Bitter

The place to discuss the history of Seattle Supersonics Basketball.

Moderator: Cactus Jack

LA12
Junior
And1: 0

Bitter 

Post#1 » by LA12 » Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:59 pm

I just want to say that the Sonics were a great team with enthusiastic, passionate fans and will be missed. I think you will have a team back in town sooner rather than later though.

I have been skimming through the different team boards and have noticed that pretty much everyone that posts in here is very hostile and pretty impolite to people coming in and posting about the Thunder or the NBA in general.

To those I described, I guess my question is why would you continue to visit the REALGM board if you don't want to talk basketball and just want to slam others for trying to be conversational?
S0yb3anB0y
Lead Assistant
And1: 1

Re: Bitter 

Post#2 » by S0yb3anB0y » Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:05 pm

You have less than 100 post. 1/2 of the people on the Sonics board has been here for several years. I signed up in 2003 so I have been on here for a good 5 years. It was apart of our lives. I enjoyed my time here being a loyal sonics fan. And from the years I spent here, I felt I build a causal friendship with the regulars. So to answer your question, it was apart of our lives (SEATTLE SUPER SONICS and Realgm)
BenjaminH
Assistant Coach

Post#3 » by BenjaminH » Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:08 pm

Well, we have fewer posts precisely because of this bitterness. Those of us still here mostly come to interact with one another even if we don't have a team to talk about. We've been discussing the Sonics for a long time.
Dick Tate
Starter
And1: 1,877

Post#4 » by Dick Tate » Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:21 pm

LA12 wrote:if you don't want to talk basketball and just want to slam others for trying to be conversational?

If you did more than skim, you probably wouldn’t have made such a blanket accusation.
bennith13
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23

Post#5 » by bennith13 » Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:44 pm

I think most of us here would talk basketball if someone wanted to engage in a conversation. We just dont want to talk about the team in OKC. I still come here to talk about the other sports in Seattle as well as popular culture and current events.
jenn_gp
Head Coach
And1: 6

Post#6 » by jenn_gp » Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:17 am

What's the point in making this post? Will it let you acheive some type of enlightenment, or are you trying to provide this board with some type of kick in the pants to shake us up? What are you trying to do, promote a positive attidude in this forum? I don't see anything good coming out of your post.

Take a second to think about how you would feel if your favorite team left your city (whoever that may be)....is it that hard to believe that we should have the right to be upset? I don't know about the General Board, cause I haven't posted there in a while, but if you would have "skimmed" our board a little further, you would have found that there are other reasons as to why we may seem a little hostile towards others not familiar with the board these days. It goes past the team moving...When you make friends over the years with people who have the same interests as you, it's a little hard to just walk away. I have been here for over five years. When someone threatens the security of this board (everyone familiar here knows who this is), you're darn right it makes me upset and hostile. There's also people who come in here posting questions without even realizing that the Sonics no longer exist. It gets a little tiring (and painful) telling or reminding them to pick up a newspaper.

So excuse me for not greeting others with a bottle of wine and a dozen roses everytime they want to come in here to "chat." A few people spoiled whatever ounce of sincerity and kindness I have towards people coming in here to rub in our faces that our team is gone or point out the general attitude of the board these days is gone. That's just speaking for me personally. Unfortunately for you and others who will come into this board in the future, someone (who will be un-named because they don't deserve the mention) has ruined it for the rest of you.
LA12
Junior

Post#7 » by LA12 » Sat Oct 11, 2008 2:19 pm

Guys...I am very sorry for my post. It was certainly not my intent to "rile anyone up".

Simply put, I guess I just cannot put myself in your shoes. I am a thirtysomething Blazers fan living in Toronto and have fortunately, due to the distance of my favorite team from where I actually live, even if the Blazers did have a POS owner like Clay Bennett that moved them somewhere else, it would not really have a great impact on me personally.

I genuinely did not mean to insult anyone with my post and am very sorry if I did.

I have the utmost respect for the Seattle Sonics and have enjoyed watching them throughout my life. The teams with Kemp (pre-fat), Payton, Schrempf, Hawkins, Big Schmoove etc. were some of the most exciting teams I have ever watched play and you guys as fans, were the some of the most electric I have seen.

I really hope that you will get your Sonics back soon. It was really shi**y the way things went down.

Return to Seattle Supersonics Basketball