Are you all done or bandwagoning to Oklahoma?

The place to discuss the history of Seattle Supersonics Basketball.

Moderator: Cactus Jack

Cochulito
Banned User
And1: 0

Are you all done or bandwagoning to Oklahoma? 

Post#1 » by Cochulito » Thu Jul 3, 2008 5:24 pm

Just something i was thinking about. Were you all fans of SEATTLE sonics or seattle SONICS. City to me if what makes me root for a team. No way i could root team that leaves my city
McG
Sophomore

Re: Are you all done or bandwagoning to Oklahoma? 

Post#2 » by McG » Thu Jul 3, 2008 6:14 pm

Great question. I will MOST DEFINITELY be rooting for the ownership group that stole our team away. I mean who wouldn't? They'll have our banners and trophies so it will be almost like they never left!
bennith13
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23

Post#3 » by bennith13 » Thu Jul 3, 2008 6:27 pm

I am just going to come out and say it. I hate OKC. I hate Clay Bennett, and I hate the OKC fans that post online.

The only team I will root for now is the team playing against Clay Bennett's team on any given night.
Cochulito
Banned User

Post#4 » by Cochulito » Thu Jul 3, 2008 6:44 pm

Sorry, i just learned the team name will not follow to Oklahoma City. Will it be easy to be a fan of a new expansion team if one is granted to seattle?
big L
Sixth Man

Post#5 » by big L » Thu Jul 3, 2008 6:57 pm

Surely you're kidding? We all hate OK City, it's classless fans, and more than anything, that piece of garbage Clay Bennett.
from ny, never been a fan of the knicks...
nwsports253
Junior

Post#6 » by nwsports253 » Thu Jul 3, 2008 7:00 pm

you guys should come see on the board i run all the posters besides me are going to follow the team its pretty stupid
Blowboarder
Sophomore

Post#7 » by Blowboarder » Thu Jul 3, 2008 7:31 pm

nwsports253 wrote:you guys should come see on the board i run all the posters besides me are going to follow the team its pretty stupid

Have you considered banning them? Or deleting their accounts?

I really shouldn't post anything, so full of h8 right now.
--
BB
nwsports253
Junior

Post#8 » by nwsports253 » Thu Jul 3, 2008 7:38 pm

Blowboarder wrote:
Have you considered banning them? Or deleting their accounts?

I really shouldn't post anything, so full of h8 right now.

I would but i dont have the power to do it, but i can edit everything they say lol
jenn_gp
Head Coach
And1: 6

Post#9 » by jenn_gp » Thu Jul 3, 2008 7:49 pm

nwsports253 wrote:you guys should come see on the board i run all the posters besides me are going to follow the team its pretty stupid

Who and where are these d-bags? Let's take them out back into an alley and kick the crap out of them just like Clay Bennett, Greg Nickels, Christine Gregoire, and Nick Licata all kicked our @sses yesterday at 5:00 pm when they found the need to call this a victory with their smug, smiling faces.
nwsports253
Junior

Post#10 » by nwsports253 » Thu Jul 3, 2008 7:51 pm

prosportsdaily.com sonics page youll see them its just stupid
jenn_gp
Head Coach
And1: 6

Post#11 » by jenn_gp » Thu Jul 3, 2008 7:58 pm

^I don't think I can take reading that crap. Not today. Ask me in about five years to look at it.
nwsports253
Junior

Post#12 » by nwsports253 » Thu Jul 3, 2008 8:02 pm

ok i just got a bunch of univeristy of oklahoma and osu adds the side of the site. i dont know if anyone else has seen those but its just wrong having those on here
pr0wler
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,311

Post#13 » by pr0wler » Thu Jul 3, 2008 8:13 pm

I'm gonna follow the OKC team. I won't be a near as much of a fan as I would be if they were the Sonics in Seattle, but I've been following that group of guys for a while now I'm not just about to abandon them. I hate the ownership group but that has little to do with the actual product on the court. I like Sam Presti and the squad he has assembled so I am cheering for that, although it is very difficult when they're in a different city with a different name. It'll probably be like the Grizzlies when they left my hometown Vancouver, I'll follow them for a year or two after but then you lose touch with them and stop rooting for them.
elbowthrower
Assistant Coach
And1: 1

Post#14 » by elbowthrower » Thu Jul 3, 2008 8:56 pm

No frickin' way I cheer for the OKC team. Are you effing kidding? It just became the team I hate the most.

