ImageImageImageImageImage

Woj: Raptors re-sign Gray (2yr/5M total)

Moderators: Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer

fredericklove
Banned User
And1: 6,398

Re: Raptors re-sign Gray to two year deal per Woj 

Post#161 » by fredericklove » Sun Jul 8, 2012 2:44 pm

whoknows wrote:
fredericklove wrote:Yay awesome, are we the only team with three 7 footer white skin guys?!

you are a racist and an idiot!

Oh...why so sensitive man?
dagger
RealGM
And1: 13,521

Post#162 » by dagger » Sun Jul 8, 2012 2:46 pm

fredericklove wrote:
whoknows wrote:
fredericklove wrote:Yay awesome, are we the only team with three 7 footer white skin guys?!

Minnesota has four white big men, and I don't even have to check their roster to tell you that. Pekovic, Darko, Love and Brad Miller. So you're not only stupid, you're wrong.
2019 will never be forgotten because FLAGS FLY FOREVER
RapsFanInVA
Head Coach
And1: 2,104

Post#163 » by RapsFanInVA » Sun Jul 8, 2012 2:49 pm

Gray was 5th in the league in rebound rate last season. He's perfectly fine as a starting C at 2.5 mil who only plays 15-20 minutes a game, crashes the boards, picks up some fouls, pushes some people around, fumbles a few passes, and accidentally scores a bucket or two.
fredericklove
Banned User

Post#164 » by fredericklove » Sun Jul 8, 2012 2:57 pm

dagger wrote:

Minnesota has four white big men, and I don't even have to check their roster to tell you that. Pekovic, Darko, Love and Brad Miller. So you're not only stupid, you're wrong.

Umm...but Love isn't 7 footer. I'm just using Leo's 7 footer reference, relax buddy. Relax.
whoknows
General Manager
And1: 1,495

Post#165 » by whoknows » Sun Jul 8, 2012 3:00 pm

fredericklove wrote:
whoknows wrote:

Replace white with any other skin colour and you'd get at least a warning.

Unfortunately this forum's mods allows too many racist comments against whites - racist is racism regardless on who you pick, get it?

I'm tired of reading idiotic comments where all "Euros/aka whites" are soft, not athletic, etc. Kids like you need to learn that it is not OK to label people based on skin colour (even if they are whites).

No form of racism should be encouraged on this forum!!!
fredericklove
Banned User

Post#166 » by fredericklove » Sun Jul 8, 2012 3:04 pm

Fine I will take back those words let's just say we have 3 legit 7 footer on our team. Let's just leave it as that.
West Rouge
Banned User
And1: 324

Post#167 » by West Rouge » Sun Jul 8, 2012 3:19 pm

whoknows wrote:Replace white with any other skin colour and you'd get at least a warning.

Unfortunately this forum's mods allows too many racist comments against whites - racist is racism regardless on who you pick, get it?

I'm tired of reading idiotic comments where all "Euros/aka whites" are soft, not athletic, etc. Kids like you need to learn that it is not OK to label people based on skin colour (even if they are whites).

+1 trillion
Yuri Vaultin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14,301

Post#168 » by Yuri Vaultin » Sun Jul 8, 2012 3:27 pm

whoknows wrote:No form of racism should be encouraged on this forum!!!

No form of racism is tolerated.
Props to Turbo_Zone for the sig.
nahom1319
Veteran
And1: 707

Post#169 » by nahom1319 » Sun Jul 8, 2012 4:13 pm

whoknows wrote:

wait what? so acknowledging their skin colour is an act of racism? He didn't make a single comment regarding their skin colour.

Edit: I'm sorry maybe the term anglo saxxon would have been preferred but I still don't get the mad hatred over identifying a rarity. Maybe you all would like to believe that ignoring skin colour demolishes racism but thats just stupid. Celebrating diversity is the approach I use.
Dr Mufasa wrote: I wouldn't bet any of my personal money on Valanciunas being in the NBA after his rookie contract.
<--- May 22 2012
http://i750.photobucket.com/albums/xx14 ... -THG-1.gif
ThemCrookedRefs
Head Coach
And1: 11,190

Post#170 » by ThemCrookedRefs » Sun Jul 8, 2012 4:15 pm

Not a fan of Gray, especially if they want him to start (most likely).
-too slow
-not athletic
-doesn't block shots

Sure, he's a good rebounder and he can set good picks, but I seem to recall him getting called a lot for offensive fouls/moving screens or maybe I just have confirmation bias. But, he's a big body that can gobble up fouls when needed to. He should be the 3rd string C; use in case of emergency. I'd rather have Magloire despite his offensive woes.
KRANG
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,319

Post#171 » by KRANG » Sun Jul 8, 2012 4:22 pm

RapsFanInVA wrote:Gray was 5th in the league in rebound rate last season. He's perfectly fine as a starting C at 2.5 mil who only plays 15-20 minutes a game, crashes the boards, picks up some fouls, pushes some people around, fumbles a few passes, and accidentally scores a bucket or two.

