ImageImageImageImageImage

Lakers Hire Phil Handy

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, Morris_Shatford, DG88, HiJiNX, niQ, Reeko, lebron stopper

TreyTone
Sophomore
And1: 373

Re: Lakers Hire Phil Handy 

Post#101 » by TreyTone » Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:53 am

TheRealDeal wrote:
TreyTone wrote:Handy’s infamous game #3 vs Philly white board quote “Let it Rip” will always be in Raptor’s lore.
We’ll miss you Phil.

I thought Nurse said Griffin wrote that?

Lol yeah my bad :roll:
Metallikid
RealGM
And1: 9,968

Post#102 » by Metallikid » Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:55 am

RaptorsLife wrote:
Metallikid wrote:
RaptorsLife wrote:Saying the raptors aren’t contenders and lakers isn’t sarcastic it’s reality

Grow a pair of balls and get thicker skin dude

I don't come to this forum to have people say they're fans but spend half or more of their time taking shots at the team.

It brings down the quality of the forum. It makes the place needlessly negative.

You want to give constructive criticism? Sure. That's not what this was.

Nobody is bringing down

The raptors aren’t contenders. Just lost a top 3 player and one of the best 2 way 3 and d players I. League

While lakers landed a top 7 player in Anthony Davis

This isn’t some hug box where people live in some fantasy land and think in some deluded bubble from reality

Reddit seems the place for you

Actually, crap posters like you who love **** on the Raps are exactly what brings this place down.

Regardless, I'm sure I won't be the last person to put you on ignore.
right between the eyes
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,592

Post#103 » by right between the eyes » Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:55 am

Metallikid wrote:
right between the eyes wrote:
Metallikid wrote:
We haven't had a bad winter in 7 years. Stop complaining about the weather.

What on earth are you talking about? Last winter had the most snow and cold in a while ..plus the spring took forever to come ..

Go look at meteorological data. You're dead wrong. We've already had around as many 25 degrees this summer than we would have had an entire year in the 90s. It's not even August yet.

You either must not be have been here very long or you have an awful memory. There used to be snow on the ground for 3+ months every year without melting. The longest we had snow on the ground for without melting this past winter was 2-3 weeks in Toronto.

Stop complaining about the weather; global warming is real and if you haven't noticed it yet you aren't paying attention.

When did I talk about summer? I'm talking solely about the winter .. the winter never ended .we didn't have breaks in the cold .. it was consistently cold ...everything was a month behind ..if you read my original post I said his decision was moreso based on him getting a front bench role something he wasn't getting here .. sensitive much?
Harcore Fenton Mun
RealGM
And1: 7,843

Post#104 » by Harcore Fenton Mun » Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:57 am

Lebron's just insulating himself with people he knows.
RaptorsLife
RealGM
And1: 84,017

Post#105 » by RaptorsLife » Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:58 am

Metallikid wrote:
RaptorsLife wrote:
Metallikid wrote:
I don't come to this forum to have people say they're fans but spend half or more of their time taking shots at the team.

It brings down the quality of the forum. It makes the place needlessly negative.

You want to give constructive criticism? Sure. That's not what this was.

Nobody is bringing down

The raptors aren’t contenders. Just lost a top 3 player and one of the best 2 way 3 and d players I. League

While lakers landed a top 7 player in Anthony Davis

This isn’t some hug box where people live in some fantasy land and think in some deluded bubble from reality

Reddit seems the place for you

Actually, crap posters like you who love **** on the Raps are exactly what brings this place down.

Regardless, I'm sure I won't be the last person to put you on ignore.

Yeah I’m **** on raptors because I don’t think their contenders

Such sensitive people these days. Unreal.

Please put me on ignore and continue to live in it hug box
Raptors til death
6ixSideSniper
Head Coach
And1: 11,585

Post#106 » by 6ixSideSniper » Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:59 am

Metallikid wrote:

What on earth are you talking about? Last winter had the most snow and cold in a while ..plus the spring took forever to come ..

Go look at meteorological data. You're dead wrong. We've already had around as many 25 degrees this summer than we would have had an entire year in the 90s. It's not even August yet.

You either must not be have been here very long or you have an awful memory. There used to be snow on the ground for 3+ months every year without melting. The longest we had snow on the ground for without melting this past winter was 2-3 weeks in Toronto.

