ImageImageImageImageImage

Official NBA General Discussion 2023-24 V2.0

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, Morris_Shatford, DG88, HiJiNX, niQ, Reeko, lebron stopper

Dalek
RealGM
And1: 9,712

Re: Official NBA General Discussion 2023-24 V2.0 

Post#1521 » by Dalek » Wed May 22, 2024 4:37 pm

Duffman100 wrote:Who was the poster that was adamantly telling me that Keldon Johnson was part of the spurs future.

Dude is empty calories

I don't know if I'd say a guy who has a 16 DRB% and 57 TS% is empty calories.

I think they made an offensive shift when they drafted Wemby.

Keldon averaged 22 in 2022-23 and that dropped to 16 in 2023-24 primarily because they shifted him to a bench role. Him finding a space in that offense is tough and they obviously like Vassell to replace him because of the defense and outside shooting.

Ultimately, he can be a high end role player like Bruce Brown with way more scoring juice. Still only 24 - he might be a guy the Raps have interest in adding if they want more scoring depth, but I prefer that no picks go out, and most likely the Spurs will be asking for picks back.

He does seem like a guy the Knicks would love if they strike out on acquiring Mitchell, Garland or D. Murray.
OakleyDokely
RealGM
And1: 65,176

Post#1522 » by OakleyDokely » Wed May 22, 2024 4:52 pm

The Spurs young core around Wemby is pretty meh for a team that's been in the lottery for 4 years. Their picks since 2021: Devin Vassell, Tre Jones, Joe Wieskamp, Joshua Primo, Blake Wesley, Malaki Branham, Jeremy Sochan, Sidy Cissoko and of course Wemby.

If they got unlucky like DET and picked 5th instead, replacing Wemby with a Thompson twin would probably mean they'd have one of the worst rosters in the entire league without much highend upside.
Dalek
RealGM

Post#1523 » by Dalek » Wed May 22, 2024 6:28 pm

I am terrified that the Nets will trade Mikhail Bridges to NY for some package involving Randle and tons of picks. If that happens, the Knicks will be pretty scary for years to come. The Villanova reunion is real.

I was a bit suspicious when Bridges went on a podcast and mentioned OG as a player who needed to have a new start and be featured more prior to him being traded to NY. If this trade happens and they have a Brunson, Bridges, OG, Hart core group they have a great core group around Brunson. If they resign Hartenstein they are pretty set.
WuTang_OG
RealGM
And1: 45,762

Post#1524 » by WuTang_OG » Wed May 22, 2024 6:29 pm

kings lol .. $10M for him. Owners likely baulking

Read on Twitter

Monte McNair and Wes Wilcox are tasked with managing the busy offseason, but there is one more piece to the overall puzzle that must be resolved -- the future of head coach Mike Brown, who is entering the final year of his contract.

There have been rumors about what Brown is looking for in an extension since the season ended. A report from Anthony Slater and Sam Amick of The Athletic put the number in the $10-12 million range last month. Jake Fischer of Yahoo! Sports added this tidbit earlier in the week, “Brown’s talks are expected to center around a similar eight-figure threshold.”

In his first season at the helm of the Kings, Brown led the team to an 18-game improvement over the previous season, pushed his team to a third place finish in the Western Conference standings and took home the NBA’s Coach of the Year honor. He also helped snap a 16-season playoff drought and posted just the ninth .500 or better record since the team moved to Sacramento before the 1985-86 season.

Brown backed up year one with a 46-36 record in year two, but the Kings fell short of the playoffs, falling in the second of two play-in tournament games. The failure to repeat the success of the previous year hasn’t sat well with ownership, according to sources.

This shouldn’t be a complicated matter, but like everything else in Sacramento, it is.
WuTang_OG
RealGM

Post#1525 » by WuTang_OG » Wed May 22, 2024 6:31 pm

Dalek wrote:I am terrified that the Nets will trade Mikhail Bridges to NY for some package involving Randle and tons of picks. If that happens, the Knicks will be pretty scary for years to come. The Villanova reunion is real.

