ImageImageImageImageImage

Pascal as a #2 = back to ECF

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, Morris_Shatford, DG88, HiJiNX, niQ, Reeko, lebron stopper

TorontoBarneys
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,642

Re: Pascal as a #2 = back to ECF 

Post#141 » by TorontoBarneys » Wed May 22, 2024 9:43 pm

Scase wrote:
duppyy wrote:Do we really need 4 Siakam threads on the first page? Move on people.

Duffman100 wrote:
Scase wrote:Didn't stop you from suggesting it was locked for being a duplicate then, did it? While at the same time clearly suggesting that being a duplicate is a reason for a thread to be locked, and here we come back around full circle.

3 redundant threads, all with the same arguments going around in circles, kept open. :dontknow:

It's the offseason , things are a bit more chill and the mods are more lenient. We also don't really care about your irrational siakam hate.

Apply to be a moderator though! Then you can enforce the rules

I should make a 5th Siakam thread. Could be fun.
metafisical
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,941

Post#142 » by metafisical » Wed May 22, 2024 10:54 pm

duppyy wrote:Do we really need 4 Siakam threads on the first page? Move on people.

Lol it's okay. Some people still feel very triggered and need more time to de-escalate. I compare it to being dumped unexpectedly. Some people need time to process, go through all the myriad possibilities of why this happened, go through the 10,000 stages of grief, and possibly get over it in the months, years or decades ahead.

For others, it's a simple process of: "I got dumped? Cool. Time to move on...".
I acknowledge and thank the lək̓ʷəŋən peoples of the Songhees, Esquimalt and W̱SÁNEĆ First Nations for allowing me to live, work and play on their unceded traditional territories.
Oakvillehoops
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,041

Post#143 » by Oakvillehoops » Thu May 23, 2024 3:08 pm

Let’s get real, this is the weakest eastern conference, specifically due to the injuries that I’ve ever seen.

Boston is the only healthy legit team out there, and even they tend to be chokers.
Live Free
General Manager
And1: 2,854

Post#144 » by Live Free » Sun May 26, 2024 3:23 am

2pts in the fourth qtr again .. in the ECF down 2-0 without your best player in Haliburton ..

It’s blatant he does all his work early and hopes daddy brings them home in the 4th .. we were going to super max this guy .. lol

No other “superstar” would get away with these 4th qtr no shows
Mikistan
RealGM
And1: 38,510

Post#145 » by Mikistan » Sun May 26, 2024 3:28 am

Oakvillehoops wrote:Let’s get real, this is the weakest eastern conference, specifically due to the injuries that I’ve ever seen.

Boston is the only healthy legit team out there, and even they tend to be chokers.

They aren't even healthy they missing porzingis...
bballsparkin
RealGM
And1: 7,701

Post#146 » by bballsparkin » Sun May 26, 2024 3:29 am

Mikistan wrote:
Oakvillehoops wrote:Let’s get real, this is the weakest eastern conference, specifically due to the injuries that I’ve ever seen.

Well,...it's Porzingis...so basically healthy
LoveMyRaps
RealGM
And1: 43,900

Post#147 » by LoveMyRaps » Sun May 26, 2024 3:53 am

I think Siakam exerts himself too much in the early goings and tires himself out by the end of games.
In Masai We Trust :meditate:
LoveMyRaps
RealGM
And1: 43,900

Post#148 » by LoveMyRaps » Sun May 26, 2024 3:53 am

bballsparkin wrote:
Mikistan wrote:

Porzingis has had an all-star season. He takes the Celtics to another level.
In Masai We Trust :meditate:
bballsparkin
RealGM
And1: 7,701

Post#149 » by bballsparkin » Sun May 26, 2024 3:55 am

LoveMyRaps wrote:
Porzingis has had an all-star season. He takes the Celtics to another level.

So did Zion and Kawhi. :D
metafisical
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,941

Post#150 » by metafisical » Sun May 26, 2024 4:03 am

LoveMyRaps wrote:I think Siakam exerts himself too much in the early goings and tires himself out by the end of games.

Sounds like many of us when sexing
I acknowledge and thank the lək̓ʷəŋən peoples of the Songhees, Esquimalt and W̱SÁNEĆ First Nations for allowing me to live, work and play on their unceded traditional territories.
will
RealGM
And1: 50,453
Location: Pat's Homestyle Jamaican Restaurant. Shouts to Sheryl's Caribbean Cuisine

Post#151 » by will » Sun May 26, 2024 2:17 pm

bballsparkin wrote:
Mikistan wrote:

OOF.

Young Taps is never going to be able to get rid of the injury prone tag. Shame.
Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 65,085

Post#152 » by Duffman100 » Sun May 26, 2024 2:41 pm

LoveMyRaps wrote:I think Siakam exerts himself too much in the early goings and tires himself out by the end of games.

