ImageImageImageImageImage

Siakam for Towns

Moderators: Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer

Yeezus_
RealGM
And1: 13,746

Re: Siakam for Towns 

Post#121 » by Yeezus_ » Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:18 pm

PushDaRock wrote:Towns had really poor body language out on the floor.

He's talented, but I don't think he can be your best player or leader. He can put up Superstar numbers and do it efficiently, but his impact on winning is yet to be proven.

I agree with this but i think the right team can get him straight
Yeezus_
RealGM
And1: 13,746

Post#122 » by Yeezus_ » Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:21 pm

-AirCanada- wrote:
Yeezus_ wrote:
-AirCanada- wrote:haha

???

Go check his season numbers before you hit me with a “haha” off 1 game where he was returning from injury.

thank the lord you ain't the GM boy

Lmfao arent you the same guy that said Demar is better than Siakam a few games ago? Dont quote me again.
Yeezy SZN approaching
everdiso
General Manager
And1: 10,126

Post#123 » by everdiso » Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:22 pm

The new DeMarcus.

Hard pass.
"I wasn't gonna act surprised - cuz I wasn't surprised."
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,911

Post#124 » by Raps in 4 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:25 pm

Yeezus_ wrote:
Raps in 4 wrote:
Yeezus_ wrote:???

Go check his season numbers before you hit me with a “haha” off 1 game where he was returning from injury.

RPM: 2.17
RAPM: 1.01

He's far from a "legit superstar", or any kind of superstar. He's just a good offensive player. Here is Pascal, for comparison:

RPM: 4.06
RAPM: 2.49

Is Towns a better offensive player than Siakam? Yes, but Pascal is still a productive offensive player himself. Is Siakam a better defensive player than Towns? Yes, by a significant margin (Towns is a putrid defender). Towns is basically a consistent Bargnani.

I'm not sure we even improve by replacing Gasol with Towns. Gasol's defence is arguably more important to the team.
Put KAT in the right environment and he will flourish.

You are also under estimating how significantly better KAT is than Siakam on offense.

Doesnt RPM and RAPM get impacted by the games played?

In any case, put KAT with the same defenders Siakam has on the Raptors and he’ll be fine. The wolves have like 2 above average defenders on that team.

VORP is cumulative. RPM/RAPM don't care how many games you played.
rapswestofthe6
Senior
And1: 802

Post#125 » by rapswestofthe6 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:55 pm

Yeezus_ wrote:
Raps in 4 wrote:
Yeezus_ wrote:???

RPM: 2.17
RAPM: 1.01

He's far from a "legit superstar", or any kind of superstar. He's just a good offensive player. Here is Pascal, for comparison:

RPM: 4.06
RAPM: 2.49

Is Towns a better offensive player than Siakam? Yes, but Pascal is still a productive offensive player himself. Is Siakam a better defensive player than Towns? Yes, by a significant margin (Towns is a putrid defender). Towns is basically a consistent Bargnani.

I'm not sure we even improve by replacing Gasol with Towns. Gasol's defence is arguably more important to the team.
Put KAT in the right environment and he will flourish.

You are also under estimating how significantly better KAT is than Siakam on offense.

Doesnt RPM and RAPM get impacted by the games played?

In any case, put KAT with the same defenders Siakam has on the Raptors and he’ll be fine. The wolves have like 2 above average defenders on that team.

He'll be fine on defense because you say so? The guy doesn't compete on defense. It probably helps his offense out. It's more likely his lazy ass effort on D makes the other 4 guys around him look worse. You're only as good as your weakest link.
will
RealGM
And1: 50,044
Location: Pat's Homestyle Jamaican Restaurant. Shouts to Sheryl's Caribbean Cuisine

Post#126 » by will » Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:15 pm

Can we just delete this thread?
WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 27,297

Post#127 » by WaltFrazier » Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:36 pm

Kat was unimpressive last night except for early 3's. Played poorly as the Raps took over the game.

Also, Embiid owns him
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.
mickie
Rookie
And1: 516

Post#128 » by mickie » Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:48 pm

WaltFrazier wrote:Kat was unimpressive last night except for early 3's. Played poorly as the Raps took over the game.

Also, Embiid owns him

Yup, i don't want to be playing 76ers and our best player is owned by Embiid. Embiid has lot inside KAT's head but currently the Raptors has a farm inside Embiid. Don't wanna change that.
Black Watch
Bench Warmer
And1: 762

Post#129 » by Black Watch » Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:50 am

SFour wrote:KAT's stats are better across the board, I was surprised to see he's averaging 42% from 3pt on 8.5 3PA, that's impressive. I don't think the trade would ever happen though, Siakam wants to be here. I can sense loyalty from him, Toronto is like his 2nd home...and he's only going to get better..I think in 2 more years he'll be a superstar.

