ImageImageImageImageImage

Official 2022 Draft Thread

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

ItsDanger
RealGM
And1: 22,522

Re: Official 2022 Draft Thread 

Post#181 » by ItsDanger » Wed Dec 29, 2021 6:10 pm

I think he stays another year though.
Organization can be defined as an organized body of people with a particular purpose. Not random.
Reeko
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 33,573

Post#182 » by Reeko » Wed Dec 29, 2021 7:02 pm

Dalek wrote:
Reeko wrote:Holmgren's stats so far this season: 13 ppg, 8.5 rpg, 2 apg, and 3.5 blocks on 63/37/71 shooting splits. If not for his lack of size he would be the ideal modern center. I'm really praying that this kid doesn't have Marfan's Syndrome.

Why do you think Chet would have Marfan's? His dad is also 7ft tall so I just think he is tall naturally rather than having a rare genetic mutation.

To me he is like a Rudy Gobert body-type. Just a huge skinny body that in time will fill out as he gets older. Rudy also looked like a stick coming in, and it didn't stop him.

Chet is an extremely skilled defender and just like Evan Mobley he will be able to hang in the NBA right away despite the lack of weight.

It has more to do with how skinny he is and how long his arms and fingers look. He currently weighs 195 pounds. Gobert was 238 when he was drafted.

You’re right though, chances are he doesn’t have it. It’s just a concern I have.
Clay Davis wrote:COMPOSED ONLY OF THE COOLEST WOMEN AND THE HOTTEST GUYS, THE TORONTO RAPTORS REALGM BOARD HAS LONG BEEN KNOWN FOR ITS HIGH-QUALITY DISCUSSION, PASSIONATE LOYALTY, TEMPERATE CELEBRATIONS OF VICTORY, AND GRACE IN DEFEAT.
Dalek
RealGM
And1: 9,474

Post#183 » by Dalek » Wed Dec 29, 2021 7:23 pm

Reeko wrote:
Dalek wrote:
Reeko wrote:Holmgren's stats so far this season: 13 ppg, 8.5 rpg, 2 apg, and 3.5 blocks on 63/37/71 shooting splits. If not for his lack of size he would be the ideal modern center. I'm really praying that this kid doesn't have Marfan's Syndrome.

Why do you think Chet would have Marfan's? His dad is also 7ft tall so I just think he is tall naturally rather than having a rare genetic mutation.

To me he is like a Rudy Gobert body-type. Just a huge skinny body that in time will fill out as he gets older. Rudy also looked like a stick coming in, and it didn't stop him.

Chet is an extremely skilled defender and just like Evan Mobley he will be able to hang in the NBA right away despite the lack of weight.

It has more to do with how skinny he is and how long his arms and fingers look. He currently weighs 195 pounds. Gobert was 238 when he was drafted.

You’re right though, chances are he doesn’t have it. It’s just a concern I have.

I think it is fair to be worried about Chet's frame as it does look freakishly thin but he hasn't battled any other injuries or doesn't display any awkwardness on court. We have had Evan Mobley and Poku come to the NBA as seven footers under 215 lbs and they have not been at a disadvantage physically. Length and fluidity and ball skills always trump power to me. Chet is the rarest of players in the NBA. With spacing this guy could be a real terror as a point-C and as a rim protector he could be elite. Totally the number one pick for me, but I guess I can see the risks.
Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,738

Post#184 » by Psubs » Wed Dec 29, 2021 7:36 pm

Dalek wrote:
Kevin Willis wrote:
Madhouse wrote:
Johnson was a wasted pick but not many mid 2nd rounders pan out anyway. Not sure about Brandon Boston. But I feel he is a longshot to be even a decent player in the NBA.

Wait what? David Johnson is not a wasted picked, you should give him AT LEAST one season. If that that's the case then Suggs is a wasted pick.

I think we have to give David Johnson some time. He has had a couple injuries and then strange time with the 905 where he was given the reigns for a few games and then Dalano and Flynn showed up and took away from his time as a starter.

He has great size and skill to be a future PG and at age 20 that has some time to develop.

Just have to look at Jalen Brunson's progression over the years as a model for DJ.
Psubs
RealGM

Post#185 » by Psubs » Wed Dec 29, 2021 7:38 pm

ItsDanger wrote:

He looks like a poor man's Yao Ming. :o Can he guard the P&R at least close to average for a C?

Him and Ivey have Purdue Boiling hot!
Reeko
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 33,573

Post#186 » by Reeko » Wed Dec 29, 2021 7:38 pm

Dalek wrote:
Reeko wrote:
Dalek wrote:

I think it is fair to be worried about Chet's frame as it does look freakishly thin but he hasn't battled any other injuries or doesn't display any awkwardness on court. We have had Evan Mobley and Poku come to the NBA as seven footers under 215 lbs and they have not been at a disadvantage physically. Length and fluidity and ball skills always trump power to me. Chet is the rarest of players in the NBA. With spacing this guy could be a real terror as a point-C and as a rim protector he could be elite. Totally the number one pick for me, but I guess I can see the risks.

Well we agree that he could be a terror with his skill set. If he does have Marfans then he won’t even get drafted, the league won’t allow it. Here’s to him being fully healthy, and terrorizing the league for the next decade +.
Clay Davis wrote:COMPOSED ONLY OF THE COOLEST WOMEN AND THE HOTTEST GUYS, THE TORONTO RAPTORS REALGM BOARD HAS LONG BEEN KNOWN FOR ITS HIGH-QUALITY DISCUSSION, PASSIONATE LOYALTY, TEMPERATE CELEBRATIONS OF VICTORY, AND GRACE IN DEFEAT.
Indeed
RealGM
And1: 3,094

Post#187 » by Indeed » Thu Dec 30, 2021 4:45 am

Psubs wrote:
ItsDanger wrote:

He looks like a poor man's Yao Ming. :o Can he guard the P&R at least close to average for a C?

