ImageImageImageImageImage

Raptors Inside Scoop- Smitch and roster update

Moderators: Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer

WingPlaya
Sophomore
And1: 1

Re: Raptors Inside Scoop- Smitch and roster update 

Post#181 » by WingPlaya » Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:01 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9ZN7Y6H ... re=related

Marbury may be crazy (I think he's more misunderstood than anything, his situation in NYK is absolutely ridiculous) but damn... that kid could play. Probably one of the quickest first steps i've ever seen, he'd drop 60 on Calderon in his prime. The more I think about his situation in NYK the more I feel bad for him, he's still an 18-8 guy at the very least. Sure he's past his prime but when his prime was that good he can still contribute better than 90% of the players on our current roster.
we should sign AI so we can have a rapping raptor
Dennis P
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#182 » by Dennis P » Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:16 pm

Duncanfan wrote:
Dennis P wrote:
Dennis P wrote:
Gross....

I thought the idea was to get better?

actually I wasn't even talking to you but no surprise to see you jump in. Adam Morrison stinks... teams look to attack him whenever he's on the court. He hasn't been the same since he was crying on the basketball court.

Keep that soft loser far, FAR away from my soft Raps PLEASE!!!

Amo is in his third year in the pros. Chances of him getting a nice juicy extension are none. Also, I don't think the Bobcats are interested in keeping him around and no one would really want to trade for him. I can see the bobcats dumping him just so they don't have to resign him next year and waste more money. For us, once we deal Kapono, we will need a shooter, Morrison can come to the court for abt 12-14 mins a game and knock down shats. He is just like Kapono, poor defender, poor athlete, low IQ player. Atleast the guy shoots whenever he touches the ball.

I swear you guys only think about one thing and one thing only OFFENSE. I want no part of Adam Morrison, he is as bad a Pono on the perimeter and can't score nearly as well.
HiJiNX
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 12,230

Post#183 » by HiJiNX » Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:17 pm

The problem with Marbury...he doesn't play defense. But still, he's athletic, can actually play well when he wants and is better than any SG on our team and can run the team when Jose is on the bench. It makes a whole lot of sense, even if it's just for the season.
not strong, only aggresive cuz the power ain't directed/ that's why, we are subjected to the will of the oppressive
Dennis P
Banned User

Post#184 » by Dennis P » Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:18 pm

Alfred wrote:
Dennis P wrote:
actually I wasn't even talking to you but no surprise to see you jump in. Adam Morrison stinks... teams look to attack him whenever he's on the court. He hasn't been the same since he was crying on the basketball court.

Keep that soft loser far, FAR away from my soft Raps PLEASE!!!

We trade the DREGS of our team (and an arguably SOFTER player in Kapono) for Gerald Wallace and Morrison and we get WORSE? What is wrong with you?

EDIT:

Honestly, Joey Graham, Solomon, Kapono and Hassan Adams are not worth Gerald Wallace. Release Morrison for all I care, but if you think that we're getting worse with THAT trade, you should stop talking about basketball.

Obviously attention to detail is not your forte. Adam Morrison is what I was referring when I said gross that's why I put his name in BOLD
PHANTOMPHOENIX
Head Coach
And1: 1,074

Post#185 » by PHANTOMPHOENIX » Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:35 pm

There are a couple teams that I believe would be interested in Kapono but the Bobcats certainly aren't one of them.

If the Bobcats deal Wallace it will be to unload his salary and there aren't really that many suitors out there because of his contract and injury history.
Lionel Messi
Banned User
And1: 14

Post#186 » by Lionel Messi » Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:55 pm

i watched a few bobcats games...

morrison is a pretty decent offensive player for them, he can shoot from anywhere and he's quite a passer, once he gets control of the ball when he's dribbling.

but he could easily get good minutes on our team, he's a much better playmaker offensively than moon and even AP...but id rather have AP for his defense (when PT is limited and greater ability to shoot)
Alfred
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,853

Post#187 » by Alfred » Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:03 am

DennisP wrote:Obviously attention to detail is not your forte. Adam Morrison is what I was referring when I said gross that's why I put his name in BOLD

:lol:

DennisP wrote:Gross....

So that trade doesn't make us better, or were you not paying attention? Like, how does that even make sense if you're just talking about Morrison? Please, try to stretch this into something that even remotely makes sense Image
Dennis P
Banned User

Post#188 » by Dennis P » Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:23 am

Alfred wrote:
DennisP wrote:Obviously attention to detail is not your forte. Adam Morrison is what I was referring when I said gross that's why I put his name in BOLD

:lol:

DennisP wrote:Gross....

