ImageImageImageImageImage

Tank World Order (The Remix Vol. IV)

Moderators: Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer

DG88
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 27,801

Re: Tank World Order (The Remix Vol. IV) 

Post#1641 » by DG88 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:33 pm

TimeForChange wrote:
Read on Twitter

Lol the shade :lol:
Scase
RealGM
And1: 7,797

Post#1642 » by Scase » Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:41 pm

islandboy53 wrote:
Scase wrote:
islandboy53 wrote:
We've seen the last few games what "tanking hard" looks like. It's not in most fans' "wheel houses either.

No one typically enjoys watching losing basketball that's for sure, but there is losing basketball with a team stacked with G leaguers, and losing basketball with a bunch of quality prospects.

OKC was fun to watch the last few years, ORL wasn't too bad either. You can put a product on court that shows potential that won't drive everyone away, but you have to have more than 1 or 2 players worth watching. We don't have that.

So, in your humble opinion, which of Barnes, Barrett, IQ and Dick don't qualify as players worth watching? We've been missing the 1st 3 of those for what seems like months now, and putting them back in to replace the G leaguers will transform the product on the court. We'll be back to winning ways soon. I hope it won't be too traumatic for you.

Honestly, I'm not particularly enamoured watching any of them besidfes Barnes. But if I had to rank them in order of worth watching, I'd say Barnes > IQ > RJ.

IQ has had limited time as a starter and I think he has more room to spread his wings, but I'm not expecting anything crazy like All NBA level from him. RJ is the exact same player as he was in NYC, he's just being put into better spots and way more of his baskets are coming from the team style, and being assisted on. There's nothing evolutionary about his game, he's the same player, just playing more efficiently here due to the situation.

I'd rather watch Gradey than either of those 2, but Gradey needs someone who can properly set him up....which was mostly only Scottie, so that's kinda moot.

Overall there isn't anything super exciting about watching 4/5th year players, they aren't going to massively blow up or take huge leaps, that just doesn't happen very often.
Props TZ!
metafisical
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,810

Post#1643 » by metafisical » Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:58 pm

ItsDanger wrote:I see the arguments for both sides on conveying the pick. Just hope they move off Poeltl at earliest opportunity.

We can't officially move off the Poeltl trade until we see who SA drafts and how good that draftee becomes. If the draftee is a bust, hindsight would tell us that maybe the trade was good (in our favour). What if, by chance, the draftees develops into an all-star? Hindsight would tell us, even as many have claimed, the trade was not in our favour.

At least that's how I see it.
I acknowledge and thank the lək̓ʷəŋən peoples of the Songhees, Esquimalt and W̱SÁNEĆ First Nations for allowing me to live, work and play on their unceded traditional territories. I also acknowledge the Métis Charter Community of Victoria.
islandboy53
Rookie
And1: 595

Post#1644 » by islandboy53 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:07 pm

Scase wrote:
islandboy53 wrote:
Scase wrote:No one typically enjoys watching losing basketball that's for sure, but there is losing basketball with a team stacked with G leaguers, and losing basketball with a bunch of quality prospects.

OKC was fun to watch the last few years, ORL wasn't too bad either. You can put a product on court that shows potential that won't drive everyone away, but you have to have more than 1 or 2 players worth watching. We don't have that.

So, in your humble opinion, which of Barnes, Barrett, IQ and Dick don't qualify as players worth watching? We've been missing the 1st 3 of those for what seems like months now, and putting them back in to replace the G leaguers will transform the product on the court. We'll be back to winning ways soon. I hope it won't be too traumatic for you.

Honestly, I'm not particularly enamoured watching any of them besidfes Barnes. But if I had to rank them in order of worth watching, I'd say Barnes > IQ > RJ.

IQ has had limited time as a starter and I think he has more room to spread his wings, but I'm not expecting anything crazy like All NBA level from him. RJ is the exact same player as he was in NYC, he's just being put into better spots and way more of his baskets are coming from the team style, and being assisted on. There's nothing evolutionary about his game, he's the same player, just playing more efficiently here due to the situation.

I'd rather watch Gradey than either of those 2, but Gradey needs someone who can properly set him up....which was mostly only Scottie, so that's kinda moot.

Overall there isn't anything super exciting about watching 4/5th year players, they aren't going to massively blow up or take huge leaps, that just doesn't happen very often.

