ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: Raps won; No one Cares

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Scase
RealGM
And1: 7,838

Re: PG: Raps won; No one Cares 

Post#101 » by Scase » Mon Mar 4, 2024 8:09 pm

DelAbbot wrote:
Scase wrote:5pt win over the hornets lol. PUSH FOR THE PLAY IN BOYS!

I think no one, fans, management, coaches, or players are targeting the play in.

There are still fans that think we should be going for it. Maybe less so now with Scottie down, but they still exist. It's the sunk cost fallacy of the pick, people still think we should focus more on making sure the pick conveys this year.

Lord only knows what the hell management is thinking.
Props TZ!
Scase
RealGM

Post#102 » by Scase » Mon Mar 4, 2024 8:30 pm

ash_k wrote:
AkelaLoneWolf wrote:
Los_29 wrote:The more wins the better as it increases our chances of conveying this pick. The Pacers pick is looking better by the day so it’s not like we won’t be in the draft this year.

I hear what you’re saying but part of me thinks we still need a lot of talent. Just giving up a top 10 pick doesn’t sit well with me. Even in a bad draft.

Our starting 5 has 3 top 10 lotto picks with the oldest one entering his prime; and runner up 6th man(25th pick).
Our bench has 2 Lotto picks (Gradey and Ochai)

In Summary, there are 5 lotto picks in our 9-man lineup: All developing with RJ pulling All-Star numbers for everyone to see.
Then proven role players in Bruce Brown(should have traded him) and KO
Then you got IQ post All-Star-game doing 20+pts|5+asts|5+rbs|40+% from 3.. All-StarISH

How much more talent/lotto pick do you think this team needs, with 3 (potential) All-stars on the team already?

None of those players, outside of Scottie, are high end talent. That's the issue. Where they were picked is not important, the reason why giving up a top 10 pick is not great, is because it decreases the likelihood of us finding said high end talent, with no actual gain.

Acting like having more options, and more attempts to hit on a player is a bad thing, is absurd. Assets are assets. I don't care if we had MJ himself, MJ + a top 10 pick > MJ alone.

IQ/RJ are extremely unlikely to blossom into All NBA players, Gradey is a weird mystery as to what he will be, and Ochai lol? Who cares if he was picked 14th, he should've been picked in the 20's. He is a role player, and will likely forever be a role player.

And all those types of players are needed to succeed, but to suggest because we have players picked in the lotto, is a good reason why we shouldn't have more of them, man what in the hell are you talking about? You gonna go tell your boss "nah don't give me a raise, I already make enough money"?
Props TZ!
ash_k
RealGM
And1: 8,839

Post#103 » by ash_k » Mon Mar 4, 2024 9:50 pm

Scase wrote:
ash_k wrote:
AkelaLoneWolf wrote:I hear what you’re saying but part of me thinks we still need a lot of talent. Just giving up a top 10 pick doesn’t sit well with me. Even in a bad draft.

Our starting 5 has 3 top 10 lotto picks with the oldest one entering his prime; and runner up 6th man(25th pick).

In Summary, there are 5 lotto picks in our 9-man lineup: All developing with RJ pulling All-Star numbers for everyone to see.
Then you got IQ post All-Star-game doing 20+pts|5+asts|5+rbs|40+% from 3.. All-StarISH

How much more talent/lotto pick do you think this team needs, with 3 (potential) All-stars on the team already?

None of those players, outside of Scottie, are high end talent. That's the issue. Where they were picked is not important, the reason why giving up a top 10 pick is not great, is because it decreases the likelihood of us finding said high end talent, with no actual gain.

Acting like having more options, and more attempts to hit on a player is a bad thing, is absurd. Assets are assets. I don't care if we had MJ himself, MJ + a top 10 pick > MJ alone.

IQ/RJ are extremely unlikely to blossom into All NBA players, Gradey is a weird mystery as to what he will be, and Ochai lol? Who cares if he was picked 14th, he should've been picked in the 20's. He is a role player, and will likely forever be a role player.

And all those types of players are needed to succeed, but to suggest because we have players picked in the lotto, is a good reason why we shouldn't have more of them, man what in the hell are you talking about? You gonna go tell your boss "nah don't give me a raise, I already make enough money"?

What is funny whenever realgmers make a conclusion about players in their early 20s :lol: :nonono: .

It is important where they picked cause it indicates the talent; then it is about if mentally they can make the next step; and then if coaching can maximize the talent

If Kyle and DeMar can be all-NBA players then so can both IQ&RJ as they are both much more naturally talented; and want to be stars as well.
Many Rapsrealgms think "my team is losing thus it must be that my team doesnt have enough talent"...competitive team sport has never worked this way or else the Lakers and Suns will be top 4 right now. No team is made of lotto picks only.

The main pieces are already in place with high potential (IQ, RJ and Scottie). Now with proper coaching, we need to find out how they play together under the pressure of the playoffs, to find out if they raise their game or crumble under the pressure, to make further decisions.
Sinant wrote:I treat the Phoenix/Cleveland/Boston Shaqs like I do Wizards MJ. Never happened.
Scase
RealGM

Post#104 » by Scase » Mon Mar 4, 2024 10:02 pm

ash_k wrote:
Scase wrote:
ash_k wrote:Our starting 5 has 3 top 10 lotto picks with the oldest one entering his prime; and runner up 6th man(25th pick).

