ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Scottie Barnes Thread 2

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, Morris_Shatford, DG88, HiJiNX, niQ, Reeko, lebron stopper

Jcity08
RealGM
And1: 16,410

Re: Official Scottie Barnes Thread 2 

Post#141 » by Jcity08 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 2:50 am

I think it being his first season as well, he is still getting used to the regular season grind, he'll get his legs under him in the next few season. We are a good team usually at managing the health of our players.

Signed with team T.W.O for the 2022-23 2023-24 2024-25 season.
Dude-niagara
Bench Warmer
And1: 984

Post#142 » by Dude-niagara » Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:04 am

720 wrote:
Dude-niagara wrote:
VC15Era wrote:he had a chance to be a legit ROTY canadidate until I saw him have to guard C's... should of been a developmental year not the Freddy/Pascal/Trent show.. him camping in the corners isn't his game either... not sure wtf is going on.

Loved like a all star to start the season and then Siakam showed up,

Siakam and Barnes can coexist. It's Fred taking control of 30-40 possessions a game that's the problem. Lots of ball watching for the rookie.

Nope Siakam and Barnes play the same position which forces Barnes to the corner now a glorified garbage man. You can book it now, as he continues to stand around watching more people/fans will continue to crap on him and they will destroy that kid.
RealGM
And1: 66,590

Post#143 » by 720 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:08 am

Dude-niagara wrote:
720 wrote:
Dude-niagara wrote:
Loved like a all star to start the season and then Siakam showed up,

Siakam and Barnes can coexist. It's Fred taking control of 30-40 possessions a game that's the problem. Lots of ball watching for the rookie.

Nope Siakam and Barnes play the same position which forces Barnes to the corner now a glorified garbage man. You can book it now, as he continues to stand around watching more people/fans will continue to crap on him and they will destroy that kid.

There are people that have been crapping on him even when he played well (mainly people that are Fred Vanvleet fanboys) so I wouldn’t be surprised.
Chandan
RealGM
And1: 21,499

Post#144 » by Chandan » Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:13 am

damn looks like Cade has taken over Barnes on the rookie ladder again. Throwing Cade into the fire earlier in the season is paying off.
Dude-niagara
Bench Warmer

Post#145 » by Dude-niagara » Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:14 am

720 wrote:
Dude-niagara wrote:
720 wrote:Siakam and Barnes can coexist. It's Fred taking control of 30-40 possessions a game that's the problem. Lots of ball watching for the rookie.

There are people that have been crapping on him even when he played well (mainly people that are Fred Vanvleet fanboys) so I wouldn’t be surprised.

Terrible, I think this season is done for Scottie. Masai will see what Fred & Siakam can do. Maybe next season, but he needs to work this offseason and be prepared to take it from those two because they are not going to allow some young player to still their stage.
RealGM

Post#146 » by 720 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:15 am

Dude-niagara wrote:
720 wrote:
Dude-niagara wrote:

Terrible, I think this season is done for Scottie. Masai will see what Fred & Siakam can do. Maybe next season, but he needs to work this offseason and be prepared to take it from those two because they are not going to allow some young player to still their stage.

Fred is an expiring contract looking for his next big payday next season so expect more of the same from him next year. :nonono:
DreamTeam09
RealGM
And1: 9,281

Post#147 » by DreamTeam09 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:16 am

You guys are just all over the place with your expectations. Any of the top 5 picks would end up in the same role as Barnes, even Mobley on our squad. Mobley would be relegated to screens and roles and garbage pts. Cade wouldn't have the ball in his as much on this squad either. If you're expectations are guns blazing for our rookie, then that's on you. We have a system and players get integrated into our system, we don't just give free reign, especially to youngns

In Raptor Ball I Trust
OakleyDokely
RealGM
And1: 65,176

Post#148 » by OakleyDokely » Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:16 am

Chandan wrote:damn looks like Cade has taken over Barnes on the rookie ladder again. Throwing Cade into the fire earlier in the season is paying off.
Is he even shooting 40% from the field yet?
DreamTeam09
RealGM

Post#149 » by DreamTeam09 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:18 am

I hate it, steal their stage? What the hell are you guys talking about, you guys wish so bad that we are the OKC thunder huh, my goodness. What wouldve happened to you guys if we drafted Suggs, ape **** crazy

In Raptor Ball I Trust
Dude-niagara
Bench Warmer

Post#150 » by Dude-niagara » Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:27 am

720 wrote:
Dude-niagara wrote:
720 wrote:There are people that have been crapping on him even when he played well (mainly people that are Fred Vanvleet fanboys) so I wouldn’t be surprised.

Fred is an expiring contract looking for his next big payday next season so expect more of the same from him next year. :nonono:

Fred has been great shooting the basketball and Raptors will need to pay him(been really good), not sure who they keep because you cannot pay everyone. Barnes will need to wait his turn and maybe that comes next season, part of the problem of reduced attempts is he is too pass happy. The opposite of most of the core players and he will learn that you need to get yours or you end up putting up scrub level stats like we have seen since the Nets game.
RealGM

Post#151 » by 720 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:32 am

Dude-niagara wrote:
720 wrote:
Dude-niagara wrote:

Fred has been great shooting the basketball and Raptors will need to pay him(been really good), not sure who they keep because you cannot pay everyone. Barnes will need to wait his turn and maybe that comes next season, part of the problem of reduced attempts is he is too pass happy. The opposite of most of the core players and he will learn that you need to get yours or you end up putting up scrub level stats like we have seen since the Nets game.