So, unless they're going to massively blow up or take huge leaps, they're not worth watching? From where I sit, watching these players grow, individually and as part of a team, is worth watching. This group, even when everyone is back, needs further additions, obviously, but it has potential, and it certainly won't drive everyone away.
ItsDanger
RealGM
And1: 22,552

Post#1645 » by ItsDanger » Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:10 pm

islandboy53 wrote:
ItsDanger wrote:Team compete doesn't like rebuilds. But a team with several young guys with promising upside can be entertaining. The poor product currently on the court reflects neglecting acquisition of a steady flow of young talent. So much wasted time and opportunity. Not sure Bobby is up to this particular task. Join team rebuild and get an exciting roster again.

What are you on about? I know you're sometimes a little disconnected from reality, but this is truly bizarre. Get a grip, man!

I'm disconnected from reality? Maybe you haven't been keeping up with current events but that crappy product they're happily overcharging for is a direct result if management's failure to react properly while adding young pieces these past several years.

Maybe check yourself first next time.
Organization can be defined as an organized body of people with a particular purpose. Not random.
OakleyDokely
RealGM
And1: 64,034

Post#1646 » by OakleyDokely » Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:20 pm

ItsDanger wrote:
islandboy53 wrote:
ItsDanger wrote:Team compete doesn't like rebuilds. But a team with several young guys with promising upside can be entertaining. The poor product currently on the court reflects neglecting acquisition of a steady flow of young talent. So much wasted time and opportunity. Not sure Bobby is up to this particular task. Join team rebuild and get an exciting roster again.

What are you on about? I know you're sometimes a little disconnected from reality, but this is truly bizarre. Get a grip, man!

I'm disconnected from reality? Maybe you haven't been keeping up with current events but that crappy product they're happily overcharging for is a direct result if management's failure to react properly while adding young pieces these past several years.

This tends to happen when all your good young players aren't playing due to various reasons.
ItsDanger
RealGM

Post#1647 » by ItsDanger » Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:28 pm

OakleyDokely wrote:
ItsDanger wrote:
islandboy53 wrote:

This tends to happen when all your good young players aren't playing due to various reasons.

They were bad before trades, before injuries, even worse afterwards. That usually indicates other teams have surpassed them. Now they need time and a new approach to improve things. Reading the excuses here is too much. Replenish the bench with young talent in the draft instead of other team's failures,
Organization can be defined as an organized body of people with a particular purpose. Not random.
Scase
RealGM

Post#1648 » by Scase » Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:29 pm

islandboy53 wrote:
Scase wrote:
islandboy53 wrote:

So, unless they're going to massively blow up or take huge leaps, they're not worth watching? From where I sit, watching these players grow, individually and as part of a team, is worth watching. This group, even when everyone is back, needs further additions, obviously, but it has potential, and it certainly won't drive everyone away.

That's cool, go ahead and watch, we all have different opinions. At the end of the day this is entertainment, and I won't spend hours of my day watching something that I don't think is entertaining.

When everyone is back I will get back to enjoying watching, but if RJ, IQ, or both come back for the last couple games of the season, it does not incentivize me to watch. Highlights are more than enough for that.
Props TZ!
OakleyDokely
RealGM

Post#1649 » by OakleyDokely » Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:31 pm

ItsDanger wrote:
OakleyDokely wrote:
ItsDanger wrote:I'm disconnected from reality? Maybe you haven't been keeping up with current events but that crappy product they're happily overcharging for is a direct result if management's failure to react properly while adding young pieces these past several years.

They were bad before trades, before injuries, even worse afterwards. That usually indicates other teams have surpassed them. Now they need time and a new approach to improve things. Reading the excuses here is too much. Replenish the bench with young talent in the draft instead of other team's failures,

A team that traded its best players for young players and picks isn't good. Shocking.
ItsDanger
RealGM

Post#1650 » by ItsDanger » Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:33 pm

OakleyDokely wrote:
ItsDanger wrote:
OakleyDokely wrote:This tends to happen when all your good young players aren't playing due to various reasons.

A team that traded its best players for young players and picks isn't good. Shocking.

It's also shocking you didn't understand the premise of my earlier statement. Good teams have constant flow of talent.
Scase
RealGM

Post#1651 » by Scase » Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:33 pm

OakleyDokely wrote:
ItsDanger wrote:
OakleyDokely wrote:This tends to happen when all your good young players aren't playing due to various reasons.

Pretty sure I hear everyone constantly extolling the virtues of the OG trade since we got 2 starters for one. Are you suggesting that Siakam is just THAT impactful? :lol:
Props TZ!
OakleyDokely
RealGM

Post#1652 » by OakleyDokely » Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:35 pm

ItsDanger wrote:
OakleyDokely wrote:
ItsDanger wrote:They were bad before trades, before injuries, even worse afterwards. That usually indicates other teams have surpassed them. Now they need time and a new approach to improve things. Reading the excuses here is too much. Replenish the bench with young talent in the draft instead of other team's failures,

It's also shocking you didn't understand the premise of my earlier statement. Good teams have constant flow of talent.