He is the greatest 3-point shooting Centre in NBA history. Only a few players are in Towns' neighbourhood, and none of them were shooting stepback 3s off the dribble. What we're watching right now is history in the making.
Black Watch and Hamyltowne, my former usernames, are tartan patterns. Nothing to do with any race or any city.
Black Watch
Bench Warmer

Post#130 » by Black Watch » Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:51 am

Hell yes, we would trade Siakim for Towns!
Black Watch and Hamyltowne, my former usernames, are tartan patterns. Nothing to do with any race or any city.
Black Watch
Bench Warmer

Post#131 » by Black Watch » Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:58 am

Just how good is Karl Anthony Towns?

Black Watch
Bench Warmer

Post#132 » by Black Watch » Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:05 am

His defense is not as bad as you all make it out to be, but his footwork and positioning are bad, he is not the most aware—especially in transition—doesn't change direction well either. But he can protect the rim well when in position—he's good in the post with that length of his.

But his offensive game, with really good playmaking, incredible scoring, and spacing, is so good that I wouldn't think twice about trading Siakim for him.
Rapsalot
Head Coach
And1: 1,647

Post#133 » by Rapsalot » Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:32 am

No one is untouchable by sane management.
This would be easier when PS new contract makes money more balanced.
This would have to be a bigger trade than straight up and it could work well for both teams with some of the other moving parts.

I’m glad the mods have not locked this and are allowing free debate of today topics as we come to trade deadline maybe after this should go in big low read threads.
Raps in 4
RealGM

Post#134 » by Raps in 4 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:11 pm

Black Watch wrote:His defense is not as bad as you all make it out to be, but his footwork and positioning are bad, he is not the most aware—especially in transition—doesn't change direction well either. But he can protect the rim well when in position—he's good in the post with that length of his.

But his offensive game, with really good playmaking, incredible scoring, and spacing, is so good that I wouldn't think twice about trading Siakim for him.

So he's basically a more consistent Bargnani.
Raps in 4
RealGM

Post#135 » by Raps in 4 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:14 pm

Black Watch wrote:Just how good is Karl Anthony Towns?

RAPM/RPM are generally considered to be much more accurate than BPM and PIPM, and they have Towns rated much lower (which matches up with reality, where his teams consistently perform poorly). The jury is still out on RAPTOR due to how new it is.
whoknows
General Manager
And1: 1,495

Post#136 » by whoknows » Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:31 pm

With Siakam alone, Raptors are going nowhere besides tread milling.
To keep up the momentum, I hope Masai is considering all kind of crazy deals that makes Raptors a contender!
Kabookalu
RealGM
And1: 70,114

Post#137 » by Kabookalu » Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:22 pm

Black Watch wrote:His defense is not as bad as you all make it out to be, but his footwork and positioning are bad, he is not the most aware—especially in transition—doesn't change direction well either. But he can protect the rim well when in position—he's good in the post with that length of his.

He has the tools to be a modern day DPOY center. Yes he's not tough, though he has the foot speed and lateral quicks to keep up with most guards. During his rookie year the Wolves were one of few teams that defeated the 73-9 Warriors, and Towns being able to switch onto Curry was one of those reasons. My problem with him is that his defensive effort seems to reflect his mood. He looked like a good defensive anchor to start the year, but when they started losing that's when he let it get to him, and his effort wavered.

With the Raptors, he'd be playing with the best organization and set of players he's ever played with.
Read on Twitter
LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM
And1: 21,205

Post#138 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:25 pm

Raps in 4 wrote:

So he's basically a more consistent Bargnani.

he's what Bargnani would be like if Bargnani was legit one step from superstardom.
raf1995 wrote:I just don’t think he has that kind of potential. I think we will regret not trading him for a haul in a few years when he’s a mid-tier starter with nice playmaking and defense and a shaky jumper.
BC4CB4
Senior
And1: 506

Post#139 » by BC4CB4 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:30 pm

KAT is awesome. But no. Pascal is untouchable.
"If I ever get real rich, I hope I'm not mean to poor people, like I am now."
-- Jack Handey

"The amount of people who confuse "to" and "too" is amazing two me."
-- Will Ferrell
Senbonzakura
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,934

Post#140 » by Senbonzakura » Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:44 pm

This would be an even better and shrewder version of the DeRozan for Kawhi trade.

Siakam's better than DeRozan defensively for sure, but offensively basically the same ****. His scoring numbers and efficiency are right in the territory DeRozan's were and he'll be swallowed whole in the playoffs masquerading as a #1 option. Also because of his mediocre ability to shoot, he isn't really a great fit with other superstars on the offensive end (on defense he's fine).

Towns would fit like a glove with Giannis and is one of the best 6 or 7 offensive players in the league. No brainer if you can get him for Siakam+ add ons you absolutely pull the trigger.

Return to Toronto Raptors