I was a bit suspicious when Bridges went on a podcast and mentioned OG as a player who needed to have a new start and be featured more prior to him being traded to NY. If this trade happens and they have a Brunson, Bridges, OG, Hart core group they have a great core group around Brunson. If they resign Hartenstein they are pretty set.

I have a hard time seeing BRK dealing with the Knicks but who knows. BRK should make a deal with HOU and get all their picks back so they can re-set their future plans properly
Dalek
RealGM

Post#1526 » by Dalek » Wed May 22, 2024 9:27 pm

WuTang_OG wrote:
Dalek wrote:I am terrified that the Nets will trade Mikhail Bridges to NY for some package involving Randle and tons of picks. If that happens, the Knicks will be pretty scary for years to come. The Villanova reunion is real.

I have a hard time seeing BRK dealing with the Knicks but who knows. BRK should make a deal with HOU and get all their picks back so they can re-set their future plans properly

That's a way better plan, but I just think in a player's league these guys make trade requests behind closed doors and the stars get to play where they want to. Knicks have picks and Jalen Brunson probably pushing for the trade, so it seems like things are lining up.
Dalek
RealGM

Post#1527 » by Dalek » Wed May 22, 2024 9:29 pm

WuTang_OG wrote:kings lol .. $10M for him. Owners likely baulking

Read on Twitter

Monte McNair and Wes Wilcox are tasked with managing the busy offseason, but there is one more piece to the overall puzzle that must be resolved -- the future of head coach Mike Brown, who is entering the final year of his contract.

There have been rumors about what Brown is looking for in an extension since the season ended. A report from Anthony Slater and Sam Amick of The Athletic put the number in the $10-12 million range last month. Jake Fischer of Yahoo! Sports added this tidbit earlier in the week, “Brown’s talks are expected to center around a similar eight-figure threshold.”

In his first season at the helm of the Kings, Brown led the team to an 18-game improvement over the previous season, pushed his team to a third place finish in the Western Conference standings and took home the NBA’s Coach of the Year honor. He also helped snap a 16-season playoff drought and posted just the ninth .500 or better record since the team moved to Sacramento before the 1985-86 season.

Brown backed up year one with a 46-36 record in year two, but the Kings fell short of the playoffs, falling in the second of two play-in tournament games. The failure to repeat the success of the previous year hasn’t sat well with ownership, according to sources.

This shouldn’t be a complicated matter, but like everything else in Sacramento, it is.

Brown is worth it. He changed their whole culture overnight and has made them a winner. Sometimes it takes time to figure out playoff success, but he's good coach.
WuTang_OG
RealGM

Post#1528 » by WuTang_OG » Wed May 22, 2024 9:32 pm

Dalek wrote:
WuTang_OG wrote:

That's a way better plan, but I just think in a player's league these guys make trade requests behind closed doors and the stars get to play where they want to. Knicks have picks and Jalen Brunson probably pushing for the trade, so it seems like things are lining up.

Bridges isn't a star I don't think they will honour his wish all that much. They will 100% do a deal with HOU over Knicks if apples to apples
WuTang_OG
RealGM

Post#1529 » by WuTang_OG » Thu May 23, 2024 4:08 am

Read on Twitter
dagger
RealGM
And1: 13,673

Post#1530 » by dagger » Thu May 23, 2024 2:30 pm

So, Donovan Mitchell got a coach firing under his belt now. BJ Bickerstaff has been fired.
2019 will never be forgotten because FLAGS FLY FOREVER
WuTang_OG
RealGM

Post#1531 » by WuTang_OG » Thu May 23, 2024 2:38 pm

dagger wrote:So, Donovan Mitchell got a coach firing under his belt now. BJ Bickerstaff has been fired.

athletic coach killer article the day after the season was over already cemented this
JB7
Analyst
And1: 1,555

Post#1532 » by JB7 » Thu May 23, 2024 3:11 pm

WuTang_OG wrote:
Read on Twitter

OG's getting a max deal from the Knicks, because if they don't pay up, Sixers definitely will.
mtcan
RealGM
And1: 21,575

Post#1533 » by mtcan » Thu May 23, 2024 4:51 pm

JB7 wrote:
WuTang_OG wrote:
Read on Twitter

OG's getting a max deal from the Knicks, because if they don't pay up, Sixers definitely will.

