ImageImageImageImageImage

2023-24 Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread V2.0

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

YogurtProducer
RealGM
And1: 27,525

Re: 2023-24 Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread V2.0 

Post#1981 » by YogurtProducer » Sat Mar 16, 2024 2:12 pm

islandboy53 wrote:
UnbelievablyRAW wrote:
islandboy53 wrote:
I just don't understand some people's obsession with getting rid of Poeltl. His value to the team is clear. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Id do it if I loved one of those top guys.

Poeltl will be 28 next year and isn’t the difference between us being a playoff team and a lottery team. We’re lottery regardless, maybe play in at best next year.

If we can trade him for a top 10 pick we can add another high level prospect to add to our core rather than keep Poeltl through his prime when it doesn’t change our trajectory

We're tanking (ie. giving a lot of minutes to young guys who would otherwise have trouble seeing the floor) only because of the injuries to Barnes and Poeltl. Absent those injuries, we would be competing for the play in, and will be again next year, with Poeltl, as well as 2 draft picks and whoever we pick up in FA. Our trajectory is already in the right direction, despite the temporary step back we've been forced to take.

Yeah this team full healthy with a training camp might actually be solid. If we luck into a top 3 pick and get a guy who can contribute next year as well that is just a bonus
What an absolute failure and disaster this franchise is, ran by one of the most incompetent front offices in the league.
- Raptors RealGM Forum re: Masai Ujiri - June 2023
Son Goku 25
RealGM
And1: 40,601

Post#1982 » by Son Goku 25 » Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:51 pm

Excited to see who we throw our max to
ArthurVandelay
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,092

Post#1983 » by ArthurVandelay » Sat Mar 16, 2024 9:03 pm

Son Goku 25 wrote:Excited to see who we throw our max to

I’d be surprised.

I think it’s more likely they operate above the cap, but I hope that involves trades of Brown/s&t Gary/boucher than keeping those guys and using exceptions.
islandboy53
Rookie
And1: 610

Post#1984 » by islandboy53 » Sat Mar 16, 2024 11:39 pm

Son Goku 25 wrote:Excited to see who we throw our max to

You forgot the green font.
BoyzNTheHood
Head Coach
And1: 5,924

Post#1985 » by BoyzNTheHood » Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:19 am

He should be in the NBA

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=iDergfyDJveIq9pY2qCCBQ
deeps6x wrote:I guarantee you that (Jaylen) Brown and (Kris) Dunn are drafted OUT of the top 5.
deeps6x
General Manager
And1: 5,951

Post#1986 » by deeps6x » Sun Mar 17, 2024 2:10 am

Well he's already a Spur, so who is he going to replace?
BoyzNTheHood wrote:I apologize, I have incredibly small genitalia
MessiahUjiri
Analyst
And1: 3,819

Post#1987 » by MessiahUjiri » Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:35 pm

BoyzNTheHood wrote:He should be in the NBA

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=iDergfyDJveIq9pY2qCCBQ

Look at me

He is the captain now

:lol:
Fire everyone who doesn't win the NBA championship.

Tank for 2050. Robot players.

AbeVigodaLive wrote:NZ native, Steven Adams, was initially cast as Gandalf in Lord in the Rings... until Director Peter Jackson replaced him with a younger looking actor.
YogurtProducer
RealGM

Post#1988 » by YogurtProducer » Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:27 pm

Was looking to see what options there is out there for a Bruce Brown off-season trade.

The only thing that really would be interesting would be going after Mikal Bridges to pair with Scottie. But that would take Brown as simply salary filler and then throwing like every pick we have at Brooklyn.
What an absolute failure and disaster this franchise is, ran by one of the most incompetent front offices in the league.
OakleyDokely
RealGM
And1: 64,155

Post#1989 » by OakleyDokely » Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:32 pm

YogurtProducer wrote:Was looking to see what options there is out there for a Bruce Brown off-season trade.

The only thing that really would be interesting would be going after Mikal Bridges to pair with Scottie. But that would take Brown as simply salary filler and then throwing like every pick we have at Brooklyn.

Nets missed the boat when HOU offered their picks for him and they declined.
YogurtProducer
RealGM

Post#1990 » by YogurtProducer » Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:39 pm

OakleyDokely wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:Was looking to see what options there is out there for a Bruce Brown off-season trade.

For their own sake hopefully they are not that dumb going forward.

