahawks' green and the Mariners' silver

Just some Grade-A 0/10 work from me. I suck at PS. 8-)
I move around so much, I've just decided to start rooting for everybody.
Except the Heat.
Jstock12
RealGM
And1: 17,273

Post#29 » by Jstock12 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:20 pm

Made this a while ago, when it looked like Seattle was getting the Kings.

Mobby
Analyst
And1: 424

Post#30 » by Mobby » Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:55 am

Jstock12 wrote:Made this a while ago, when it looked like Seattle was getting the Kings.

Not sure what this shape is called, but I really like the idea of using it as a logo. It's bold. And the whole feel of the presentation looks very sophisticated and elegant. The camouflaged Space Needle is a bit difficult to see at first, but it's a cool surprise once you make it out -- kinda like that "ahh-ohhhhh!" moment when you notice the Fedex arrow.
MeestR
Analyst
And1: 429

Post#31 » by MeestR » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:35 pm

if Seattle ever gets their team back, they should go with a similar color scheme to the Sounders and Seahawks. But with the skyline incorporated, of course.
toughtrasher
Freshman
And1: 16

The moment Seattle gets a basketball team again.. 

Post#32 » by toughtrasher » Mon May 5, 2014 3:33 am

I will jump on that bandwagon ASAP. Love the city of Seattle.

Became a Seahawks fan at the beginning of the season (call me a bandwagon and whatnot but I also just began watching football this season too), and have visited the city a couple of times.

Anyone else? :D
Air Jordan Retro 11 Gamma Blue review.

Funny #Division6Bound basketball tweets: @Div6Bound
Ballislife.org: Destination for all things NBA, college ball, and basketball gear (shoe pics and reviews etc)
NekiEcko
Bench Warmer
And1: 336

Re: The moment Seattle gets a basketball team again.. 

Post#33 » by NekiEcko » Mon May 5, 2014 3:34 pm

Yep, I will jump on the bandwagon as team 1B (Hawks will be always 1A). Like I always say that NBA doesnt feel right without Seattle in it.
Ryen
Banned User
And1: 6

Post#34 » by Ryen » Mon May 5, 2014 6:31 pm

I personally think the clippers if bought by the right people might move to seattle, but this what I think will happen in the next 5 to 10 years, there will be an expansion, with seattle coming back, and there is a small city with a huge fan base looking for a basketball team again, Kansas City, So I look for Adam silver to do what Stern wouldn't expand nba and bring back seattle along with bringing back a team in Kansas City, but that is just my opinion
Hogified05
Rookie
And1: 498

Post#35 » by Hogified05 » Wed May 14, 2014 5:22 am

No bandwagon for me. I will always be a Magic fan first and foremost, but Seattle was always my west team. Bring the Sonics back!
The hero Orlando deserves is out there somewhere, Dwight was not the one we needed. So we will hunt for him...
Jakay
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,904

Post#36 » by Jakay » Fri May 23, 2014 9:31 am

The second Vancouver gets a team, it's on.
NekiEcko
Bench Warmer
And1: 336

Post#37 » by NekiEcko » Fri May 23, 2014 5:58 pm

Ryen wrote:I personally think the clippers if bought by the right people might move to seattle, but this what I think will happen in the next 5 to 10 years, there will be an expansion, with seattle coming back, and there is a small city with a huge fan base looking for a basketball team again, Kansas City, So I look for Adam silver to do what Stern wouldn't expand nba and bring back seattle along with bringing back a team in Kansas City, but that is just my opinion

But the question will be after 5 - 10 years (it will be actually 13 - 16 years), would the NBA would be welcome back to Seattle, after all the pain the NBA did to them and NHL knocking on the door, I believe that interest would tamper off completely.
slicedbread2
Analyst
And1: 2,714

Post#38 » by slicedbread2 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:38 pm

NekiEcko wrote:
Ryen wrote:I personally think the clippers if bought by the right people might move to seattle, but this what I think will happen in the next 5 to 10 years, there will be an expansion, with seattle coming back, and there is a small city with a huge fan base looking for a basketball team again, Kansas City, So I look for Adam silver to do what Stern wouldn't expand nba and bring back seattle along with bringing back a team in Kansas City, but that is just my opinion

But the question will be after 5 - 10 years (it will be actually 13 - 16 years), would the NBA would be welcome back to Seattle, after all the pain the NBA did to them and NHL knocking on the door, I believe that interest would tamper off completely.

I think that would be a possibility plus the NBA really screwed up with Seattle badly. Stern handled it poorly plus I'm doubtful that they will expand. I mean look at the talent in the league and the fact that you have a lot of teams that can't or won't field competitive teams. Sadly, the only way a city like Seattle will get a team is through relocation.
Joel Embust
Head Coach
And1: 3,055

Post#39 » by Joel Embust » Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:45 pm

I won't buy NBA2K until the Sonics are back with a new team.
Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 36

Post#40 » by Sweezo » Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:29 pm

Eleqtrique wrote:I won't buy NBA2K until the Sonics are back with a new team.

Ahhh, but I bought the last NBA2K game and made the '96 Sonics a franchise while getting rid of the Thunder. I also grabbed Durant/Ray Allen/Rashard Lewis and made a team of Sonics legends. It was fun.

Return to Seattle Supersonics Basketball