OT Wazzu vs Zona

The place to discuss the history of Seattle Supersonics Basketball.

Moderator: Cactus Jack

wiff
Head Coach
And1: 21

OT Wazzu vs Zona 

Post#1 » by wiff » Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:23 am

I posted this here because This game does quite possibly have Sonic implications.

Both Zona's Jerryd Bayless and WSU's Kyle Weaver could be wearing a Sonics uniform last night and we have a chance to catch them on FOX Sports NW tonight at 5:30.

So if the Sonics don't get Derrick Rose we can take a look at Bayless tonight.
Monkeyfeng06
Banned User
And1: 6

Post#2 » by Monkeyfeng06 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:33 am

zona will get murdered.
Argyle
Senior
And1: 0

Post#3 » by Argyle » Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:52 am

I don't see anybody but UCLA beating the cougs this year in conference play.

Cougs 64 - Cats 54

Weaver falls into the 2nd round and lands in a Sonics jersey.
Big_Mac79
Sixth Man
And1: 2

Post#4 » by Big_Mac79 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:24 am

Go Cougs
sonic-ben
Bench Warmer

Post#5 » by sonic-ben » Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:54 am

does it need saying....
Go cougs
HeavyP
Starter

Post#6 » by HeavyP » Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:48 am

I'm surprised how many cougs are on this board, I'll never root for them. Last week when they were playing Oregon I was just hoping for injuries across the board for both teams. If either team won it was a negative. :dontknow:
Det the Threat
Head Coach
And1: 369

Post#7 » by Det the Threat » Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:16 am

Zona just beat WSU by 12, with Bayless scoring 23 and Budinger adding 22.

Did Zona dominate this one, or was it closer then the box score(which is what i only have) indicates?
Frozenropers
Junior

Post#8 » by Frozenropers » Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:55 am

I only saw the last 6 minutes of the game....but I'm a big Bayless fan as an alternative to winning the Rose sweepstakes. For some reason, Bayless reminds me a big of Chris Paul when he's handling the ball. Bayless would be coming out with a better outside shot.....but he's not getting quite as much run at the PG, with Nic Wise on the roster.

Bayless still seems to be very good with the ball when he handles it though...........He might be a bit of a mix between CP3 and Deron Williams when he gets to the NBA.
MrNate
Sophomore

Post#9 » by MrNate » Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:31 am

HeavyP wrote:I'm surprised how many cougs are on this board, I'll never root for them. Last week when they were playing Oregon I was just hoping for injuries across the board for both teams. If either team won it was a negative. :dontknow:

Very classy of you...

Anyway, it was not really a close game in the second half, Cougs defensive rotation looked a little slow tonight which led to a lot of open 3s for Arizona. They shot 57% from 3 point range, and cruised to an easy win. Look for the cougs to rebound against Arizona State though, and a great game between the Huskies and Wildcats this Saturday!
HeavyP
Starter

Post#10 » by HeavyP » Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:47 am

I should have mentioned that I have an absolute man crush on Kyle Weaver. That guy is the reason I've watched every coug game so far this year that's been on TV. ;)
wiff
Head Coach

Post#11 » by wiff » Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:55 pm

Budinger is a possible Sonic too if his stock is lower first round.

That guy is as good of an athlete as anyone in the country.

I think due to his hops he might be closer to the top.

I went to a jr high basketball game and missed most of the first half but at half it was close. Just two or three points.

Second half Zona came out and hit 6 for 7 at one point maybe even 7 for 8 and a handfull of those were three's to give them about a ten point lead.

I watched a good chunk of the second half to see Bayless, but I watch enough of my teams losing with the Sonics I can't subject myself to watch my third favorite hoop team to get blown out.

Sonics

Zags

Cougs

By the way Zags vs freakin Memphis ESPN 9:00am tomorrow.

A chance to see Derrick Rose against Jeremy Pargo. I think the Zags have a decent shot for an upset. Most of their out of conference games were without Josh Heytvelt and Steven Gray two of their best five players.
Det the Threat
Head Coach

Post#12 » by Det the Threat » Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:09 pm

wiff wrote:By the way Zags vs freakin Memphis ESPN 9:00am tomorrow.

A chance to see Derrick Rose against Jeremy Pargo. I think the Zags have a decent shot for an upset. Most of their out of conference games were without Josh Heytvelt and Steven Gray two of their best five players.

Hell yeah, i'm going to be able to watch it over here in Germany on NASN. :D
I think we'll give them all they can handle and there's even a shot at an upset, if we get enough production out of Heytvelt.
wiff
Head Coach

Post#13 » by wiff » Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:38 pm

Hey Det the Grizz forum has a Memphis Tigers thread. I just gave them my 2 cents on the game.

I seriously think that if Memphis doesn't play their best ball the Zags will beat them. The Tigers play in a conference much like the Zags, weak.

Zags started this season without Josh Heytvelt and Steven Gray two of their best five guys due to broken bones, but still had a decent record. Now with these guys back it looks like they fit into the rotations pretty seemlessly.

I can't freakin wait to see the Derrick Rose and Jeremy Pargo match up.

I think this game both teams will flirt with 100 points.

I love Austin Daye too. He's in a similiar role to Marvin Williams when he was at UNC being the 6th man but a key player on the team.

This is going to be a great game.
Det the Threat
Head Coach

Post#14 » by Det the Threat » Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:49 pm

wiff wrote:Hey Det the Grizz forum has a Memphis Tigers thread. I just gave them my 2 cents on the game.

I did so too.

Like i've said before, i believe that we'll have a shot at an upset, if we can get Heytvelt going.
wiff
Head Coach

Post#15 » by wiff » Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:49 pm

Wow great game so far. Memphois went on a 10-0 run at the start of the game. Up by as many as twleve Zags fought back and took the lead. But Memphis goes in at half up by three, two coming from a HUGE put back dunk from Derrick Rose just a half of tick before the buzzer.
wiff
Head Coach

Post#16 » by wiff » Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:51 pm

Ok I'm sold give me Derrick Rose in this years draft.

He has the speed, the height, the body, the hops, the eye for play making and is great at finishing after contact.

I don't care if the Sonics have to trade all the rest of this years 5 draft picks and Chris Wilcox to move up to get him.

The Sonics need Derrick Rose.
HeavyP
Starter

Post#17 » by HeavyP » Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:42 am

Watching both the UW vs UA game and the Gonzaga vs Memphis I will say that either Bayless or Rose will help this team immensely.

Return to Seattle Supersonics Basketball