+1

Now all we have to do pack Fields in a crate and send him to Siberia and we've had a semi-productive offseason.
Courtesy of Turbo_Zone
fredericklove
Banned User

Post#172 » by fredericklove » Sun Jul 8, 2012 4:25 pm

nahom1319 wrote:
whoknows wrote:

wait what? so acknowledging their skin colour is an act of racism? He didn't make a single comment regarding their skin colour.

Exactly. I only said 7 footer white skin and I didn't refer them to soft or Euro discriminated features. I mainly just said they are all white skin who happen to be 7 feet tall. Its like talking about Jeremy Lin as an Asian skin point guard. So idk why Dagger, whoknows or whoever else got touchy with the subject. Sure maybe I should use Causcasian skin instead of white skin. My subject is centered around 7 footer height with identical skin color features, not even pinpointing at any stereotypical racial profiling features. So I really smh at the overreacted responses.
Wo1verine
2015 Beat the Commish Champion
And1: 11,761

Post#173 » by Wo1verine » Sun Jul 8, 2012 4:32 pm

West Rouge wrote:
whoknows wrote:Replace white with any other skin colour and you'd get at least a warning.

+1 trillion

:roll: seriously, you guys need to relax.. every time someone brings up skin color a member always get all butthurt.. The fact is - what fredericklove said isn't worth a warning!
BrunoSkull
zilby
RealGM
And1: 38,871

Post#174 » by zilby » Sun Jul 8, 2012 4:38 pm

Gray at that price is a good pickup. Nothing wrong with having six extra fouls and a big body to fill up the lane and alter shots.
Hawaiian pizza is good.
LieCheatSteal
Assistant Coach
And1: 418

Post#175 » by LieCheatSteal » Sun Jul 8, 2012 5:16 pm

Fair deal for both sides.

For Gray, he won't get that contract from any other team. He seems comfortable in his role here and the team utilizes his skill set well.

For the Raps, it's still a tradeble contract and doesn't tie them down at C too long with Valanciunas coming over this year.

I think the roster's pretty set. I see the Raps moving Davis soon for a SG or PG, signing a shot blocking big (Ryan Hollins) and/or a young PG (Uzoh).

Lowry/Calderon
DeRozan/Ross
Johnson/Kleiza (working on the assumption that the Knicks will match for Landry Fields)
Bargnani/Amir/Acy
Gray (for now)/Val
Secueritae
Sixth Man
And1: 2,448

Post#176 » by Secueritae » Sun Jul 8, 2012 5:20 pm

zilby wrote:Gray at that price is a good pickup. Nothing wrong with having six extra fouls and a big body to fill up the lane and alter shots.

Yes but he should not start, he should be put in when the Starting Center (Hopefully Val by mid- season)is in Foul Trouble or is tired in order to not degrade our rebounding at that time. He is a role player at best, being placed in a starter role because we don't have a decent center, until Val is ready to start.
West Rouge
Banned User
And1: 324

Post#177 » by West Rouge » Sun Jul 8, 2012 5:24 pm

Wo1verine wrote:
West Rouge wrote:

+1 trillion

:roll: seriously, you guys need to relax.. every time someone brings up skin color a member always get all butthurt.. The fact is - what fredericklove said isn't worth a warning!

Its not necessarily fredericklove's comment. It was moreso the overall point of that was brought up about the white/euro bashing. Its a double standard just prefer not to see it. The only reason its brought up so often is people get away with it
Rejected
Veteran
And1: 2,741

Post#178 » by Rejected » Sun Jul 8, 2012 5:27 pm

I don't like when teams change their line-ups to match up to their opponents, but I think in the short term, until Val officially takes the starting role, I think they should switch the starting spot depending on the match up. Starting Gray against teams with really big bulky guys like the Gasols and howard etc... is a good move. If Val earns it he should start when we are playing slimmer more athletic centres like on Denver and Chicago.
Yeezus_
RealGM
And1: 13,744

Post#179 » by Yeezus_ » Sun Jul 8, 2012 5:36 pm

People are such babies on this forum. If a guy is being racist or you think hes being racist, just ignore the post and move on.

As for Gray, solid player, dont want him to be a starter though.
Yeezy SZN approaching
whoknows
General Manager
And1: 1,495

Post#180 » by whoknows » Sun Jul 8, 2012 5:38 pm

Rejected wrote:I don't like when teams change their line-ups to match up to their opponents...

Bball is a game of mach-ups, this is part of what makes the good coaches to be great.

Return to Toronto Raptors