Did not realize that Pascal may have beef with Nicky Nurse...that is a revelation.
WuTang_OG
RealGM

Post#1534 » by WuTang_OG » Thu May 23, 2024 4:52 pm

JB7 wrote:
WuTang_OG wrote:
Read on Twitter

they gonna botch it

What about OG Anunoby?
Harris, by all accounts, is not expected to be back with the Sixers after a tenuous end to his Philadelphia tenure. To fill that two-way, max-salary slot Harris was once expected to uphold, only OG Anunoby would represent an option close to George’s prowess and close to representing a top-tier third star who can test the open market. Anunoby is widely expected to decline his $19.9 million player option for next season after being dealt to New York before the trade deadline. Of note: While league personnel are of the mind Siakam will certainly be re-signing with Indiana, there was word circling among team officials at last week’s NBA Draft Combine that Anunoby’s situation with the Knicks is not as cut and dried. Perhaps those signals to rival teams will only help Anunoby elicit a larger dollar figure from the Knicks. But various teams left Chicago with the belief that Anunoby could reach unrestricted free agency and consider deals from other franchises in addition to New York, sources said..
redraptor77
Junior
And1: 232

Post#1535 » by redraptor77 » Thu May 23, 2024 5:01 pm

LOL sign OG baby; perfect fit.
Now he knows the offence will not run through him and his best value is a 3 D guy that can straight line to the basket once and a while
Wouldnt that be a fun turn of events
Dalek
RealGM

Post#1536 » by Dalek » Thu May 23, 2024 6:05 pm

Kyrie is an amazing basketball player as witnessed by yesterday where Ant could not guard him and as a result was too tired to score. The crazy part was the shoes Kyrie played in. I had to pause the game to make sure I was really seeing a pro ball player in what look like moccasins. I want a pair of these...

Read on Twitter
SirKen
Rookie
And1: 1,134

Post#1537 » by SirKen » Fri May 24, 2024 4:30 pm

Dalek wrote:Kyrie is an amazing basketball player as witnessed by yesterday where Ant could not guard him and as a result was too tired to score. The crazy part was the shoes Kyrie played in. I had to pause the game to make sure I was really seeing a pro ball player in what look like moccasins. I want a pair of these...

Read on Twitter

Holy crap, you weren't kidding! I want a pair of these KAI1 Chuck Norris models as well.
MiamiSPX
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,602

Post#1538 » by MiamiSPX » Fri May 24, 2024 7:12 pm

I commented during the season that it will be hilarious when Monty Williams is doing NBA broadcasts while still owed 50M+ from the Pistons. Per WT, Gores is apparently willing to eat that contract if Langdon decides to fire him.

Bad organizations tend to continually do bad things. What a dumpster fire.

Having said that, I bet Langdon gives him another chance so as to not cost his new boss 60M for nothing. Pretty sure he fires Weaver though, and that would be totally warranted.
JB7
Analyst
And1: 1,555

Post#1539 » by JB7 » Fri May 24, 2024 8:15 pm

MiamiSPX wrote:I commented during the season that it will be hilarious when Monty Williams is doing NBA broadcasts while still owed 50M+ from the Pistons. Per WT, Gores is apparently willing to eat that contract if Langdon decides to fire him.

Bad organizations tend to continually do bad things. What a dumpster fire.

Having said that, I bet Langdon gives him another chance so as to not cost his new boss 60M for nothing. Pretty sure he fires Weaver though, and that would be totally warranted.

When I saw that headline, my jaw dropped. What a pitiful organization.
Clay Davis
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,861

Post#1540 » by Clay Davis » Fri May 24, 2024 10:31 pm

mtcan wrote:
JB7 wrote:
WuTang_OG wrote:
Read on Twitter

Did not realize that Pascal may have beef with Nicky Nurse...that is a revelation.

Do you remember that game when Pascal was put on the DNP list for no reason? Apparently they squashed that beef... or so they say. The rizz was clearly contaminated.
Steelo Green wrote:All happy families are alike; each unhappy family is unhappy in its own way.

Return to Toronto Raptors