ImageImageImageImageImage

Siakam trade for basically nothing is now showing its effect

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, Morris_Shatford, DG88, HiJiNX, niQ, Reeko, lebron stopper

Merit
Head Coach
And1: 3,243

Re: Siakam trade for basically nothing is now showing its effect 

Post#1141 » by Merit » Sun May 19, 2024 10:58 pm

ForeverTFC wrote:
Scase wrote:
ForeverTFC wrote:
I would. 100 times out of 100.

I don’t know if you’re romanticizing Bosh or if it’s your dislike of Siakam that’s making you argue this so hard. Bosh was the biggest 2-faced “star” to ever play in this city. The guy was the definition of empty stats and led us no where. He was desperate for attention. I don’t understand how Toronto fans still hold a grudge against Vince but take time to defend Bosh. “Rep T Dot till they bury me.” Yeah ok bud.

Duck that guy.

I don't care about his personality, I was basing it strictly off talent. Bosh 100 times out of 100. He is just flat out the better player.

Claiming Bosh was empty stats leading nowhere, in an argument about choosing Siakam over him is peak hilarity. Siakam is the definition of empty calories.

36 points in game 1 against the bucks, loses.
37 points in game 2 against the bucks, wins.
The rest of series he didnt even hit 20 points and they moved on.

The best argument you could make this year was the last game vs the knicks. Except we've all seen him play for like 8 years and know exactly the type of player he is. Good, but not good enough to be anything other than a 2nd/3rd option, he isn't carrying a team anywhere but to a play in birth at best.

Siakam had all stars, future HOFers, and one of the best defenders in the NBA. Bosh had what? Jarret Jack, Bargs? Lmao. As I said previously, ANY one of the starters on Siakams team would instantly be the second best player on any team that Bosh played for here. Calling him empty stats while ignoring the train wreck that this franchise was back then, is such a scummy argument.

You guys keep asking who Bosh had, why not ask who he faced? The talent of the league at that time was no where close to what it is today. Again, he got schooled by Mikki Moore. Mikki freaking Moore.

Anyways, I’m not even sure why we’re arguing Bosh vs Siakam. I hope Siakam has a great game today, that the Pacers lose, and that Chris Bosh catches a whiff of Toronto’s “smell” as his cable goes down so he can’t watch ESPN.

I am not a fan of how bosh handled his exit either. However, he’s a better player than Siakam and I’d gladly have peak Bosh over peak Siakam. That said, your point about Bosh’s lack of performance in the playoffs is also fair.

Bottom line, I get both perspectives and I would also choose pascal over bosh in terms of favourite Raptor players and players who loved their time here and the city.

Most importantly, Bilal can stfu until he actually shuts Siakam down.
I believe in Masai.
AkelaLoneWolf
RealGM
And1: 12,714

Post#1142 » by AkelaLoneWolf » Sun May 19, 2024 11:04 pm

Seeing how they do against the Celtics will be the real test of how good the pacers are.
Beating two injury decimated teams is not impressing anybody.
"We're the middle children of history. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our great war is a spiritual war. Our great depression is our lives." - Tyler Durden in Fight Club.
srhcan
Veteran
And1: 1,880

Post#1143 » by srhcan » Sun May 19, 2024 11:40 pm

when is the last time Raptors changed the fortune of another team on such big scale by trading them player? Pacers went from missing playoffs to making East finals :o
tsherkin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 22,808

Post#1144 » by tsherkin » Sun May 19, 2024 11:48 pm

srhcan wrote:when is the last time Raptors changed the fortune of another team on such big scale by trading them player? Pacers went from missing playoffs to making East finals :o

They were 23-18 with him, 24-17 without him, just FWIW.
SharoneWright
RealGM
And1: 12,659

Post#1145 » by SharoneWright » Sun May 19, 2024 11:52 pm

The Siakam trade was the reverse Kawhai trade (light).
Is anybody here a marine biologist?
Hottie McShotty
Analyst
And1: 1,999

Post#1146 » by Hottie McShotty » Sun May 19, 2024 11:56 pm

This trade is now showing more of it's effect. Siakim was a beast today and led his team to the next round.
Los_29
RealGM
And1: 12,202

Post#1147 » by Los_29 » Mon May 20, 2024 12:05 am

tsherkin wrote:
srhcan wrote:when is the last time Raptors changed the fortune of another team on such big scale by trading them player? Pacers went from missing playoffs to making East finals :o

They were 23-18 with him, 24-17 without him, just FWIW.

