ImageImageImageImageImage

Former Raptor discussion thread 3.0

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

ForeverTFC
RealGM
And1: 15,509

Re: Former Raptor discussion thread 3.0 

Post#101 » by ForeverTFC » Fri Feb 2, 2024 3:01 am

Precious 43 minutes and +7 in a 4 point game. Thibs just unloading minutes on former Raptors :lol:

12pts (5/16), 16 rbds, 4 steals, 2 blocks. Big put back bucket with a minute to go.
Ackshun
General Manager
And1: 4,630

Post#102 » by Ackshun » Fri Feb 2, 2024 3:16 am

ForeverTFC wrote:Precious 43 minutes and +7 in a 4 point game. Thibs just unloading minutes on former Raptors :lol:

12pts (5/16), 16 rbds, 4 steals, 2 blocks. Big put back bucket with a minute to go.

He looked absolutely outstanding on the defensive end tonight.
mdenny
Head Coach
And1: 6,634

Post#103 » by mdenny » Fri Feb 2, 2024 4:02 am

ItsDanger wrote:
Read on Twitter

LOL

Oh look. Here's a recent tweet from the guy you cited 3 days ago in asserting the knives are out:

Read on Twitter
?t=68abPuu60ZVXaE-Tuk-kNA&s=19

The level of troll desperation has never been this low. "Look everyone....a Rockets fan posted something on Twitter. I am LAUGHING OUT LOUD".

I respectfully suggest that the mods step in here
I've never made a private request to a mod because that's not my style. This is ridiculous. When the knicks and pacers lose in the playoffs I'm sure there will be lots of random pacer/knick fans who make tweets about whatever happens with OG and Pascal in the losses. And it would be pathetic if ppl start searching and posting those tweets here too.

You could literally do this with every player in the nba. Ie finding a twitter acct that makes negative comments about player x. This is pure trolling.
mdenny
Head Coach

Post#104 » by mdenny » Fri Feb 2, 2024 4:18 am

Brinbe wrote:
Read on Twitter
?t=3QaCQORvKNjMchg4bVMUhA&s=19

The Fred experience comes for us all lol

Then again....the Malachi flynn experience only came for you lol.

Remember when you spent an entire season insisting Flynn was being held back by Nurse based on a pre-season game against the magic? You were also claiming that flynn and Terence Davis were our "backcourt of the future".

I did a quick search on twitter for a random twitter account hating on Malachi flynn or Terrence Davis. Couldn't find anything. Why not?
ItsDanger
RealGM
And1: 22,576

Post#105 » by ItsDanger » Fri Feb 2, 2024 4:20 am

mdenny wrote:
ItsDanger wrote:
Read on Twitter

LOL

Oh look. Here's a recent tweet from the guy you cited 3 days ago in asserting the knives are out:

Read on Twitter

The level of troll desperation has never been this low. "Look everyone....a Rockets fan posted something on Twitter. I am LAUGHING OUT LOUD".

I've never made a private request to a mod because that's not my style. This is ridiculous. When the knicks and pacers lose in the playoffs I'm sure there will be lots of random pacer/knick fans who make tweets about whatever happens with OG and Pascal in the losses. And it would be pathetic if ppl start searching and posting those tweets here too.

You could literally do this with every player in the nba. Ie finding a twitter acct that makes negative comments about player x. This is pure trolling.

He's a Rockets podcaster with 30K Twitter followers.
Organization can be defined as an organized body of people with a particular purpose. Not random.
sbsat
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,693

Post#106 » by sbsat » Fri Feb 2, 2024 4:41 am

ItsDanger wrote:
mdenny wrote:
ItsDanger wrote:
Read on Twitter

LOL

Read on Twitter

Show me an objective analysis from an nba analyst.. a reputable one.. that supports the notion fred is as awful as the geniuses on real gm say he is. I guess podcaster xyz's opinion matters more? Sure
ItsDanger
RealGM

Post#107 » by ItsDanger » Fri Feb 2, 2024 4:45 am

sbsat wrote:
ItsDanger wrote:
mdenny wrote:

Read on Twitter

Show me an objective analysis from an nba analyst.. a reputable one.. that supports the notion fred is as awful as the geniuses on real gm say he is. I guess podcaster xyz's opinion matters more? Sure

Its OK to disagree with his opinion. Questionable shot selection is a common criticism in NBA. Have better FG% and people won't bring it up. They criticize Green for the same thing, except maybe he's worse.
Organization can be defined as an organized body of people with a particular purpose. Not random.
sbsat
Lead Assistant

Post#108 » by sbsat » Fri Feb 2, 2024 4:50 am

ItsDanger wrote:
sbsat wrote:
ItsDanger wrote:He's a Rockets podcaster with 30K Twitter followers.

Its OK to disagree with his opinion. Questionable shot selection is a common criticism in NBA. Have better FG% and people won't bring it up. They criticize Green for the same thing, except maybe he's worse.

Fred is an inefficient shooter. he does many other things well. He isnt the useless fool ppl on here depict him to be
mdenny
Head Coach

Post#109 » by mdenny » Fri Feb 2, 2024 4:50 am

sbsat wrote:
ItsDanger wrote:
mdenny wrote:

Read on Twitter

It's ridiculous. If ppl want to criticize a former raptor in this thread that is fine. But combing through other team's Twitter fanbases and publishing random tweets is nothing but pure trolling.