Stop complaining about the weather; global warming is real and if you haven't noticed it yet you aren't paying attention.

When did I talk about summer? I'm talking solely about the winter .. the winter never ended .we didn't have breaks in the cold .. it was consistently cold ...everything was a month behind ..if you read my original post I said his decision was moreso based on him getting a front bench role something he wasn't getting here .. sensitive much?

It's been unseasonably colder everywhere that gets snow, not that it bothers me if you said Toronto is cold or not. Our motto's "We the North" for god's sake, it's implied that we live in a cold city.

Can't blame Phil Handy for taking a promotion though, location aside.
What about DeRozan dawg?!?!

2018-2019 NBA CHAMPIONS

Rest In Peace The_Hater
Metallikid
RealGM
And1: 9,968

Post#107 » by Metallikid » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:00 am

Metallikid wrote:

If you don't think the temperatures during the summer have anything to do with the temperatures in winter then... well good luck buddy.
Harcore Fenton Mun
RealGM
And1: 7,843

Post#108 » by Harcore Fenton Mun » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:02 am

He doesn't trust the ownership, don't bet on AD as being a lock either.

If Lebron doesn't get his hires, both can force their way out still. The blame stays in LA.
Rap4Life_J
Junior
And1: 97

Post#109 » by Rap4Life_J » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:07 am

Should we steal a development coach from Thunders? Seem like they have their way to develop their young players.
And1Skip
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,893

Post#110 » by And1Skip » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:09 am

Edit: my bad The tweet said he’s getting a promotion good for him
VancouverRaps
Head Coach
And1: 12,856

Post#111 » by VancouverRaps » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:11 am

Shambles

He was one of the reasons why I thought RHJ and SJ could improve here and also help OG bounce back

Plus he’s a good motivator and voice in the locker room
We the Champs
Chevy Chase
Sixth Man
And1: 820

Post#112 » by Chevy Chase » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:11 am

How is he going to do player development from the front bench?
Lord_Zedd
RealGM
And1: 19,899

Post#113 » by Lord_Zedd » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:23 am

Another assistant coach going after Frank Vogel's job
RaptorsNorth
RealGM
And1: 13,757

Post#114 » by RaptorsNorth » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:29 am

It was expected. It happens in every sport! When you win other teams target your guys. It's the same reason why even masai's name was in the mix. I won't be surprise if a team comes for Bobby and throws big money at him.
“Elephant in the room : Nick Thibodeau” Board member seanbig :lol: :lol: :lol:

"THEY'RE SAYING US AND GOLDEN STATE ARE THE SUPER TEAMS" Knicks PG Derrick Rose :lol:
mulamutti
Pro Prospect
And1: 783

Post#115 » by mulamutti » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:30 am

That's what happens to championship teams. The entire team down to coaches and scrubs have a premium value. Makes sense that a few of them sell out.
WuTang_OG
RealGM
And1: 45,768

Post#116 » by WuTang_OG » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:32 am

fk man he was good
MFS
Analyst
And1: 5,327

Post#117 » by MFS » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:33 am

Phil Handy is on an impressive streak himself of finals appearances. I guess you can book the Lakers in the finals.
Credit to Turbo_Zone

Casey again says, "I don't think someone dominated us, I wouldn't use that word."
Danny1616
General Manager
And1: 12,725

Post#118 » by Danny1616 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:49 am

MFS wrote:Phil Handy is on an impressive streak himself of finals appearances. I guess you can book the Lakers in the finals.

Handy is 2-3 in the finals.

McCaw is 3-0.

Good job by Masai.
Dennis 37
RealGM
And1: 17,907

Post#119 » by Dennis 37 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:00 am

His brother Jack Handey on going to LA.

Maxpainmedia:
"NYC has the **** most Two Faced fans, but we ALL loved IQ,, and that is super rare, I've been a Knicks fan for 37 years, this kid is a star and he will snap in Toronto"
NippySudz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,460

Post#120 » by NippySudz » Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:03 am

gojoorange wrote:Damn.

My thoughts exactly.

I thought he was staying because of nick nurse. Sucks to hear that he's gone.

Return to Toronto Raptors