While true, Haliburton was injured and never healthy. Pacers didn’t believe their success was sustainable and went out and got Pascal. He’s been huge in the playoffs because him and Hali are the only players that can be counted on to score.
tsherkin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 22,808

Post#1148 » by tsherkin » Mon May 20, 2024 12:16 am

Los_29 wrote:While true, Haliburton was injured and never healthy. Pacers didn’t believe their success was sustainable and went out and got Pascal. He’s been huge in the playoffs because him and Hali are the only players that can be counted on to score.

He's like a +0.9% rTS guy relative to playoff average prior to today's game. Scoring isn't really Pascal's strength. But he can shoulder some of the burden and he does a lot of other things well, and in the RS, he was good for them, no doubt. And yes, his fit alongside Haliburton is quite good, and he performs a lot better when Hali is healthy.
KrazyP
General Manager
And1: 5,602

Post#1149 » by KrazyP » Tue May 21, 2024 4:29 pm

REJECTEDBYCLARK wrote:We still debating Siakam here?

When a 19 year old that played on the 2nd worst team in the league this year tells an interviewer that Siakam is the most overrated player he has had to defend it speaks volumes. .

Dion Waiters once thought he was amongst the best SGs in the game just a notch behind Dwayne Wade and ahead of Jimmy Butler. Young players are often immature morons....things they say dont really mean anything.
OAKLEY_2
RealGM
And1: 9,123

Post#1150 » by OAKLEY_2 » Wed May 22, 2024 8:57 pm

SharoneWright wrote:The Siakam trade was the reverse Kawhai trade (light).

Who gives a wholly crp we knew we were not paying Siakam. Everyone knew too and his value got torched. To date we got a first rounder we traded for Agbaji. We got a pick coming in 2026. We got the 19th pick that is backfilling the deferred Pick in the Poetl trade and maybe they get lucky on Carrington, JaKobe, Kelel Ware or Yao Ming's cousin.

Masai: “I think we had really good [exit] meetings with Bruce and Gary [Trent Jr].”

In other words Brown getting 23 mil. He is happy.

Masai's franchise altering trade was Chuck Hayes Salmons and Grievous for Gay.

Ujiri could package Poetl, Brown and #31 for Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter jr. Joe Ingles and #18. 18 and 19 is a real shot at young assetts or a trade up. What if we got Carrington and Collier?

In other words we need not judge either the Poetl or Paskal trades until all dominoes are accounted for.
SharoneWright
RealGM
And1: 12,659

Post#1151 » by SharoneWright » Thu May 23, 2024 4:44 am

OAKLEY_2 wrote:

Who gives a wholly crp we knew we were not paying Siakam. Everyone knew too and his value got torched. To date we got a first rounder we traded for Agbaji. We got a pick coming in 2026. We got the 19th pick that is backfilling the deferred Pick in the Poetl trade and maybe they get lucky on Carrington, JaKobe, Kelel Ware or Yao Ming's cousin.

Masai: “I think we had really good [exit] meetings with Bruce and Gary [Trent Jr].”

Ujiri could package Poetl, Brown and #31 for Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter jr. Joe Ingles and #18. 18 and 19 is a real shot at young assetts or a trade up. What if we got Carrington and Collier?

In other words we need not judge either the Poetl or Paskal trades until all dominoes are accounted for.

Sure. It was just a quip. But maybe we agree.

The Leonard trade led to Wembanyama, after all…

(nevertheless, I still do try to win all my imaginary trades. lol)

But heck, all the dominoes might eventually lead to the Ant-man!
Is anybody here a marine biologist?
The Duke
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,290

Post#1152 » by The Duke » Thu May 23, 2024 5:05 am

In others words, it’ll take 10-15 yrs to judge the Poetl trade…,
Scase
RealGM
And1: 8,537

Post#1153 » by Scase » Thu May 23, 2024 1:12 pm

The Duke wrote:In others words, it’ll take 10-15 yrs to judge the Poetl trade…,

No, cause you don't know if he'll have kids, and they might play for the Raps, so you have to wait to see how they pan out.
Props TZ!
OAKLEY_2
RealGM
And1: 9,123

Post#1154 » by OAKLEY_2 » Thu May 23, 2024 9:01 pm

SharoneWright wrote:
OAKLEY_2 wrote:

Sure. It was just a quip. But maybe we agree.

The Leonard trade led to Wembanyama, after all…

(nevertheless, I still do try to win all my imaginary trades. lol)

But heck, all the dominoes might eventually lead to the Ant-man!

Or King Kong!

Return to Toronto Raptors