Agreed. He also has a habit of picking up just dumb fouls that limit his ability to aggressive later.
will
RealGM
And1: 50,453
Location: Pat's Homestyle Jamaican Restaurant. Shouts to Sheryl's Caribbean Cuisine

Post#153 » by will » Sun May 26, 2024 2:45 pm

Which is why you don't throw the max at a guy in their age 30-35 seasons. Still hasn't figured out the basics yet.
bluerap23
Head Coach
And1: 6,762

Post#154 » by bluerap23 » Sun May 26, 2024 3:40 pm

I don't get the hate. He has been very good for Indy. 22 on 57.5efg this playoffs. He is a solid number 2. You put him on a true contender as #2 and they are good. Indy just isn't that good, especially without Hali. There are probably a bunch of teams that wish they would have made that trade.
WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 27,807

Post#155 » by WaltFrazier » Sun May 26, 2024 4:06 pm

TorontoBarneys wrote:
Scase wrote:

Duffman100 wrote:
It's the offseason , things are a bit more chill and the mods are more lenient. We also don't really care about your irrational siakam hate.

Apply to be a moderator though! Then you can enforce the rules

I should make a 5th Siakam thread. Could be fun.

I don't know about 4-5 threads but this one and the thread with Superstar in the title are the exact same thread. But I won't suggest merging them, or locking one, in case that would be the dreaded back seat moderating.

Anyway I vote for more OG threads and fewer Pascal's. :lol:
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.
Indeed
RealGM
And1: 3,149

Post#156 » by Indeed » Sun May 26, 2024 4:22 pm

will wrote:Which is why you don't throw the max at a guy in their age 30-35 seasons. Still hasn't figured out the basics yet.

Hmm, still hasnt figured out the basics yet.
Not sure who else deserves the max.
Barnes?
Chandan
RealGM
And1: 21,513

Post#157 » by Chandan » Sun May 26, 2024 4:38 pm

bluerap23 wrote:I don't get the hate. He has been very good for Indy. 22 on 57.5efg this playoffs. He is a solid number 2. You put him on a true contender as #2 and they are good. Indy just isn't that good, especially without Hali. There are probably a bunch of teams that wish they would have made that trade.

I don't agree. A solid number 2 guy would be a guy like kyrie or jayden Brown.
You replace them with Siakam on their respective team those teams wouldn't be nearly as good.

Siakam should ideally be a #3 guy. That makes him an more opportunistic scorer while he can concentrate on defense and making hustle plays.
WaltFrazier
RealGM

Post#158 » by WaltFrazier » Sun May 26, 2024 4:40 pm

Indeed wrote:
will wrote:Which is why you don't throw the max at a guy in their age 30-35 seasons. Still hasn't figured out the basics yet.

Hmm, still hasnt figured out the basics yet.
Not sure who else deserves the max.
Barnes?

I think in saying, hasn't figured out the basics yet, Will was referring back to Duff's comment about Pascal getting early fouls too often.

I think.
WaltFrazier
RealGM

Post#159 » by WaltFrazier » Sun May 26, 2024 4:46 pm

Chandan wrote:
bluerap23 wrote:I don't get the hate. He has been very good for Indy. 22 on 57.5efg this playoffs. He is a solid number 2. You put him on a true contender as #2 and they are good. Indy just isn't that good, especially without Hali. There are probably a bunch of teams that wish they would have made that trade.

You replace them with Siakam on their respective team those teams wouldn't be nearly as good.

Siakam should ideally be a #3 guy. That makes him an more opportunistic scorer while he can concentrate on defense and making hustle plays.

So there should be one more thread: Pascal as a #3 = Back to the ECF
Clay Davis
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,862

Post#160 » by Clay Davis » Sun May 26, 2024 5:22 pm

WaltFrazier wrote:
Chandan wrote:

So there should be one more thread: Pascal as a #3 = Back to the ECF

Let $s$ be an element of the set $S = [3]\backslash \{0\} = \{1,2,3\}$. Let $P: S \rightarrow \{0,1\}$ be a binary function representing Pascal Siakam's ability to take his team to the Eastern Conference Finals. In this paper we put forth the conjecture that $P(s_0) = 1$ if $s_0 \neq 1$ and $0$ otherwise. This question and questions related to it are extremely relevant to numerous standing applications of triangular arrays of binomial coefficients, which have historically been essential to the algebraic study of polynomials. It is the hope of the authors that the present study will motivate further research in Pascalian Rizz Theory.
Steelo Green wrote:All happy families are alike; each unhappy family is unhappy in its own way.

Return to Toronto Raptors