I have no doubt that we could do this with pacer twitter after a couple of the first Pascal games. But the troll agenda regarding Pascal is not strong enough for someone to spend their time doing that thankfully.
ItsDanger
RealGM

Post#110 » by ItsDanger » Fri Feb 2, 2024 4:51 am

sbsat wrote:
ItsDanger wrote:
sbsat wrote:

Fred is an inefficient shooter. he does many other things well. He isnt the useless fool ppl on here depict him to be

Well, you agree with his tweet then.
sbsat
Lead Assistant

Post#111 » by sbsat » Fri Feb 2, 2024 4:54 am

ItsDanger wrote:
sbsat wrote:
ItsDanger wrote:Its OK to disagree with his opinion. Questionable shot selection is a common criticism in NBA. Have better FG% and people won't bring it up. They criticize Green for the same thing, except maybe he's worse.

The tweet is questioning his shot selection which i do not agree with. On fact look at Houstons young core they are getting their reps vis a vis shot attempts and usage.
mdenny
Head Coach

Post#112 » by mdenny » Fri Feb 2, 2024 4:58 am

ItsDanger wrote:
sbsat wrote:
ItsDanger wrote:He's a Rockets podcaster with 30K Twitter followers.

People associated with basketball don't bring it up because point guards have the lowest FG% of all the positions. This is due to a variety of factors that have been explained to you multiple times.

The random rocket Twitter account you cited disagrees with you btw:

Read on Twitter
?t=KBxxgfy8_poP5-pfQ9PsKA&s=19

It's actually hilarious that you failed this badly in searching Rockets Twitter for ppl saying bad stuff about fred.

"The knives are out" he says. Perfect.
ItsDanger
RealGM

Post#113 » by ItsDanger » Fri Feb 2, 2024 4:58 am

sbsat wrote:
ItsDanger wrote:
sbsat wrote:Fred is an inefficient shooter. he does many other things well. He isnt the useless fool ppl on here depict him to be

The tweet is questioning his shot selection which i do not agree with. On fact look at Houstons young core they are getting their reps vis a vis shot attempts and usage.

Fred is a catch and shoot guy primarily. When they question shot selection, its contested shots on perimeter and at the rim. That is the cause of the inefficiency, especially when he forces things.
ItsDanger
RealGM

Post#114 » by ItsDanger » Fri Feb 2, 2024 5:01 am

mdenny wrote:
ItsDanger wrote:
sbsat wrote:

People associated with basketball don't bring it up because point guards have the lowest FG% of all the positions. This is due to a variety of factors that have been explained to you multiple times.

The random rocket Twitter account you cited disagrees with you btw:

Read on Twitter
?t=KBxxgfy8_poP5-pfQ9PsKA&s=19

Doesn't disagree with me at all. And posting his response in another tweet is contradictory. Its the same guy. Obviously playing with a guy like Green may make you force things on the court due to lower BBIQ.
mdenny
Head Coach

Post#115 » by mdenny » Fri Feb 2, 2024 5:02 am

ItsDanger wrote:
sbsat wrote:
ItsDanger wrote:Well, you agree with his tweet then.

Fred is a catch and shoot guy primarily. When they question shot selection, its contested shots on perimeter and at the rim. That is the cause of the inefficiency, especially when he forces things.

Catch and shoot guy who has been top 5 in assists for the entire season.

How you are completely ignoring the most important metric for a point guard in favor of FG% is just insane.

It's like ignoring a center's FG% and pointing to their lack of assists.
ItsDanger
RealGM

Post#116 » by ItsDanger » Fri Feb 2, 2024 5:03 am

mdenny wrote:
ItsDanger wrote:
sbsat wrote:

Catch and shoot guy who has been top 5 in assists for the entire season.

The point was about shooting, not assists.
sbsat
Lead Assistant

Post#117 » by sbsat » Fri Feb 2, 2024 5:04 am

ItsDanger wrote:
sbsat wrote:

His fga is the lowest it has been since 2018-19. Hes deferring to the young players like senguin. Why would one question his shots? The rockets young core are getting their reps. Are his decisions re shot selection leading to losses? Last i checked the rockets were expected to be dog shi.t this year but coaching and vet players like fred have elevated them.
Tripod
Head Coach
And1: 6,352

Post#118 » by Tripod » Fri Feb 2, 2024 5:04 am

sbsat wrote:
ItsDanger wrote:
sbsat wrote:Fred is an inefficient shooter. he does many other things well. He isnt the useless fool ppl on here depict him to be

Getting shots and their shot select, can be 2 different things.

I think it was tbe main boards, or our trade thread(can't remember) that had a video of Green's poor shot selection....and it was horrific.

I won't comment on Fred and what he is doing in Houston and his shot selection...but I have an idea....lol.
sbsat
Lead Assistant

Post#119 » by sbsat » Fri Feb 2, 2024 5:08 am

Tripod wrote:
sbsat wrote:

Getting shots and their shot select, can be 2 different things.

I think it was tbe main boards, or our trade thread(can't remember) that had a video of Green's poor shot selection....and it was horrific.

I won't comment on Fred and what he is doing in Houston and his shot selection...but I have an idea....lol.

Jalen green is attempting 1.4 more shots per game on 7 less mpg than fred. I invite you to perhaps jump into the advanced stats to take a look at the quality of shots green is taking vs Fred.. i have an idea on that
dTox
RealGM
And1: 15,924

Post#120 » by dTox » Fri Feb 2, 2024 3:47 pm

A lot of us have said this repeatedly for most of last year, but some refused to admit it, looks like Fred felt the same

Read on Twitter
?t=rG2hDdZYeh_GWV9VysiUMw&s=19

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
TBZ for the win

Return to Toronto Raptors