ImageImageImageImageImage

Rebranding the Toronto Raptors (Updated designs on p. 7)

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, Morris_Shatford, DG88, HiJiNX, niQ, Reeko, lebron stopper

TorontoRapture
Sixth Man
And1: 978

Re: Rebranding the Toronto Raptors (Updated p. 5) 

Post#101 » by TorontoRapture » Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:11 am

N1QUE24 wrote:Well done man, looks really good!
Thank you! I think you'd be able to make it look nicer though.
DUBmental
Sophomore
And1: 234

Post#102 » by DUBmental » Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:19 am

TorontoRapture..

That's a sick centre court logo, Re-brand or not. Really what's not to like. You keep the claw...Good, Keep the MLSE Maple Leaf..Good and add a tower..Good.

Well done sir!
TorontoRapture
Sixth Man

Post#103 » by TorontoRapture » Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:40 am

DUBmental wrote:TorontoRapture..

That's a sick centre court logo, Re-brand or not. Really what's not to like. You keep the claw...Good, Keep the MLSE Maple Leaf..Good and add a tower..Good.

Well done sir!
Thanks a lot! I like that it would let them keep their current mascot and jerseys, while implimenting a more Canadian appeal. Let their play on the court be what defines the Raptors identity as being vicious pack hunters...not their logo.
CoachJReturns
RealGM
And1: 10,535

Re: Case Study: Rebranding the Toronto Raptors 

Post#104 » by CoachJReturns » Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:57 pm

TorontoRapture wrote:A Toronto Raptors coat-of-arms logo idea.

I really like the top one, although I think if we went that route we should change the name to something different. No Raptors, no Huskies. Something simple, like someone suggested along the lines up Toronto Basketball Club, or the Ottawa CFL team the Red Blacks. Maybe it's time to think outside the box a little.
CoachJReturns
RealGM

Post#105 » by CoachJReturns » Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:02 pm

TorontoRapture wrote:Here are a couple Logo ideas I put together that would allow the team to make the "Raptor" look however they want, and infuse a Canadian element to it, while keeping the popular claw as the 2nd logo.

Primary logo:

Centre court logo:

Here it is in 3-D...'cause we know how much MLSE loves putting that on the floor lol.

Last minute add-in...here is how I envision the court looking:

Oh...and the jersey's can stay the same, or they can use the font in the logo instead.

What do you think?

This is sharp. Awesome work man. Very professional and almost a little intimidating, as far as the color scheme goes. I'd be curious to see you try to find the right arrangement of the colors on a jersey. The black is so dominant, it makes for a total about face from what we're accustomed to. I can actually see myself wearing a black jacket with that logo on the back.
pspot
General Manager
And1: 283

Post#106 » by pspot » Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:02 pm

I like the idea of Toronto Basketball Club, plays up to the Euro angle a bit and is a lot less gimmicky
even with the hilarity of knowing they would be the Toronto BC

Red Blacks is **** (Please Use More Appropriate Word), sorry
nm
CoachJReturns
RealGM

Post#107 » by CoachJReturns » Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:04 pm

I'm looking at it again and wondering if the leaf wouldn't look better without the white at the bottom of it. Just solid black with the red parts included. Just adding the type beneath the logo? Congrats by the way. I've always hated the name Raptors and your design makes me not mind it so much.
CoachJReturns
RealGM

Post#108 » by CoachJReturns » Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:11 pm

pspot wrote:I like the idea of Toronto Basketball Club, plays up to the Euro angle a bit and is a lot less gimmicky

Agreed. Toronto Basketball Club sounds classic and timeless. It would never go out of fashion and would be easy to implement with the designs TorontoRapture put together. He'd just remove the Raptor claw.
whysoserious
RealGM
And1: 8,634

Post#109 » by whysoserious » Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:19 pm

Great work TorontoRapture,

It keeps the claw logo, incorporates the leaf to have a Canadian flavour, has the CN tower for Toronto and I love the est. 1995.

I'm wondering how it would look if you inversed teh red with the black everywhere? Red leaf, black tower and then the rest.
TorontoRapture
Sixth Man

Post#110 » by TorontoRapture » Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:54 pm

whysoserious wrote:Great work TorontoRapture,

It keeps the claw logo, incorporates the leaf to have a Canadian flavour, has the CN tower for Toronto and I love the est. 1995.

I'm wondering how it would look if you inversed teh red with the black everywhere? Red leaf, black tower and then the rest.
Like this?

CoachJReturns
RealGM

Post#111 » by CoachJReturns » Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:13 pm

I prefer the black maple leaf. Just makes it a little less predictable I suppose.
hankscorpioLA
RealGM
And1: 10,007

Re: (Updated!) Rebranding the Toronto Raptors (v1.2) 

Post#112 » by hankscorpioLA » Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:31 pm

BIG match wrote:
LOL...im not going to further this pissing match. At this rate, someones gonna end up getting their flowers stepped on and im just not ready for that level of confrontation

Translation: I know I am wrong but I am not enough of a man to be able to admit it.
The absurd mystery of the strange forces of existence.
TorontoRapture
Sixth Man

Post#113 » by TorontoRapture » Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:52 pm

CoachJReturns wrote:I prefer the black maple leaf. Just makes it a little less predictable I suppose.
Me too.
whysoserious
RealGM
And1: 8,634

Post#114 » by whysoserious » Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:07 pm

I think both work, thanks for quickly showing it.

