ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: Cack gets it done.

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Spartan13
Banned User
And1: 1

Re: PG: Cack gets it done. 

Post#121 » by Spartan13 » Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:58 am

Choker wrote:I said this before, I live in LA County so I get Clippers and Lakers games all the time, and Baron Davis is basically like Sonny Weems except with better ballhandling and passing. He'll shoot you out of games with his awful shot selection and he has excellent court vision but it is put to waste with his chucking. I'd rather trust Eric Gordon run the team than Barons Davis.

Shhhh, don't wake the Raptor fans up to reality (We think Bosh disrupts the offense with his bad shot selection).
Tofubeque
RealGM
And1: 14,204

Post#122 » by Tofubeque » Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:00 am

Wow, Hedo got another 7 assists tonight? He sure racks those up quietly.

Re: Jose, it's true this is only one game. Though I'd say he's put together about 4 pretty good games so far: this one, 18 pts in back to back wins vs. Chicago and LA (16-24 shooting), and 16 pts against Dever (6-8 shooting) with 7 assists
props Turbozone
ATLTimekeeper
RealGM
And1: 22,062

Post#123 » by ATLTimekeeper » Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:09 am

This team reminds me of the Iverson Nuggets. Not in terms of pace, but that we're pretty soft.

That killer instinct comes out in the 4th when it should be in the 3rd.

On the game itself:

-I thought Hansborough got away with a lot of stuff.
-Indiana was incredibly disorganized on both ends of the floor. They need a coaching change, because they have pretty good talent.
-Rasho was great on offense, a little slow on defense.
-Belinelli was great.
-Force fed Bosh touches in the 3rd, not sure that was our best bet. Kind of lazy, but on the flip side Bosh came up huge on defense. He's really picked it up the past few games.
-Andrea played about one quarter of basketball, but he was pretty huge in the 4th. Had a couple of big offensive rebounds.
-I love how we're up by ten in the 4th and Jay brings in Jose and Bosh, leaves in Belinelli. So, when we need defense, Jay comes up with a line-up of Bargs, Bosh, Beli, Jack and Jose. We're not climbing out of this hole anytime soon.
-I should add Antoine Wright had 16 minutes of shame tonight, but to his credit Granger shied away from him all game. I'm pretty sure all of Danny's shot attempts were jumpers.
redred9
Assistant Coach
And1: 66

Post#124 » by redred9 » Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:15 am

Re: we're the new Golden State Warriors.

I watched the Warriors/Mavs game today, and we're nothing like that. The Warriors (really undermanned i admit) to me play UGLY basketball. They run up and down exactly like it's a summer league game, and their strategy is to trick you into doing the same thing. - Dallas fell for it today- They commit careless turnovers, they continually jack threes with 18 secs left on the clock, there's little structure, honestly it is terrible basketball. Sure Monta is fun to watch, but he's more like a Steve Francis stats and nothing else guy than anything else.

Nah, at least our offence is developing good structure. A trade or two here, some player development there & we can be middle of the pack defensively. We aint no Warriors- thank goodness.
Salted Meat
Starter
And1: 1,572

Post#125 » by Salted Meat » Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:17 am

PopsMensahBonsu wrote:Raptors suck, F this team. Its pretty sad when you have to be on fire offensively to beat the bloody pacers. I want to see defense

I hear the Bobcats need some fans...
danny-callahan
Head Coach
And1: 84

Post#126 » by danny-callahan » Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:19 am

We're soft, but I think that's pretty much common knowledge at this point. I'm just not sure this personnel has, or will ever have it in them to bring the grit, hustle and smarts that are needed to win consistently in this league. We have completely blown 20+ point leads twice now. Not good.

Of course I'm happy about the win, but there were things I saw tonight that left me shaking my head.
MrBojangelz71
Banned User
And1: 929

Post#127 » by MrBojangelz71 » Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:22 am

PopsMensahBonsu wrote:Raptors suck, F this team. Its pretty sad when you have to be on fire offensively to beat the bloody pacers. I want to see defense

Ahhhh, upset because Pops didn't see any floor time. STFU!
MrBojangelz71
Banned User

Post#128 » by MrBojangelz71 » Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:24 am

danny-callahan wrote:We're soft, but I think that's pretty much common knowledge at this point. I'm just not sure this personnel has, or will ever have it in them to bring the grit, hustle and smarts that are needed to win consistently in this league. We have completely blown 20+ point leads twice now. Not good.

Of course I'm happy about the win, but there were things I saw tonight that left me shaking my head.

Blown means we gave up a lead. They were never closer than 7, possibly 5, at any point.
danny-callahan
Head Coach
And1: 84

Post#129 » by danny-callahan » Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:27 am

MrBojangelz71 wrote:
danny-callahan wrote:We're soft, but I think that's pretty much common knowledge at this point. I'm just not sure this personnel has, or will ever have it in them to bring the grit, hustle and smarts that are needed to win consistently in this league. We have completely blown 20+ point leads twice now. Not good.

Blown means we gave up a lead. They were never closer than 7, possibly 5, at any point.