So that trade doesn't make us better, or were you not paying attention? Like, how does that even make sense if you're just talking about Morrison? Please, try to stretch this into something that even remotely makes sense Image

oh... you got me there Alfred! nothing get's past you. you even brought out the special smily.
HiJiNX
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 12,230

Post#189 » by HiJiNX » Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:34 am

Looks like what Smitch and BC talked about was getting out to run off defensive stops, and instead of doubling the post on defense, funneling perimeter guys to the corner and then trap them on the wing/baseline...I posted something very similar the other day.

EDIT: Maybe I was wrong about the defense thing.
not strong, only aggresive cuz the power ain't directed/ that's why, we are subjected to the will of the oppressive
Dennis P
Banned User

Post#190 » by Dennis P » Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:05 am

graham's getting mins.
O'DEAN_MAGNUM
Pro Prospect

Post#191 » by O'DEAN_MAGNUM » Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:22 am

call me crazy but to upgrade the 2/3 position from AP/Moon to....Marbury/Wallace would represent a monumental upgrade.

I'd get very excited if this were to transipire.
Canadian Troops out of Afghanistan, NOW!
RockTHECasbah
Lead Assistant
And1: 10

Post#192 » by RockTHECasbah » Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:37 am

I say its win win

if Wallace and Oneal get injured we have an excuse to get a better draft pick

if they're healthy we can challenge the 2nd tier teams like Detroit and Cleveland and maybe get a lucky trip to the finals
Know anyone who is disabled? has an addiction?
HandyTax - Your Canadian Disability Tax Credit Consultants
http://www.handytax.ca
blizzah
Pro Prospect
And1: 1

Post#193 » by blizzah » Thu Nov 27, 2008 2:02 am

Its alright, we don't need Wallace. Joey is gon be a MVP
EventHorizon
Assistant Coach
And1: 306

Post#194 » by EventHorizon » Thu Nov 27, 2008 2:25 am

Wallace is never coming to Toronto. Kapono is useless, Hump had an off night. Smitch saved his job by playing Bosh like a horse.
Rapsobsessed7
RealGM
And1: 4,553

Post#195 » by Rapsobsessed7 » Thu Nov 27, 2008 2:31 am

****, i think wallace improves this team drastically, im not giving up bargnani for wallace maybe for j rich but not wallace. Carroll and morrison are useless kapono would get more open shot in Charlotte and hump played ok defense. i dont think adding graham to the mix changes the trade i unno but i want him on this team or j rich
Canadafan wrote:Bojan Burks Stewart for Siakam.
2 expiring vets that help now. A young big to add to the Scottie timeline
I'd prefer to keep Stew and give Monte Morris
I'd really prefer to keep Morris and Stew and give the great Killian Hayes and 2nd round picks
latino469
Junior

Post#196 » by latino469 » Thu Nov 27, 2008 2:55 am

so lets get wallace and Stephon Marbury
is this even possible
[SJJ]
General Manager
And1: 3,222

Post#197 » by [SJJ] » Thu Nov 27, 2008 3:04 am

latino469 wrote:so lets get wallace and Stephon Marbury
is this even possible

Theoretically... yes
Rapsobsessed7
RealGM
And1: 4,553

Post#198 » by Rapsobsessed7 » Thu Nov 27, 2008 3:12 am

bosh would crave a guy like wallace takes pressure off him and give him someone else to put the damn ball in the basket. no one drives but him, he needs wallace. also having calderon will enhance his game
Canadafan wrote:Bojan Burks Stewart for Siakam.
2 expiring vets that help now. A young big to add to the Scottie timeline
I'd prefer to keep Stew and give Monte Morris
I'd really prefer to keep Morris and Stew and give the great Killian Hayes and 2nd round picks
RaptorReloaded
Veteran
And1: 970

Post#199 » by RaptorReloaded » Thu Nov 27, 2008 3:57 am

Okay....... After watching that game really hard to find anything out of the ordinary I came away with seeing absolutley nothing... No extra PT for kapono.... We didnt seem to give Hump extended minutes either.... and Joey came into the game in the second half and stayed in only due to the fact that he was playing great out there. The only thing i noticed/didnt notice was J.O? Was he even on the bench or in the building?
EventHorizon
Assistant Coach
And1: 306

Post#200 » by EventHorizon » Thu Nov 27, 2008 4:26 am

Same roster and coach for the foreseeable future.

Return to Toronto Raptors