Nurse talked about him (and Mathurin) when coaching Team Canada:
https://www.si.com/nba/raptors/news/toronto-raptors-nick-nurse-sees-bennedict-mathurin-zach-edey-charles-bediako
Bruin
RealGM
And1: 38,694

Post#188 » by Bruin » Thu Dec 30, 2021 3:09 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21
Psubs
RealGM

Post#189 » by Psubs » Thu Dec 30, 2021 3:13 pm

PrinceAli wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Willy Cauly-Stein 2.0?
Psubs
RealGM

Post#190 » by Psubs » Thu Dec 30, 2021 3:16 pm

Indeed wrote:
Psubs wrote:
ItsDanger wrote:

Nurse talked about him (and Mathurin) when coaching Team Canada:
https://www.si.com/nba/raptors/news/toronto-raptors-nick-nurse-sees-bennedict-mathurin-zach-edey-charles-bediako

Raptors scouting probably have as good as any, intel on these guys.
DG88
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 27,798

Post#191 » by DG88 » Thu Dec 30, 2021 5:48 pm

Mathurin is the guy I'm keying in on. Open to whoever the Raptors choose.
ItsDanger
RealGM
And1: 22,522

Post#192 » by ItsDanger » Thu Dec 30, 2021 5:51 pm

Psubs wrote:

Not average yet, you're not going to get great experience at that in college. This is where their analytics people need to step up their game. A guy that draws a lot of fouls has value. You wouldn't play these guys 30 minutes anyways.
Organization can be defined as an organized body of people with a particular purpose. Not random.
Dalek
RealGM

Post#193 » by Dalek » Thu Dec 30, 2021 6:11 pm

DG88 wrote:Mathurin is the guy I'm keying in on. Open to whoever the Raptors choose.

He would be a perfect fit in Toronto. His draft stock is way up this year, but he has to be near the top for them. Toronto needs an elite Canadian basketball player for once. I think it has been tough to sit through missing out on SGA and Jamal Murray and even RJ Barrett. It would be magical to get Mathurin who plays a great two-way game and is a powerful athlete.
Psubs
RealGM

Post#194 » by Psubs » Thu Dec 30, 2021 6:21 pm

Dalek wrote:
DG88 wrote:Mathurin is the guy I'm keying in on. Open to whoever the Raptors choose.

He would be a perfect fit in Toronto. His draft stock is way up this year, but he has to be near the top for them. Toronto needs an elite Canadian basketball player for once. I think it has been tough to sit through missing out on SGA and Jamal Murray and even RJ Barrett. It would be magical to get Mathurin who plays a great two-way game and is a powerful athlete.

Less bouncy Anthony Edwards?
DreamTeam09
RealGM
And1: 8,766

Post#195 » by DreamTeam09 » Thu Dec 30, 2021 6:40 pm

Yeah I want eday, he's a cheat code. Doesn't have to be a 30min player, 16-18mins a game and he'll still do damage or enough to swing to a game or get momentum.

He provides too much gravity which will just open up the game for everyone else,

In Raptor Ball I Trust
DreamTeam09
RealGM
And1: 8,766

Post#196 » by DreamTeam09 » Thu Dec 30, 2021 6:41 pm

Psubs wrote:
Dalek wrote:

Does look to be in that role, does he have a iso handle ??

In Raptor Ball I Trust
Dalek
RealGM

Post#197 » by Dalek » Thu Dec 30, 2021 9:03 pm

DreamTeam09 wrote:
Psubs wrote:
Dalek wrote:

I think his handle could improve, but he is developing pretty quickly and can put it on floor, but he isn't at a high level yet. Compared to year one, he is night and day different. What I like is he is a high level finisher who dunks it a lot and he hits his threes and gets great elevation on his jumper. He reminds me a bit of Demar Derozan coming in. He is strong, knows his strengths and can shoot it. Demar didn't have his range, but they are a bit similar the way they play in this stage of development.

;ab_channel=Swish
vulture
Head Coach
And1: 5,622

Post#198 » by vulture » Thu Dec 30, 2021 9:07 pm

what are everyone feelings on AJ Griffin?
I still can't figure out whether he will be good at the next level?
Dalek
RealGM

Post#199 » by Dalek » Thu Dec 30, 2021 9:09 pm

Psubs wrote:
ItsDanger wrote:

I don't think Zach is NBA material. He is 7 feet for sure, but he is 300 lbs and his feet are pretty heavy. He would be played off the court similar to Tacko Fall. Guys like him typically develop foot fractures. Just too big and heavy.
Kevin Willis
RealGM
And1: 7,982

Post#200 » by Kevin Willis » Thu Dec 30, 2021 11:41 pm

Dalek wrote:
DreamTeam09 wrote:
Psubs wrote:

I think his handle could improve, but he is developing pretty quickly and can put it on floor, but he isn't at a high level yet. Compared to year one, he is night and day different. What I like is he is a high level finisher who dunks it a lot and he hits his threes and gets great elevation on his jumper. He reminds me a bit of Demar Derozan coming in. He is strong, knows his strengths and can shoot it. Demar didn't have his range, but they are a bit similar the way they play in this stage of development.

A little bit like Demar but Demar's can't shoot from distance and his defence was not nearly as good. Maybe a Covington with more hops or an Ariza but not as fluid. I can also see Richard Jefferson and a poor man Igoudala. I don't see Grant as much. If he can be a more athletic Covington or a poor man's version of an Ariza, Jefferson or Igoudala (athletic, slim, wing defenders with good range and average handle) type player he would be great pick.
Ska needs to make a comeback.

Return to Toronto Raptors