ImageImageImageImageImage

Kawhi Leonard Signs with Clippers Part 2

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, Morris_Shatford, DG88, HiJiNX, niQ, Reeko, lebron stopper

bakafool
RealGM
And1: 4,651

Re: Kawhi Leonard Signs with Clippers Part 2 

Post#101 » by bakafool » Sat Jul 6, 2019 3:25 pm

Madvillainy2004 wrote:No breaks for me from ball on my Nick Nurse ish. Whens summer league today. Also gonna watch the national team too to carry me over to preseason.

I am super interested in how Nick will manage the team next season. Also excited about Siakam's inevitable power up.
Noooo!!! Not Possible! Not Possible! - Comcast commentator after the shot by Mo Peterson.
MavCarter
RealGM
And1: 31,071

Post#102 » by MavCarter » Sat Jul 6, 2019 3:25 pm

Honestly im a little relieved we dont have to go into next season trying to read every kawhi expression and read into what his sister likes and worry about what he'll do next offseason but with 100x more anxiety because we probably wouldnt be champions again
#Enjoytheride
Dr Octagon
RealGM
And1: 54,612

Post#103 » by Dr Octagon » Sat Jul 6, 2019 3:25 pm

alienpick
Starter
And1: 627

Post#104 » by alienpick » Sat Jul 6, 2019 3:25 pm

Live Free wrote:
VinBaker6 wrote:Bruh we really did everything. Like everything possible. This feels like such a blow to this franchise. Like not even a championship can keep him here. He was never coming.

Everything except agree to trade Pascal + salary fillers + picks for George and WB

Masai didn't have the nuts to tell Kyle to pack his bags

That trade depended first and formost on Kawhi’s decision to resign. He and PG are LA born guys, the Clips were their first choice, the Raps second. Masai didn’t really have a choice, besides trying to get Westbrook out of the deal. Masai would have traded for PG if it meant Kawhi resigned. It was Kawhi’s choice, not Masai’s.
alienchild
RealGM
And1: 17,166

Post#105 » by alienchild » Sat Jul 6, 2019 3:25 pm

nonc wrote:
Uncle Dennis wrote:
Live Free wrote:Everything except agree to trade Pascal + salary fillers + picks for George and WB

I'm pretty sure Masai would have been able to do that if that were true.

Masai wouldn't do that cuz it's a bad trade for the Raptors. Westbrook sucks guys.

And a terrible team mate.
Everybody is losing their freaking minds. Nutbars and wingnuts have infested this forum. We've become a public lavatory without cleaning staff.
carlosey
General Manager
And1: 2,082

Post#106 » by carlosey » Sat Jul 6, 2019 3:26 pm

Also proud of the fanbase and organization. Did everything we could to deliver a winner and it came down to a chance on a player who did not only have his mind set but also toyed w the franchises future to help himself in LA. Will forever thank him for the ship won't boo him but don't wish him success in LA.

The championship was magical and well always be the champs now w the raps being a global brand and the fanbase being trully established as the best in the L. We will always deserve a winner. Hope Ujiri stays forever.

Also, silver, do something about the collusion it's getting ridiculous.
will
RealGM
And1: 50,453
Location: Pat's Homestyle Jamaican Restaurant. Shouts to Sheryl's Caribbean Cuisine

Post#107 » by will » Sat Jul 6, 2019 3:26 pm

bakafool wrote:
Madvillainy2004 wrote:No breaks for me from ball on my Nick Nurse ish. Whens summer league today. Also gonna watch the national team too to carry me over to preseason.

I am super interested in how Nick will manage the team next season. Also excited about Siakam's inevitable power up.

Now that Pascal will be the main focus of other teams when scouted - will be interesting to see how he adjusts.

OG - WOW...what an opportunity for the young man now...
Tanner
Veteran
And1: 4,173

Post#108 » by Tanner » Sat Jul 6, 2019 3:26 pm

nonc wrote:
wolywood wrote:I think it's absolutely adorable Kawhi is putting his trust in Steve Ballmer. Hope he likes being a Seattle Clipper.

There is actually a pretty good chance Kawhi with the Raptors is his career peak.

The Raptors getting the last drop of #2's elite prime before he starts to fall off would be amazing.
OAKLEY_2
RealGM
And1: 9,123

Post#109 » by OAKLEY_2 » Sat Jul 6, 2019 3:26 pm

In pro sports players come and go. Only the media tries to make them seem immortal.
RapsFanInOhio
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,983

Post#110 » by RapsFanInOhio » Sat Jul 6, 2019 3:26 pm

I’m part sad, part excited, and mostly glad the whole thing is over. We got a ship, we can’t complain too much.

I’m also confused. I would understand the Lakers; that’s an easy dynasty and a guaranteed couple of championships. But I would almost wager money that we will win another championship before Kawhi does. Kawhi and PG are definitely not a guaranteed ship; I’m not sure they’re better than GSW, LAL, or even Utah. This wasn’t the correct move basketball-wise, but he stayed true to going home.