I do like the black leaf a little more now that I see both. Maybe the court can be changed up to have more red. I just don't like black and white becoming so predominantly our colours.

How would that logo also work on a jersey? It's a solid looking logo for sure. What colours would you do? A white home? Red away or Black away?
TorontoRapture
Sixth Man

Post#115 » by TorontoRapture » Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:23 pm

whysoserious wrote:I think both work, thanks for quickly showing it.

I do like the black leaf a little more now that I see both. Maybe the court can be changed up to have more red. I just don't like black and white becoming so predominantly our colours.

How would that logo also work on a jersey? It's a solid looking logo for sure. What colours would you do? A white home? Red away or Black away?
Like this?

I'm working on the jerseys now.
TorontoRapture
Sixth Man

Post#116 » by TorontoRapture » Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:03 pm

As for the jerseys...I gave it a lot of thought and spent a while playing around with re-designs, but ultimately, I like how they are now. The only changes I would make to them are to add Raptor claw marks on the shoulders, a CN Tower silhouette down the side of the shorts, and ditch the chevrons on the sides of the shirt. Besides that, the colour schemes of all the current jerseys and their design are perfectly fine.

This is what the shirt would look like:

These are the shorts (the shorts colour would match the shirt...of course):

What do you think?
hankscorpioLA
RealGM
And1: 10,007

Post#117 » by hankscorpioLA » Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:23 pm

That logo looks a little too much like this one:

The absurd mystery of the strange forces of existence.
Jay240
Sixth Man
And1: 603

Post#118 » by Jay240 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:35 pm

pspot wrote:I like the idea of Toronto Basketball Club, plays up to the Euro angle a bit and is a lot less gimmicky

My sig is a joke not a serious suggestion. Or did someone else actually suggest it.
BIG match
Banned User
And1: 144

Post#119 » by BIG match » Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:04 pm

hankscorpioLA wrote:
BIG match wrote:
LOL...im not going to further this pissing match. At this rate, someones gonna end up getting their flowers stepped on and im just not ready for that level of confrontation

Translation: I know I am wrong but I am not enough of a man to be able to admit it.

Buddy, you need to get a life. If you really want to further this why dont you come meet me in person.

Ive seen you argue with people on here before and thats all that needs to be said
Rep905
Ballboy
And1: 4

Post#120 » by Rep905 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:05 pm

N1QUE24 wrote:
TheRealBlizzy wrote:
goodjoey wrote:
i agree Hank, its like all of a sudden its "cool" to be curt and impolite. People feel like they are allowed to be as ignorant and dismissive as they want because they hide behind an avatar and a username.

lol people think we are saying these logo's are ugly only because we can hide behind a username? Dude come bring me your mock-up's on paper ill show you to your face how ugly it is too.

THIS IS A FREAKING NBA TEAM. DO YOU GUYS HAVE ANY SORT OF COMMON SENSE? LOOK AT THAT LOGO AND TELL ME IT DESERVES ANY THOUGHT OF BEING ON THE FRONT OF AN NBA JERSEY THAT I WOULD PAY $120+ FOR? LOL. NO DISRESPECT BUT COME ON NOW...

Yes you people are too sensitive, this is a forum, there were threads considering the rebrand and this guy decided to make his OWN dedicated thread SPECIFICALLY for his design. Imo, it better be damn good if you have the nerve to make a new thread about it distancing your design from the others in the original thread.

There was not a single thread on a Raptors rebrand but tons of Huskies rebrands. I think that deserves its own thread no? And I'm not doing this to show off, or force the design on people's throats... but merely to create a healthy discussion on the topic. I've done this time and time again with my personal Raptors mixes I've made, this time is no different. I think you have issues deeply rooted in jealousy, bud.

As someone who's been in art school, it's just general courtesy to constructively criticize someone's work in which they've spent hours on end creating. If you don't like the work, state why you don't like it, otherwise your comment can be taken as rude and insensitive. I can take constructive criticism, by all means lay it out to me - tell me what elements of the logo you didn't like so I can improve upon it but If you just flat out scoff and dismiss it, well you're just being an **** now aren't you?

It's probably one of the worst logo's created on this forum. It has absolutely lost the feel of a raptors leaning towards more on an alien theme. The skyline is NOT a good idea, it look's terrible. There is nothing good about this logo, the eyes, the teeth, the skyline, etc. I'm not insulting you or any of the posters but it's an NBA team, a professional sports organization and you would want to put that logo on the court/jersey?! I know people probably egg you on and tell you it's a great design because they think it's the nice thing to do, but what they are really doing is setting you up for failure. I am not jealous, more frustrated that people are willing to praise and accept mediocre logo's.. Don't you guys have any pride? This is my team and to see people like you butcher the hell out of the original logo is of course frustrating. Constructive criticism? Trash this logo and stop being blinded by the people who are praising you for your skyline in the teeth, etc. Your logo is a disgrace to the Raptor franchise (that's how bad it is). If you spent a lot of money going to 'art school', well stop right now if you think art may be a career for you. If it's on your spare time, then at least admit it's a terrible, ugly logo. I'm not hating or insulting you, I'm helping you out because people like Hank will always tell you how great your logo is when if fact, if we had a poll I would guarantee it would finish near the bottom. If you really want to update your logo, start from scratch.

Return to Toronto Raptors