What is funny whenever realgmers make a conclusion about players in their early 20s :lol: :nonono: .

It is important where they picked cause it indicates the talent; then it is about if mentally they can make the next step; and then if coaching can maximize the talent

If Kyle and DeMar can be all-NBA players then so can both IQ&RJ as they are both much more naturally talented than both; and want to be stars as well.
Many Rapsrealgms think "my team is losing thus it must be that my team doesnt have enough talent"...competitive team sport has never worked this way or else the Lakers and Suns will be top 4 right now. No team is made of lotto picks only.

The main pieces are already in place with high potential (IQ, RJ and Scottie). Now with proper coaching, we need to find out how they play together under the pressure of the playoffs, to find out if they raise their game or crumble under the pressure, to make further decisions.

What is funny when people make things up to support their arguments.

I said it was extremely unlikely, not that it is impossible. Where a player is picked is important, to a degree. But, if that's all that mattered, there would never be any busts.

RJ is likely to continue getting better, but using the place he was picked at to justify why he is going to be good makes no sense.

Bargs, Darko, Bennett, Joe Smith, Olowokandi, Kwame, Adam Morrison. All players picked top 3 that were awful.

Being picked high does not necessitate success, and honestly, even IF you were right, why would you still think that we shouldn't want a top 10 pick in the draft? That makes literally no sense.
Props TZ!
Chandan
RealGM
And1: 21,303

Post#105 » by Chandan » Mon Mar 4, 2024 11:08 pm

Scase wrote:
ash_k wrote:
Scase wrote:None of those players, outside of Scottie, are high end talent. That's the issue. Where they were picked is not important, the reason why giving up a top 10 pick is not great, is because it decreases the likelihood of us finding said high end talent, with no actual gain.

If Kyle and DeMar can be all-NBA players then so can both IQ&RJ as they are both much more naturally talented than both; and want to be stars as well.

I said it was extremely unlikely, not that it is impossible. Where a player is picked is important, to a degree. But, if that's all that mattered, there would never be any busts.

RJ is likely to continue getting better, but using the place he was picked at to justify why he is going to be good makes no sense.

Bargs, Darko, Bennett, Joe Smith, Olowokandi, Kwame, Adam Morrison. All players picked top 3 that were awful.

Being picked high does not necessitate success, and honestly, even IF you were right, why would you still think that we shouldn't want a top 10 pick in the draft? That makes literally no sense.

Realgm has gone full circle. Tanker name-dropping past top 3 busts and team compete telling us how draft position matters because it demonstrates talent levels.
Scase
RealGM

Post#106 » by Scase » Mon Mar 4, 2024 11:20 pm

Chandan wrote:
Scase wrote:
ash_k wrote:What is funny whenever realgmers make a conclusion about players in their early 20s :lol: :nonono: .

Realgm has gone full circle. Tanker name-dropping past top 3 busts and team compete telling us how draft position matters because it demonstrates talent levels.

It would honest to god be funny, if it wasn't so dumb lol. I don't think I have ever heard anyone say "Nah we coo, we have enough talent".
Props TZ!
Los_29
RealGM
And1: 12,041

Post#107 » by Los_29 » Tue Mar 5, 2024 12:53 am

AkelaLoneWolf wrote:
Los_29 wrote:The more wins the better as it increases our chances of conveying this pick. The Pacers pick is looking better by the day so it’s not like we won’t be in the draft this year.

I hear what you’re saying but part of me thinks we still need a lot of talent. Just giving up a top 10 pick doesn’t sit well with me. Even in a bad draft.

I don’t like it as well but I’d rather give up this pick than the one next year or in 2026. We would also have a clean slate and not owe any picks.
Chandan
RealGM
And1: 21,303

Post#108 » by Chandan » Tue Mar 5, 2024 5:05 am

Scase wrote:
Chandan wrote:
Scase wrote:What is funny when people make things up to support their arguments.

It would honest to god be funny, if it wasn't so dumb lol. I don't think I have ever heard anyone say "Nah we coo, we have enough talent".

Yeah one thing after Gradey pick, I think I am sold on the FOs ability to identify talent. They have been very good with their top picks overall. Which is all the more reason to make those hits.
SharoneWright
RealGM
And1: 12,541
Location: A low-variance future conducive to raising children

Post#109 » by SharoneWright » Tue Mar 5, 2024 6:10 am

Potential wrote:I care

Is anybody here a marine biologist?
DelAbbot
RealGM
And1: 19,314

Post#110 » by DelAbbot » Tue Mar 5, 2024 3:39 pm

Chandan wrote:
Scase wrote:
ash_k wrote:What is funny whenever realgmers make a conclusion about players in their early 20s :lol: :nonono: .

What happened to we won championship without lottery position players?

Return to Toronto Raptors