At the end of the day, we have a f****** championship.
Props to Turbo_Zone for the sig
Bankai
RealGM
And1: 26,828

Post#111 » by Bankai » Sat Jul 6, 2019 3:27 pm

Like someone said, right now it does feel like a rental Championship. Usually the good vibes go through the Summer, but Kawhi unprecedentedly soured the good vibes in 3 weeks. And now after winning the Title, the narrative would be "What went wrong for Toronto?" Unreal. It stings now. But eventually people will forget this episode with Kawhi. The history books will remember the Raptors as Champions, and I can always show that to my kids.
tms
Veteran
And1: 2,197

Post#112 » by tms » Sat Jul 6, 2019 3:27 pm

so wait

OKC got 5 1st-rd picks for Paul George

while the Raps got diddly-squat for the reigning Finals MVP and arguably best player in the world??

lol

NBA is broken
ahollz
Sophomore
And1: 93

Post#113 » by ahollz » Sat Jul 6, 2019 3:28 pm

wolywood wrote:I think it's absolutely adorable Kawhi is putting his trust in Steve Ballmer. Hope he likes being a Seattle Clipper.

lol they're moving to inglewood.
Raps Next GM
Rookie
And1: 1,239

Post#114 » by Raps Next GM » Sat Jul 6, 2019 3:28 pm

Arpad wrote:This move may end up killing the Raptors franchise. It's quite serious and devastating

I try to avoid getting personal in this banter but that take is so dumb that you should be banned from ever espousing your opinion on anything ever again.
RaptorsLife
RealGM
And1: 84,017

Post#115 » by RaptorsLife » Sat Jul 6, 2019 3:28 pm

tms wrote:so wait

OKC got 5 1st-rd picks for Paul George

while the Raps got diddly-squat for the reigning Finals MVP and arguably best player in the world??

lol

NBA is broken

We got a championship lol
Raptors til death
Mattatron
Starter
And1: 1,723

Post#116 » by Mattatron » Sat Jul 6, 2019 3:28 pm

Live Free wrote:
will wrote:
Live Free wrote:
Everything except agree to trade Pascal + salary fillers + picks for George and WB

Nah, son. Stop.

That deal was idiodic. Presti trying to pawn off bad salary.

Masai got principles and a plan. Know when to walk away.

Na son, you stop.

What difference in principle is it to trade derozan Jakob JV Delon in order to win than to go get 3 mvp caliber players on this roster?

e have no cap space.. if there is a plan it's to dump our salary anyways.

presti used the raptors to get more out of the clippers org.
there's a reason westbrook get bounced every year in the first round.
will
RealGM
Location: Pat's Homestyle Jamaican Restaurant. Shouts to Sheryl's Caribbean Cuisine

Post#117 » by will » Sat Jul 6, 2019 3:28 pm

RapsFanInOhio wrote:I’m part sad, part excited, and mostly glad the whole thing is over. We got a ship, we can’t complain too much.

I’m also confused. I would understand the Lakers; that’s an easy dynasty and a guaranteed couple of championships. But I would almost wager money that we will win another championship before Kawhi does. Kawhi and PG are definitely not a guaranteed ship; I’m not sure they’re better than GSW, LAL, or even Utah. This wasn’t the correct move basketball-wise, but he stayed true to going home.

At the end of the day, we have a f****** championship.

Spurning the Lakers...the whole notion of joining a superteam guy like LeBron would have tarnished 'Whi's legacy.
will
RealGM

Post#118 » by will » Sat Jul 6, 2019 3:29 pm

Raps Next GM wrote:
Arpad wrote:This move may end up killing the Raptors franchise. It's quite serious and devastating

I try to avoid getting personal in this banter but that take is so dumb that you should be banned from ever espousing your opinion on anything ever again.

Lil bro joined the Raps boards in May 2019 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Spicy P
RealGM
And1: 5,897

Post#119 » by Spicy P » Sat Jul 6, 2019 3:29 pm

Niagara wrote:I honestly didn't feel as bad as I thought I would.

His heart was clearly in LA. I hope he finds the happiness he's looking for with the Clippers.

Same. I mentally prepared myself for this by thinking rationally and had a feeling this would happen so it didn’t come to me as a surprise. I felt more relief that he finally made a decision when I woke up this morning.
Valard
Sixth Man
And1: 2,909

Post#120 » by Valard » Sat Jul 6, 2019 3:30 pm

Klaw22 wrote:
Live Free wrote:
will wrote:
Nah, son. Stop.

That deal was idiodic. Presti trying to pawn off bad salary.

Masai got principles and a plan. Know when to walk away.

Na son, you stop.

What difference in principle is it to trade derozan Jakob JV Delon in order to win than to go get 3 mvp caliber players on this roster?

e have no cap space.. if there is a plan it's to dump our salary anyways.

presti used the raptors to get more out of the clippers org.
there's a reason westbrook get bounced every year in the first round.

a severe lack of shooting around him?

Return to Toronto Raptors