ImageImageImageImageImage

Palm Beach Post: Wade should tell Riley to trade for Bosh

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

Dennis P
Banned User
And1: 0

Re: Palm Beach Post: Wade should tell Riley to trade for Bosh 

Post#181 » by Dennis P » Wed May 6, 2009 4:34 pm

I would do a three way trade where we end up with Beasley, Chalmers and a lottery pick and we get rid of Kapono's contract.

Beasley really isn't as bad as people make him out to be here. He is coming off a rookie season and with more playing time could be a STEAL. I wouldn't do it straight up but I think the kid has great upside at the 3
J-Roc
RealGM
And1: 7,550

Post#182 » by J-Roc » Wed May 6, 2009 5:59 pm

As much as it makes sense, it would not go well with MLSE and average fans to trade Bosh and the value you get back is.....to get rid of bad contracts, one of which was signed by BC, the other which was traded for by BC.
miamiballer
General Manager
And1: 1,519

Post#183 » by miamiballer » Wed May 6, 2009 9:21 pm

Warned via PM
Boner Champ
Bench Warmer
And1: 8

Post#184 » by Boner Champ » Wed May 6, 2009 9:35 pm

miamiballer wrote:so this really reminds me of this past trading deadline where tor fans were vehmently against marion AND banks for JO, moon, pick but it happened anyway...face it, riley will crap all over BC again and take bosh from you guys...and the funny thing is, you guys are solely mistaken in your evaluation of beasley...i think after his rookie yr he is a better prospect than bosh was and can be a monster pf or sf, he is capable of either one...riley would do the deal just because he is impatient and wants to keep wade happy....

I was actually going to draft an articulate response as to why this is ridiculous, but if you can't comprehend just how raw a deal your GM got in hindsight, I don't think you'd get it anyway.
miamiballer
General Manager

Post#185 » by miamiballer » Wed May 6, 2009 9:41 pm

^ honestly, w/ those 8 mil in cap wed have now, itd be kind of worthless...besides we got out of 2010 deadweight and a pick in the process...JO was a much better fit for us than marion was to boot...not saying its a bad deal for TO either but riley really took your GM to the cleaners in terms of draft value by using other teams as leverage
israeli_jordan
Banned User

Post#186 » by israeli_jordan » Wed May 6, 2009 9:52 pm

miamiballer wrote:^ honestly, w/ those 8 mil in cap wed have now, itd be kind of worthless...besides we got out of 2010 deadweight and a pick in the process...JO was a much better fit for us than marion was to boot...not saying its a bad deal for TO either but riley really took your GM to the cleaners in terms of draft value by using other teams as leverage

what about the cash miami gave toronto which effectively translates to acquiring a first round pick from another team? isn't that essentially the same when the toronto pick miami received is protected?

people tend to think that bc made a grave mistake by offering a conditional first round pick to miami but fail to realize that miami practically returned the offer by giving up cash that could potentially buy a higher pick with much more flexibility.

i'm not debating as to who 'won' or 'lost' the trade becuse both teams disapppointed at the end of the day, but dont get the draft pick twisted.
hsb
RealGM
And1: 15,858

Post#187 » by hsb » Wed May 6, 2009 9:54 pm

miamiballer wrote:face it, riley will crap all over BC again

miamiballer wrote:not saying its a bad deal for TO either

Right...

BC proved most of this board wrong, including me. He did well by trading with Miami.

hsb wrote:These articles from Miami are hilariously...stupid. I hope their fans are not that dumb (awaits 10 people with names having Flash, Heat or Wade in it).

Glad you made it here miamiballer.
"I definitely knew he traveled, but I didn't know they were going to call it. That was one of them situations in which a great player made a move...and they called the call. And I was like, 'Oh, man, there is a God.'
miamiballer
General Manager

Post#188 » by miamiballer » Wed May 6, 2009 9:56 pm

^ yeah i said in my argument that riley beat out BC in terms of value (by bluffing and using other teams as leverage) but that the trade wasnt all that bad for toronto in the end also
theSkinny
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,277

Post#189 » by theSkinny » Wed May 6, 2009 10:01 pm

miamiballer wrote:so this really reminds me of this past trading deadline where tor fans were vehmently against marion AND banks for JO, moon, pick but it happened anyway...face it, riley will crap all over BC again and take bosh from you guys...and the funny thing is, you guys are solely mistaken in your evaluation of beasley...i think after his rookie yr he is a better prospect than bosh was and can be a monster pf or sf, he is capable of either one...riley would do the deal just because he is impatient and wants to keep wade happy....