There should be no hierarchy or waiting turns. Fred and Siakam had their shot for the last 2 years. But here we are, the third year of giving Fred and Siakam the ultimate green light while our top rookie is relegated to Reggie Evans esque clean up duty.
everdiso
General Manager
And1: 10,140

Post#152 » by everdiso » Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:34 am

Barnes is getting lots and lots of ball.
"I wasn't gonna act surprised - cuz I wasn't surprised."
Dude-niagara
Bench Warmer

Post#153 » by Dude-niagara » Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:48 am

720 wrote:
Dude-niagara wrote:
720 wrote:Fred is an expiring contract looking for his next big payday next season so expect more of the same from him next year. :nonono:

There should be no hierarchy or waiting turns. Fred and Siakam had their shot for the last 2 years. But here we are, the third year of giving Fred and Siakam the ultimate green light while our top rookie is relegated to Reggie Evans esque clean up duty.

Well plenty of people getting excited beating teams missing all their top players and that is getting them positive attention meanwhile fans crap on Scottie for his garbage man scrub stats. Hard to score big numbers when you are getting 6-10 shots a night, I just look at what he was doing before Siakam returned as more accurate totals and what to expect. You give Scottie 20-25 shots a night and he puts up just as good PPG totals as Siakam. Fred is different because he is such a good 3 point shooter
Dude-niagara
Bench Warmer

Post#154 » by Dude-niagara » Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:51 am

720 wrote:
Dude-niagara wrote:
720 wrote:Fred is an expiring contract looking for his next big payday next season so expect more of the same from him next year. :nonono:

Plenty of people getting excited beating teams missing all their top players and that is getting them positive attention meanwhile fans crap on Scottie for his garbage man scrub stats. Hard to score big numbers when you are getting 6-10 shots a night, I just look at what he was doing before Siakam returned as more accurate reading and what to expect. You give Scottie 20-25 shots a night and he puts up just as good PPG totals as Siakam. Fred is different because he is such a good 3 point shooter, either way i look for Scottie's total to hit rock bottom because they will continue to ice him and he will begin to get even less attempts. The vets know exactly what their doing
Chandan
RealGM
And1: 21,499

Post#155 » by Chandan » Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:02 am

DreamTeam09 wrote:You guys are just all over the place with your expectations. Any of the top 5 picks would end up in the same role as Barnes, even Mobley on our squad. Mobley would be relegated to screens and roles and garbage pts. Cade wouldn't have the ball in his as much on this squad either. If you're expectations are guns blazing for our rookie, then that's on you. We have a system and players get integrated into our system, we don't just give free reign, especially to youngns

And yet mobley and cade would end up better players because of the situations they are in if scottie is kept being held back.
Los_29
RealGM
And1: 12,202

Post#156 » by Los_29 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:20 am

Chandan wrote:
DreamTeam09 wrote:You guys are just all over the place with your expectations. Any of the top 5 picks would end up in the same role as Barnes, even Mobley on our squad. Mobley would be relegated to screens and roles and garbage pts. Cade wouldn't have the ball in his as much on this squad either. If you're expectations are guns blazing for our rookie, then that's on you. We have a system and players get integrated into our system, we don't just give free reign, especially to youngns

And yet mobley and cade would end up better players because of the situations they are in if scottie is kept being held back.

Aren’t Mobley and Cade playing in Detroit and Cleveland? Scottie is in a better situation than any rookie in the lottery.
DreamTeam09
RealGM

Post#157 » by DreamTeam09 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:42 am

Chandan wrote:

Well FVV Pascal and OG have all developed way better than expected, so if Barnes is as talented and works hard, I have no doubts he will exceed expectations too.

In Raptor Ball I Trust
mdenny
Head Coach
And1: 6,672

Post#158 » by mdenny » Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:38 am

Dude-niagara wrote:
720 wrote:
Dude-niagara wrote:

You can pay everyone. We can go into the lux tax. This team doesn't currently justify it....but if by this time next year we are a top 3 seed then certainly.....we can choose to pay everyone and go into the luxury tax.
mdenny
Head Coach
And1: 6,672

Post#159 » by mdenny » Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:39 am

Dude-niagara wrote:
720 wrote:
Dude-niagara wrote:

You can pay everyone. We can go into the lux tax. This team doesn't currently justify it....but if by this time next year we are a top 3 seed or something like that (unlikely but still) then certainly.....we can choose to pay everyone and go into the luxury tax.
Kingsway_fan
RealGM
And1: 9,085

Post#160 » by Kingsway_fan » Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:46 am

Chandan wrote:damn looks like Cade has taken over Barnes on the rookie ladder again. Throwing Cade into the fire earlier in the season is paying off.

He will run away with Roy, or at worst be in a battle with Mobley....

Scottie has a lot of work to do on his game and he is not the focal point of this team.. Fred and pascal are.

Return to Toronto Raptors