I just hope Jeff Green and Collison can manage to get traded soon, because I like those guys.
Kenny0873
Freshman
And1: 1

Post#15 » by Kenny0873 » Sat Jul 5, 2008 10:32 am

elbowthrower wrote:No frickin' way I cheer for the OKC team. Are you effing kidding? It just became the team I hate the most.

I just hope Jeff Green and Collison can manage to get traded soon, because I like those guys.

I won't be rooting for OKC to beat anyone. I'd root for an F-5 tornado to take down the Ford Center, though. It would have to be empty, of course. No one deserves to die in all of this. An 0-82 season would do just fine. :lol:
slick_watts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,269

Post#16 » by slick_watts » Sat Jul 5, 2008 2:10 pm

i will follow the okc team, if for no other reason because i am a big kevin durant fan. it's kind of tenuous for me since obviously i don't want to 'root' for okc but i'd like to see durant succeed, and jeff green to a lesser extent. i guess with the talent level of the team those two can be mutually exclusive..

there are a lot of sonics fans from back in the mid-90's that have little to no affiliation with seattle itself; especially overseas they were very popular at that time and tons of people still follow the team. i wonder if they will still root for the team in okc?

there is really a lot of misdirected emotion here, though. okc itself and moreover the majority of its population didn't do anything to anybody.
Det the Threat
Head Coach
And1: 369

Post#17 » by Det the Threat » Sat Jul 5, 2008 2:26 pm

slick_watts wrote:there are a lot of sonics fans from back in the mid-90's that have little to no affiliation with seattle itself; especially overseas they were very popular at that time and tons of people still follow the team. i wonder if they will still root for the team in okc?

Nope, there's just no way i'll support that team.

I'm off to Clipper Nation, while still following the situation in Seattle and hoping that there's a way for Ballmer to bring back another team.
jsonic007
Sixth Man

Post#18 » by jsonic007 » Sat Jul 5, 2008 5:07 pm

slick_watts wrote:there are a lot of sonics fans from back in the mid-90's that have little to no affiliation with seattle itself; especially overseas they were very popular at that time and tons of people still follow the team. i wonder if they will still root for the team in okc?

Not me. I'll be following the Knicks from now on. Believe or not, I always liked them, and I never liked to see Isiah ruining that franchise. The 99 season is one I just can't forget, too.

If someday there's a new franchise in Seattle, I might turn back to the new Sonics, or whatever name they're forced to take. But even that is not sure in my mind.
HeavyP
Starter

Post#19 » by HeavyP » Sat Jul 5, 2008 7:00 pm

I will read the boxscores like I do EVERYDAY and I will root for Jeff Green, Nick Collison and Kevin Durant. However, they will not be the team I follow closely, that will probably be Portland. I've been a closet Portland fan because I am a huge Brandon Roy fan (GO UW). Also Nate Mcmillian was my favorite Sonic and I love Greg Oden.

I'll probably also pop up on Memphis boards, I really like the trio they have workin' there.

I'll still be all over the Seahawks and Mariners boards so I'll for sure see you guys there.
nwsports253
Junior

Post#20 » by nwsports253 » Sun Jul 6, 2008 3:36 am

Det the Threat wrote:I'm off to Clipper Nation, while still following the situation in Seattle and hoping that there's a way for Ballmer to bring back another team.

Ive been there for awhile.

Return to Seattle Supersonics Basketball