We do not tolerate posters coming from other boards and speaking like this. I suggest you change your style or we will have to dish out some warnings or board bans..
Batmanz
Banned User

Post#190 » by Batmanz » Wed May 6, 2009 10:20 pm

beasley seems like he has a bad attitude..I wouldn't want him on my team

Miami has no one of interest for anyone in the league maybe JO's expiring but thats it

IMO they should trade Wade and rebuild

I thought Wade was gonna be injured for the rest of his career and his j isn't all that consistent but if he plays like he did last season..I'd take him..he must be on steroids
basketball royalty
RealGM
And1: 2,963

Post#191 » by basketball royalty » Wed May 6, 2009 10:48 pm

As good as he is on offense, I can't shake the feeling that he deserves to be riding in the short bus and will just prove to be a faux star and cancer eventually.
props to Turbozone for the sig
Dennis P
Banned User

Post#192 » by Dennis P » Wed May 6, 2009 11:19 pm

basketball royalty wrote:As good as he is on offense, I can't shake the feeling that he deserves to be riding in the short bus and will just prove to be a faux star and cancer eventually.

:lol:

Not the sharpest knife in the door? the elevator doesn't go all the way up?

The kid can ball though....
TiKusDom
Banned User
And1: 117

Post#193 » by TiKusDom » Thu May 7, 2009 1:12 am

I wonder how it is Riley "crapped" on BC when we got the far better player, the far healthier player , far more financial flexibility and massive cap wiggle room if we choose not to resign Marion, and cash maneuverability to move up in the draft or buy another pick ? Saving millions, and not to mention giving us the financial flexibility to eventually use that cap space to make significant moves if we chose not to resign Marion. In my eyes BC won in every way possible. Getting rid of Moon was an extra bonus.
basketball royalty
RealGM
And1: 2,963

Post#194 » by basketball royalty » Thu May 7, 2009 1:16 am

TiKusDom wrote:I wonder how it is Riley "crapped" on BC when we got the far better player, the far healthier player , far more financial flexibility and massive cap wiggle room if we choose not to resign Marion, and cash maneuverability to move up in the draft or buy another pick ? Saving millions, and not to mention giving us the financial flexibility to eventually use that cap space to make significant moves if we chose not to resign Marion. In my eyes BC won in every way possible. Getting rid of Moon was an extra bonus.

The only thing you have to admit was a negative was the draft pick. However, since BC is an arrogant dude and has confidence the pick wont be worth a damn and will be in the 20s it will turn out fine.
props to Turbozone for the sig
Tim_Hardawayy
RealGM
And1: 8,110

Post#195 » by Tim_Hardawayy » Thu May 7, 2009 1:21 am

disahstar wrote:beasley seems like he has a bad attitude..I wouldn't want him on my team

Miami has no one of interest for anyone in the league maybe JO's expiring but thats it

IMO they should trade Wade and rebuild

I thought Wade was gonna be injured for the rest of his career and his j isn't all that consistent but if he plays like he did last season..I'd take him..he must be on steroids

Man its too bad you're not our GM, you'd totally take the Heat to the next level. Stupid Riley...
Tim_Hardawayy
RealGM

Post#196 » by Tim_Hardawayy » Thu May 7, 2009 1:23 am

TiKusDom wrote:I wonder how it is Riley "crapped" on BC when we got the far better player, the far healthier player , far more financial flexibility and massive cap wiggle room if we choose not to resign Marion, and cash maneuverability to move up in the draft or buy another pick ? Saving millions, and not to mention giving us the financial flexibility to eventually use that cap space to make significant moves if we chose not to resign Marion. In my eyes BC won in every way possible. Getting rid of Moon was an extra bonus.

Thank God you got rid of Moon, with his sub million dollar contract. And his horrible attitude.

Man I wish we had Marion and his blown layups and broken jumper back. Well, at least he was a decent defender...