They scored 39 in the 3rd quarter. Are you really going to try and justify that? :lol:

Look, I'm happy we won the game, but to completely ignore what was going on is foolish .
almatic
Veteran
And1: 1,713

Post#130 » by almatic » Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:32 am

You should watch the defense-first Raptors coached by Kevin O'Neill from a few seasons ago! They averaged like 50 ppg & won soooo much!!!

:D
cinnamon
Starter
And1: 1

Post#131 » by cinnamon » Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:35 am

Marco is a great joy. His basketball smarts combined with his fearlessness and his unselfishness make him my favourite player this year.
I also think Amir is wonderful, and it was such a relief to see both of them in game shape again tonight, doing their thing.
Marco and Amir have a good sense of how each other plays. I love Marco's crazy passes to Amir when he is cutting. Brilliant.
Jose is a real asset to this team. He needs to do man-on defense the way he did it with TJ tonight, in other games --- maybe watch some tape and get used to the movements of particular point guards around the league. But he is a great asset, a total team player.
If only we could have all those Turkish fans travel around with the team and attend every game --- I'd love to see Hedo play like this every time. He was lighting it up in every column.
I've always been a Bargnani fan, and probably always will be. When he is on, he is beautiful to watch.
One of the things I love about this team is that Colangelo has added so many players who are real team players, unselfish and hardworking. The ball movement is a joy to behold.
I really had fun watching that game tonight. I hope there will be many more that are that much fun to watch. As long as the Raptors win, it's even a pleasure to watch someone as deft as Danny Granger. (As nice a guy as Joey Graham was, it still aches a little that we passed on Granger because of some stupid rumour about his knees.)
MrBojangelz71
Banned User

Post#132 » by MrBojangelz71 » Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:36 am

danny-callahan wrote:
MrBojangelz71 wrote:

They scored 39 in the 3rd quarter. Are you really going to try and justify that? :lol:

Look, I'm happy we won the game, but to completely ignore what was going on is foolish .

We played one bad quarter, NEWS FLASH, the NBA is a game of runs. This team has shown lapses in its' wins but at least they have learned to limit it to 12 minutes of play.

I'm not ignoring that we came out stagnate in the 3rd. Bottom line is we outplayed them 3 quarter to 1. Factor in that their big run was nothing more than a bunch of Granger contested shots, most threes, and I would say that we didn't do all that bad.

We won by 11 and that's all the justification needed.
99 Problems
Banned User
And1: 7

Post#133 » by 99 Problems » Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:37 am

As usual, bad D and good offense.. At least we were able to score pretty easily.. Hopefully Bargnani will be able to step it up even more tomorrow, we'll need him..

Boston on Friday is going to be the big test though.. We're due for a win against a good team, but this might be tough considering how bad our D is and how good the Celtics are..
Mr.Raptorsingh
RealGM
And1: 27,924

Post#134 » by Mr.Raptorsingh » Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:39 am

You know what, I'd actually like to see Belinelli ISO a little bit, and have him create. I know we have Turkoglu for that, but I think Marco can get all the way to the rim, and draw fouls like he did tonight, whereas Turk tends to pull-up from midrange or shoot floaters off-glass. Although, to Turkoglu's credit, he will take the driving lane if it's presented, but Belinelli draws contact more frequently. I think that's the difference.

Really, we have two ISO guys from the perimeter in Turkoglu and Belinelli. That's already more than what we had last year--which was 0.
koolguy
Sixth Man
And1: 151

Post#135 » by koolguy » Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:47 am

going at it with ford must have really induced the cacks' performance who usually are soft but went hard tonight.
Kayjay
Banned User
And1: 180

Post#136 » by Kayjay » Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:47 am

Belinelli is an awesome playmaker off isos.

He's just such a dreamy basketball player.
Str33t_Fight3r
Bench Warmer
And1: 0

Post#137 » by Str33t_Fight3r » Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:55 am

Raps fan till I die

"You know it's funny when it rains it pours
They got money for wars, but can't feed the poor" - Tupac Shakur

There's no "D" in Toronto Raptors...but there's a crap load of "O's"
Garmfay
Assistant Coach
And1: 510

Post#138 » by Garmfay » Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:57 am

Went to the game, great game, loads of offense. I'm gonna keep my sig since they have played well since I put that sig on
Credit to Turbo_Zone
"The Lion does not concern himself with the opinion of the sheep"
Raptor_Guy
General Manager
And1: 3,072

Post#139 » by Raptor_Guy » Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:02 am

Looking at the standings, does anyone realize how easy it could be to get the 5 seed if the Raptors actually just play to their potential?

Looking at the teams above us (Milwaukee and Miami) I can't really say either of them is more talented than the Raptors, just comes down to playing hard and playing defence I guess.
Ramen Monster
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Post#140 » by Ramen Monster » Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:22 am

Phenomenologist wrote:Is this Cack thing really going to become a "thing". I really hope not.

Panac, Darrick Murray, and now, Cack.

Return to Toronto Raptors