Welcome!

The place to discuss the history of Seattle Supersonics Basketball.

Moderator: Cactus Jack

Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,441

Welcome! 

Post#1 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Feb 8, 2021 10:39 pm

This is the official forum for Sonics fans!

If you're new to the forum then make sure to leave a comment.

Cheers! :beer:
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
theagent
General Manager
And1: 508

Re: OT: General OT Thread 

Post#2 » by theagent » Tue Feb 9, 2021 10:57 pm

i'm actually a chicago native and Bulls fan BUT....always was intrigued by Seattle and thought the 95-96 Sonics were a kick ass team that gave that Bulls team a heck of a fight in the finals. so naturally, i was a bit miffed at how the Sonics just vanished from seattle only to land in OKC of all places. did some research and watched "sonicsgate [director's cut]" on youtube and thought not only was it a great chronicle of sonics history but an obvious example of greed and corruption at the expense of nba fans. so i'm just a fan of seattle getting an nba team back. i wasn't sold on the climate pledge arena project but after looking at how other nba facilities (i.e. ATL, GS, MN etc) are following the model of reducing bowl seating to incorporate more retail/restaurant space, indoor protections and larger club observation suites it may be exactly what's needed to bring bball to seattle.

on another note, Chris Hansen seems like a good guy, big bball fan and all. his sodo arena looked great but perhaps he should sell all that property he bought, go to the nba hat in hand with his other partners and try to land a team in Vegas or.....Mexico City. you will need another team along with the sonics to ballance an even number of nba teams.
RoundMoundOfRebound
RealGM
And1: 13,403

Re: OT: General OT Thread 

Post#3 » by RoundMoundOfRebound » Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:55 am

Originally from Chicago, Bulls fan. But lived in Seattle among many other places.

The Glove and The Reign Man'style of play captivated my interest. Payton's defensive prowess and Kemp putting the Power in Power forward. They would not back down from anyone.

The Lister Blister is one of my all time favorite plays. Alton still has nightmares.

Now that Cactus Jack is a mod. Silver better get with the program and bring the Sonics back to Seattle.

Spud2nique
General Manager
And1: 5,135

Hey Seattle fans 

Post#4 » by Spud2nique » Sun Feb 28, 2021 3:58 am

I’ve been a Hawks fan for nearly 36 years but if I ever were to pick a team throughout all these years other than the Hawks to like it would be you guys. Loved GP and Kemp, Dana Barros, Detlef, Mckey Cage and everyone in between. Always had great love for the SuperSonics and hoping you are next in line to get a franchise.

There is no way that the city of Seattle should not have NBA basketball.

Seattle>Oklahoma city ALL DAY EVERYDAY!

Here’s hoping you get back sooner than later!

Cheers!

OT: The women in your city are crazy underrated as far as being fine! :nod: Seattle>LA for me in this department as well. :lol:
rand
Starter
And1: 3,159

Re: Welcome Back! 

Post#5 » by rand » Thu Feb 3, 2022 12:38 pm

I have a Sonics t-shirt that I bought 10 years ago out of solidarity with Seattle fans. The only other team I've ever bought any NBA gear for is my home market (just two t-shirts).

NBA has to return to Seattle before this decade is over, sooner the better.

Return to Seattle Supersonics Basketball