I mean it wasn't an amazing deal for Miami... but Toronto didn't exactly do that hot either. This summer is a make-or-break for that deal, if Colangelo doesn't get you guys something good with the capspace available, it won't be a good deal. I guess we'll see if you guys can get a Ben Gordon or something.
TiKusDom
Banned User
And1: 117

Post#197 » by TiKusDom » Thu May 7, 2009 1:36 am

Tim_Hardawayy wrote:

Thank God you got rid of Moon, with his sub million dollar contract. And his horrible attitude.

Man I wish we had Marion and his blown layups and broken jumper back. Well, at least he was a decent defender...

I mean it wasn't an amazing deal for Miami... but Toronto didn't exactly do that hot either. This summer is a make-or-break for that deal, if Colangelo doesn't get you guys something good with the capspace available, it won't be a good deal. I guess we'll see if you guys can get a Ben Gordon or something.

its not just his horrible attitude, it was his dumb iq plays, his smiling after making atrocious plays, one time Bosh had to rip into him because he basically cost us the game, what does moon do? Walk away laughing. Biting on a pump fake against OKC and commiting a foul that basically cost us the game, I could go on and on , you cant expect much from a d-leaguer but for the love of god dont jump on every pump fake you see and DONT LAUGH when the Captain is ripping into you. Removing his IQ was addition by subtraction, our team's IQ level jumped up a great deal just by moving him. Marion's IQ at SF is leaps and bounds ahead of Moon. Marion literally looks, moves, and knows exactly when and where to be and his basketball IQ is easily visible to be leaps and bounds beyond Moons.
J-Roc
RealGM
And1: 7,550

Post#198 » by J-Roc » Thu May 7, 2009 1:48 am

Instead of bluffing, Riley should have just went after Brad Miller and John Salmons.
Tim_Hardawayy
RealGM

Post#199 » by Tim_Hardawayy » Thu May 7, 2009 2:08 am

TiKusDom wrote:its not just his horrible attitude, it was his dumb iq plays, his smiling after making atrocious plays, one time Bosh had to rip into him because he basically cost us the game, what does moon do? Walk away laughing. Biting on a pump fake against OKC and commiting a foul that basically cost us the game, I could go on and on , you cant expect much from a d-leaguer but for the love of god dont jump on every pump fake you see and DONT LAUGH when the Captain is ripping into you. Removing his IQ was addition by subtraction, our team's IQ level jumped up a great deal just by moving him. Marion's IQ at SF is leaps and bounds ahead of Moon. Marion literally looks, moves, and knows exactly when and where to be and his basketball IQ is easily visible to be leaps and bounds beyond Moons.

I'm not saying Moon > Marion, I don't think any sane person would.

What I'm saying is, you can easily bench Moon if he's really that much of a distraction. He's a minimum salary player. If he gets to keep playing that is the coaches fault for playing him, or the GM's for not providing you alternatives at the small forward spot.

You're talking about him like he was some albatross or something.
Wade2k6
RealGM
And1: 77

Post#200 » by Wade2k6 » Thu May 7, 2009 2:25 am

Alfred wrote:His defense improved like crazy from day 1? Then why is he being called out by all of your major newspapers for not playing any defense, especially at the SF spot?

I don't know if this has been commented on or not, but I'll comment on it regardless (and I'm not trying to start any flamewars or anything).

His defense has improved alot from day 1. His first month or 2 he was an awful defender (then Spo really started to reduce his minutes). By the all-star break you could see a noticeable difference in his defensive game. Since the all-star break he has really applied himself to the defensive end (probably so he could stay on the court) and his defense wasn't bad. He has been/ right now is a decent defender. His man D is ahead of his rotational and team D at this point. He gets lost on rotations at times and has slow rotations, but it's still ahead of what is was at in the beginning of the year. It's encouraging to MIA fans the improvement in both his defense and rebounding

Saying that, it's understandable that TOR wouldn't want to trade Bosh for Beasley+. But to some of these people acting like Beasley is some scrub need to start watching him more. He put up nearly identical stats (give or take) to Bosh/Amare/KG/Boozer their rookie years (in less minutes).

Return to Toronto Raptors