ImageImageImageImageImage

NBA Champion, Superstar - Pascal Siakam Headed back to the ECF

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, Morris_Shatford, DG88, HiJiNX, niQ, Reeko, lebron stopper

Nebuchadnezzar
Sixth Man
And1: 1,931

Re: NBA Champion, Superstar - Pascal Siakam Headed back to the ECF 

Post#181 » by Nebuchadnezzar » Fri May 24, 2024 2:57 am

Scase wrote:
greekman wrote:
Nebuchadnezzar wrote:
Pascal delivered an ECF birth in half a season the Pacers, what more do you want? You know 4 out of 30 teams make it to the conference finals right? So if Pascal brought the pacers here and "didn't deliver" what does that mean for the superstars on the 26 other teams? By your logic Pascal delivers more than all those stars.

beating the knicks without anunoby, brunson, hart ?

Dont forget randle.

The Knicks made their bed, that loss is all on Tibs and the team. Their regular season record was inflated because they put out an unsustainable rotation. The Pacers were the more talented team.

Stop with the excuses. You were wrong about Pascal.
metafisical
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,941

Post#182 » by metafisical » Fri May 24, 2024 3:08 am

Great stats for Siakim, so great individual effort. But his team still lost, down 2-0. You could put up 84 like Kobe, but it doesn't matter if your team doesn't get the win.

Oh well, I wish him the best nonetheless. We got our championship with him already. That's all I care about.
I acknowledge and thank the lək̓ʷəŋən peoples of the Songhees, Esquimalt and W̱SÁNEĆ First Nations for allowing me to live, work and play on their unceded traditional territories.
Scase
RealGM
And1: 8,538

Post#183 » by Scase » Fri May 24, 2024 3:27 am

Nebuchadnezzar wrote:
Scase wrote:
greekman wrote:beating the knicks without anunoby, brunson, hart ?

Dont forget randle.

The Knicks made their bed, that loss is all on Tibs and the team. Their regular season record was inflated because they put out an unsustainable rotation. The Pacers were the more talented team.

My guy, you need a nap or something. I was literally just mentioning they were missing Randle as well.
Props TZ!
Nebuchadnezzar
Sixth Man

Post#184 » by Nebuchadnezzar » Fri May 24, 2024 4:55 am

Scase wrote:
Nebuchadnezzar wrote:
Scase wrote:Dont forget randle.

My guy, you need a nap or something. I was literally just mentioning they were missing Randle as well.

Yeah Tibs ran him into the ground too - he was at 35.4 minutes per game, would have been top 15 in minutes played in the league....except he didn't play enough games lol.
BetterCallSaul
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,554

Post#185 » by BetterCallSaul » Fri May 24, 2024 1:44 pm

Clay Davis wrote:
BetterCallSaul wrote:
HiJiNX wrote:The inbound was Nembhard’s fault. Siakam was open for about two seconds before Brown closed the space but Nembhard was trying so hard to force it to Haliburton that he missed Siakam when he was open and threw it to him when he was well covered. It’s like in football when the WR beats the corner but the QB takes to long to get the ball out, allowing the defence to recover and defend the pass. You can argue Siakam should have sealed, but when he was open he had full physical separation from Brown, who was trailing. It makes no sense to seal there because it requires letting your matchup catch you or looking away from the inbounder to find the defender and seal them, which can lead to a turnover if the ball is passed to you at the same time you’re looking back to find the defender.

Siakam was bad in OT, but in regulation he did everything right. Not sure how we are looking to add him to the blame pool.

Yeah, I don't blame him. I think my point is Jaylen Brown created two series swinging events back to back and Pascal didn't. Do I expect him to block JB's three or force the miss? No. Do I expect him to make up for Carlisle's mistake of not calling a time out? No. But when you're trying to beat Boston, you kind of need him to do those extra things.

I agree with the broad arc of your argument -- that Siakam did not force things the way Brown did -- but I think you're understating his performance a bit.

Pascal had some moments in the second half of the fourth quarter that were really huge momentum shifts. At about the five minute mark he hit a jumpshot, forced a turnover, then got a dunk. Just an easy four point swing that put the Pacers ahead. Then he assisted or scored their next two made buckets.

You're right that he didn't do enough to get the win... when a team loses a tightly contested game like this, then yes that burden falls on the star player. But he demonstrated his rizz in even making it a tightly contested game. He was the game's leading scorer in the fourth quarter (10 points).

Pascal was brought in to be the second banana -- play great defense, punish mismatches, go go go in transition, and be a competent secondary ball-handler. I think he has done very well in that role and fits in seamlessly with Indiana's culture of pace-pushing. But yes even more is being asked of him and he needs to deliver for his team to win this series. It's disappointing in a sense but, at the same time, not an indictment on the quality of his play. It seems strange to be disappointed when a player doesn't exceed expectations. Perhaps its' the expectations themselves that are wrongly calibrated?

I agree with you. Pascal has definitely proved his worth. The Pacers need an explosive shooting guard. Maybe that's Mathurin.
MiamiSPX
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,602

Post#186 » by MiamiSPX » Fri May 24, 2024 2:46 pm

Siakam went off last night. They rarely brought the double even though Siakam was just cooking whoever was guarding him. I feel like Boston didn't care if he got his, as long as no other Pacer got going.

Hell of a performance. He thrives when it's undoubtedly not "his" team, although if you ask me he is their best player. And like I've said before, I don't think that was the plan. Apparently Haliburton really looks up to him so Pascal, for the love of gawd, needs to get Hali in the weight room with him. That may be why he is petrified of contact.
Los_29
RealGM
And1: 12,202

Post#187 » by Los_29 » Fri May 24, 2024 2:54 pm

MiamiSPX wrote:Siakam went off last night. They rarely brought the double even though Siakam was just cooking whoever was guarding him. I feel like Boston didn't care if he got his, as long as no other Pacer got going.

