Standing up for yourself

The place to discuss the history of Seattle Supersonics Basketball.

Moderator: Cactus Jack

elbowthrower
Assistant Coach
And1: 1

Standing up for yourself 

Post#1 » by elbowthrower » Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:53 am

I've been a bit caustic on the boards lately and I hope none of the true Sonic fans take offense. But even if it gets me banned I want you all to understand that I'm being a **** to put a **** foot down and show that the Northwest is not full of pussy whiner passive-aggressive types who roll over in the face of adversity.

Kane if you really live around here (which I doubt), come on down to West Seattle. Let's have a beer or two and you can tell me all about how much you love the former Sonics.
Kane2111
Banned User
And1: 0

Re: Standing up for yourself 

Post#2 » by Kane2111 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:01 am

elbowthrower wrote:I've been a bit caustic on the boards lately and I hope none of the true Sonic fans take offense. But even if it gets me banned I want you all to understand that I'm being a **** to put a **** foot down and show that the Northwest is not full of pussy whiner passive-aggressive types who roll over in the face of adversity.

Kane if you really live around here (which I doubt), come on down to West Seattle. Let's have a beer or two and you can tell me all about how much you love the former Sonics.

elbowthrower... you and wiff... I don't really understand you guys. What did I even say that set you guys off? I think a few of the people on this board are on edge (and rightfully so). We just got robbed of our franchise. But I think everyone is far too paranoid in expecting some gleeful gloating from Oklahoma residents. As far as I can tell, I made three posts that caused the overreaction from you and wiff. #1 - I made a lengthy logic-based post in response to the "I can't blame Bennett thread". The gist was that I feel the pain of the diehards, but they are the exception, not the rule. I know very few people in this state that consider themselves Sonic fans.

#2 - I posted an article about Westbrook tearing up in Summerleague and commented, "I guess I was wrong about the kid. Go figure". You guys were all to willing to perceive that as "passive aggressive smugness". I call that straight paranoia.

#3 - I posted a response on the Oklahoma forum about Kevin Durant and my expectations of him becoming a superstar.

These 3 posts collectively have caused an uproar and steady stream of vulgar nonsensical hate. I don't appreciate it and I'm asking for it to stop. It almost seems like you are fed up and tired... disappointed with the current situation and in pain about the results of he last month... it almost seems like you are TRYING to get yourself banned so you have an excuse to leave. Please don't do this. Lets keep this place civil, friendly and relevant. I know the pain is still lingering, but don't take it out on your fellow Sonic fans. (I've already explained in detail my history as a Sonic fan and don't feel the need to repeat it since you've clearly been stalking my posts and looking for hints at a Oklahoman residence).

I forgive you for your comments. Lets move on. Lets keep it clean and cheerful, buddy.
jenn_gp
Head Coach
And1: 6

Post#3 » by jenn_gp » Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:05 am

Now you've really pissed some people off Kane.

And you didn't really answer his question...
elbowthrower
Assistant Coach

Post#4 » by elbowthrower » Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:15 am

Kane2111 wrote:
elbowthrower wrote:I've been a bit caustic on the boards lately and I hope none of the true Sonic fans take offense. But even if it gets me banned I want you all to understand that I'm being a **** to put a **** foot down and show that the Northwest is not full of pussy whiner passive-aggressive types who roll over in the face of adversity.

elbowthrower... you and wiff... I don't really understand you guys. What did I even say that set you guys off? I think a few of the people on this board are on edge (and rightfully so). We just got robbed of our franchise. But I think everyone is far too paranoid in expecting some gleeful gloating from Oklahoma residents. As far as I can tell, I made three posts that caused the overreaction from you and wiff. #1 - I made a lengthy logic-based post in response to the "I can't blame Bennett thread". The gist was that I feel the pain of the diehards, but they are the exception, not the rule. I know very few people in this state that consider themselves Sonic fans.

#2 - I posted an article about Westbrook tearing up in Summerleague and commented, "I guess I was wrong about the kid. Go figure". You guys were all to willing to perceive that as "passive aggressive smugness". I call that straight paranoia.

#3 - I posted a response on the Oklahoma forum about Kevin Durant and my expectations of him becoming a superstar.

These 3 posts collectively have caused an uproar and steady stream of vulgar nonsensical hate. I don't appreciate it and I'm asking for it to stop. It almost seems like you are fed up and tired... disappointed with the current situation and in pain about the results of he last month... it almost seems like you are TRYING to get yourself banned so you have an excuse to leave. Please don't do this. Lets keep this place civil, friendly and relevant. I know the pain is still lingering, but don't take it out on your fellow Sonic fans. (I've already explained in detail my history as a Sonic fan and don't feel the need to repeat it since you've clearly been stalking my posts and looking for hints at a Oklahoman residence).

I forgive you for your comments. Lets move on. Lets keep it clean and cheerful, buddy.

Don't forgive me; I''m a pretty mellow person. But I still think you're lying.

If not, just tell me a place where we can hook up for a beer in the Seattle area. I promise to be cool and will not only buy the beers but will also come back to the board and admit my mistake if I'm wrong.
Kane2111
Banned User

Post#5 » by Kane2111 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:19 am

I've already responded to you in the other thread you're bashing me in... Jenn... I've already responded to the other thread I'm being bashed in. I think it's silly that you want me to prove my Seattle residence. What exactly am I supposed to say? "Gee golly folks did you enjoy Eddie Izzard the other night? How'd you enjoy 4th of July? I happened to be on top of an apartment building looking over the Lake Union fireworks show. My most favorite part was when they played the U2 song. Is everyone lookin forward to bumbershoot? I sure as golly am. Hey fellas lets go to Last Supper Club and listen to some techno music. I'll be down stairs bumping and grinding to some crappy hip hop. Yay for Pioneer square. Whose up for some hot dogs with cream cheese?"

Oy...
elbowthrower
Assistant Coach

Post#6 » by elbowthrower » Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:23 am

How about that beer then?
Kane2111
Banned User

Post#7 » by Kane2111 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:34 am

elbowthrower wrote:How about that beer then?

It's 12:30 on a work day. It's Monday. And I live in Lynnwood. I'm not driving to West Seattle to get a beer with some enraged fellow Sonic fan whose lookin for some booze and a fight. Lol. Plus, my mother was an abusive alcoholic with gout in her hayday and as a result I don't drink (aint nothing happening on a Monday night anyways). But thanks for the offer man. I appreciate the sentiment. Lets let bygones be bygones and celebrate the past of Sonics history. Lets keep this forum about the former Sonic greats: Gary Payton, Big Smooth, Det... Steve Scheffler... Mr. Sonic... Squatch... etc.

Return to Seattle Supersonics Basketball