Good thing they traded for a bunch of picks that will provide a constant flow of talent.
ItsDanger
RealGM

Post#1653 » by ItsDanger » Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:38 pm

OakleyDokely wrote:
ItsDanger wrote:
OakleyDokely wrote:

Good thing they traded for a bunch of picks that will provide a constant flow of talent.

Only when their free agents finally forced their hand.
islandboy53
Rookie

Post#1654 » by islandboy53 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:40 pm

ItsDanger wrote:
OakleyDokely wrote:
ItsDanger wrote:I'm disconnected from reality? Maybe you haven't been keeping up with current events but that crappy product they're happily overcharging for is a direct result if management's failure to react properly while adding young pieces these past several years.

It is no surprise to most of us that teams suck when their 4 best players are injured or otherwise absent, and replaced by G leaguers. Also, just because it appears that you haven't been paying attention, I'll share that the team has taken a new approach. They've traded 2 of their formerly best players for young guys, draft picks and salary flexibility in what some folks call a rebuild. Finally, if you don't like the ticket prices, stop buying them.
OakleyDokely
RealGM

Post#1655 » by OakleyDokely » Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:41 pm

Scase wrote:
OakleyDokely wrote:
ItsDanger wrote:They were bad before trades, before injuries, even worse afterwards. That usually indicates other teams have surpassed them. Now they need time and a new approach to improve things. Reading the excuses here is too much. Replenish the bench with young talent in the draft instead of other team's failures,

Pretty sure I hear everyone constantly extolling the virtues of the OG trade since we got 2 starters for one. Are you suggesting that Siakam is just THAT impactful?
This dude was complaining about the Raps not rebuilding, and once they traded their vets for young players and picks, and literally decided to tank, he's complaining they're not good enough.
ItsDanger
RealGM

Post#1656 » by ItsDanger » Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:43 pm

islandboy53 wrote:
ItsDanger wrote:

It is no surprise to most of us that teams suck when their 4 best players are injured or otherwise absent, and replaced by G leaguers. Also, just because it appears that you haven't been paying attention, I'll share that the team has taken a new approach. They've traded 2 of their formerly best players for young guys, draft picks and salary flexibility in what some folks call a rebuild. Finally, if you don't like the ticket prices, stop buying them.

You weren't paying attention in the first 2 months of the season, clearly..
OakleyDokely
RealGM

Post#1657 » by OakleyDokely » Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:46 pm

ItsDanger wrote:
OakleyDokely wrote:
ItsDanger wrote:It's also shocking you didn't understand the premise of my earlier statement. Good teams have constant flow of talent.

Traded for young players and picks, now tanking, while sitting almost all their top players. Complain about the product on the floor. You're team compete.
islandboy53
Rookie

Post#1658 » by islandboy53 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:47 pm

Scase wrote:
islandboy53 wrote:
Scase wrote:Honestly, I'm not particularly enamoured watching any of them besidfes Barnes. But if I had to rank them in order of worth watching, I'd say Barnes > IQ > RJ.

That's cool, go ahead and watch, we all have different opinions. At the end of the day this is entertainment, and I won't spend hours of my day watching something that I don't think is entertaining.

When everyone is back I will get back to enjoying watching, but if RJ, IQ, or both come back for the last couple games of the season, it does not incentivize me to watch. Highlights are more than enough for that.

All signs point to them coming back relatively soon. Hope that doesn't derail the tank. That said, I hate to be rude, but, do you actually listen to yourself when you post here? Just now you said, "When everyone is back I will get back to enjoying watching,", while 1 post ago you said, "Honestly, I'm not particularly enamoured watching any of them besidfes Barnes". Which is the real you?
islandboy53
Rookie

Post#1659 » by islandboy53 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:49 pm

ItsDanger wrote:
OakleyDokely wrote:
ItsDanger wrote:It's also shocking you didn't understand the premise of my earlier statement. Good teams have constant flow of talent.

And there you have it, folks. The goal posts just shifted. So typical.
ItsDanger
RealGM

Post#1660 » by ItsDanger » Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:51 pm

OakleyDokely wrote:
ItsDanger wrote:
OakleyDokely wrote:

Traded for young players and picks, now tanking, while sitting almost all their top players. Complain about the product on the floor. You're team compete.

Should have had 1 or 2 bench players from past 1-3 years that you "developed" to step in during these times. That's the neglect. Will they learn from past mistakes? We'll see.

Return to Toronto Raptors