Hell of a performance. He thrives when it's undoubtedly not "his" team, although if you ask me he is their best player. And like I've said before, I don't think that was the plan. Apparently Haliburton really looks up to him so Pascal, for the love of gawd, needs to get Hali in the weight room with him. That may be why he is petrified of contact.

I still think Hali is their best player. He just brings more offensively although he’s not as versatile of a scorer as I thought. He is young but I don’t see him being an elite 1st option because of that. It honestly might not matter in today’s NBA though. Great teams can succeed and knock out teams that have the best player.
OakleyDokely
RealGM
And1: 65,185

Post#188 » by OakleyDokely » Fri May 24, 2024 2:55 pm

The problem for IND is Hali getting on the all-nba team. He's really good, but not supermax good.
Clay Davis
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,862

Post#189 » by Clay Davis » Fri May 24, 2024 4:29 pm

OakleyDokely wrote:The problem for IND is Hali getting on the all-nba team. He's really good, but not supermax good.

I don't know... 5 years of not having to deal with newsline about the Lakers, Clippers, Heat, and 76ers rizzing your best player is quite compelling in itself :lol:
Steelo Green wrote:All happy families are alike; each unhappy family is unhappy in its own way.
ATLTimekeeper
RealGM
And1: 22,251

Post#190 » by ATLTimekeeper » Fri May 24, 2024 6:41 pm

Pascal's had 0 FTA in this series. The Celtics just have to put the ball on the floor and the whistle blows.
Scase
RealGM
And1: 8,538

Post#191 » by Scase » Fri May 24, 2024 7:27 pm

ATLTimekeeper wrote:Pascal's had 0 FTA in this series. The Celtics just have to put the ball on the floor and the whistle blows.

Are we watching the same games here? Siakam took 17 shots last night, and not a single one of them was a clear and missed foul.

There were 3 shot attempts last night where you could say maybe they fouled him. Pretty much every other shot was a wide open 3, or terrible defence by the C's and he had a clear path to the hoop.

Game 2:

#1 Horford you can argue was in his landing space.

#2 Brown had a hand on his chest when he went up for the shot.

#3 Horford game him a small push in the back.

Game 1:

#1 Horford off hand isn't straight up, maybe a push after the shot.

If you want to say that the C's are getting the easy whistle, I wouldn't be surprised. I haven't looked at every single FGA from the celtics, so I can't say for sure lol. But you can rewatch every single one of Siakams shots this series, he's either taken open jumpers, had clear paths to the basket, or the C's have been pretty disciplined not fouling him.

Game 1 all shots
Game 2 all shots

I fully expect the same peanut gallery (not you ATL) to come out and claim I'm being biased, but I would honestly like to see other folks go through all these shots and point out the fouls. At most he should have 6FTA based on the above, he's benefited from poor defence/exploiting said poor defence, more than anything
Props TZ!
gp2015
RealGM
And1: 10,468

Post#192 » by gp2015 » Sun May 26, 2024 12:41 am

This will be a good test for Pascal. He'll be the focus of the defense for the next couple of games, most likely.
"I'm doing what I love to do. So if I can never walk again because of what I love to do, that's a chance I'll take. I'll die on the court." - Alvin Williams
Nebuchadnezzar
Sixth Man

Post#193 » by Nebuchadnezzar » Sun May 26, 2024 1:53 am

Lol, I love so much how wrong you all have been about Pascal, I'm never going to let you forget it.
raptorstime
RealGM
And1: 43,334

Post#194 » by raptorstime » Sun May 26, 2024 2:08 am

Nebuchadnezzar wrote:Lol, I love so much how wrong you all have been about Pascal, I'm never going to let you forget it.

That trade looks more and more diabolical with each passing game. Masai has a lot of ground to make up.
gp2015
RealGM
And1: 10,468

Post#195 » by gp2015 » Sun May 26, 2024 2:26 am

Pascal is having a solid game so far but he's sill not a superstar. Nothing has changed on that front. It's not like he's carrying the Pacers on his back. Multiple players are contributing.

The trade has always been bad in terms of what we got back for someone of his value.

Nothing that we didn't already know.
"I'm doing what I love to do. So if I can never walk again because of what I love to do, that's a chance I'll take. I'll die on the court." - Alvin Williams
Brinbe
RealGM
And1: 36,216

Post#196 » by Brinbe » Sun May 26, 2024 2:56 am

LOL :lol:
Mikistan
RealGM
And1: 38,510

Post#197 » by Mikistan » Sun May 26, 2024 2:59 am

It's important to swipe down on a guard in the lane instead of just go for the block bahahha
bballsparkin
RealGM
And1: 7,701

Post#198 » by bballsparkin » Sun May 26, 2024 3:00 am

raptorstime wrote:[
That trade looks more and more diabolical with each passing game. Masai has a lot of ground to make up.

But why? The Raptors needed to go younger and rebuild the depth. Where were the other teams lining up to offer more for Pascal? They had at least a year to make a better one. For all the slack Masai gets he put former Raptors in the positions they wanted. Kyle to Miami. OG in NYC. Pascal got the team he wanted. Toronto needs to be careful to respect the wishes of former players.

Masai and co need to get their **** picks right is what they need to do!
ItsDanger
RealGM
And1: 23,205

Post#199 » by ItsDanger » Sun May 26, 2024 3:00 am

Crunch time Siakam, we meet again.
Organization can be defined as an organized body of people with a particular purpose. Not random.
greekman
Pro Prospect
And1: 392

Post#200 » by greekman » Sun May 26, 2024 3:02 am

nembhard better be on team canada in paris this summer

Return to Toronto Raptors