Bridges is a guy I would be pretty comfortable throwing picks at for. 2 more years at an absolute bargain deal
OakleyDokely
RealGM
And1: 64,155

Post#1991 » by OakleyDokely » Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:00 pm

YogurtProducer wrote:
OakleyDokely wrote:

Bridges is a guy I would be pretty comfortable throwing picks at for. 2 more years at an absolute bargain deal

I like Bridges as well, but he's going to be 28 at the end of the year and he's more of a 3rd option on a championship level team. Nets should really be selling high on him or they better have a superstar lined up to play with him.
ArthurVandelay
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,092

Post#1992 » by ArthurVandelay » Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:39 pm

I hope they take on unattractive contracts for more assets (read: prospects and picks).
YogurtProducer
RealGM

Post#1993 » by YogurtProducer » Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:37 pm

OakleyDokely wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:
OakleyDokely wrote:

I like Bridges as well, but he's going to be 28 at the end of the year and he's more of a 3rd option on a championship level team. Nets should really be selling high on him or they better have a superstar lined up to play with him.

I think in the right situation Bridges could be a #2. The only thing is Bridges/Barnes seem like a pretty seemless fit and he also fits a need in our SL as well.
islandboy53
Rookie

Post#1994 » by islandboy53 » Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:24 pm

ArthurVandelay wrote:

I hope they take on unattractive contracts for more assets (read: prospects and picks).

Here's a trade possibility with Houston. The Rockets could benefit from Brown's veteran presence, championship experience, ball handling, defence, versatility, etc. They need to send out $14.5 million to make it work, so that means 2 of Jeff Green, Tate and Landale with their options taken up/salary guaranteed as required. All 3 are expiring or equivalent to expiring, but let's go with Tate and Landale for discussion. To make the deal worth Toronto's while, Houston adds a pick or picks, let's say the Rockets' 25 1st, which likely ends up being swapped with Brooklyn. You can quibble about the pick, but conceptually I think this is a reasonable deal for both sides. I'll be back with other ideas.
PoundTown
Sixth Man
And1: 1,203

Post#1995 » by PoundTown » Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:34 pm

Just read that gabe Vincent thinks he could be back this year for lakers. If he comes back and plays solid ball, I think he could be an option for trade for brown and would fit our squad well as a two way backup point guard who can continue to help us with three point shooting and can play in a team system offensively. Definitely, depends on him coming back and proving he’s still a player. 2 years, 22 mil left on his contract after this season.
OAKLEY_2
RealGM
And1: 8,980

Post#1996 » by OAKLEY_2 » Fri Mar 22, 2024 9:57 am

I see a Quickley/Brown backcourt next season. Barrett will be replacing OG at small foward . Scottie plays power forward and Poetl-Kelly-Jontay have Centre all locked up. Jontay looks like he can play some backup power forward and ditto for Olynyk.

Holes. Athletic power forward depth. Back-up point guard or swing guard depth. Depth at Small forward.

If we do not convey number 6 then much more exciting draft with Castle or Sheppard.

Pacers pick. Small Ford Dillon Jones as Barrett backup.

Detroit pick. Possibly dealt with Chris Boucher to Charlotte for Vasilije Micic.

Centre: Poetl/Kelly/Jontay
Power Forward: Barnes/Nwora/McDaniels
Small Forward: Barrett/Gradey/Dillon Jones
Shooting Guard: Bruce Brown/Gradey/Steph Castle
Point guard: IQ/Vasilije Micic/JFL

Agbaji/Gueye
YogurtProducer
RealGM

Post#1997 » by YogurtProducer » Fri Mar 22, 2024 1:54 pm

OAKLEY_2 wrote:

I see a Quickley/Brown backcourt next season. Barrett will be replacing OG at small foward . Scottie plays power forward and Poetl-Kelly-Jontay have Centre all locked up. Jontay looks like he can play some backup power forward and ditto for Olynyk.

Holes. Athletic power forward depth. Back-up point guard or swing guard depth. Depth at Small forward.

If we do not convey number 6 then much more exciting draft with Castle or Sheppard.

Pacers pick. Small Ford Dillon Jones as Barrett backup.

Detroit pick. Possibly dealt with Chris Boucher to Charlotte for Vasilije Micic.

Centre: Poetl/Kelly/Jontay
Power Forward: Barnes/Nwora/McDaniels
Small Forward: Barrett/Gradey/Dillon Jones
Shooting Guard: Bruce Brown/Gradey/Steph Castle
Point guard: IQ/Vasilije Micic/JFL

Agbaji/Gueye

Brown starting just does not work with RJ and Barnes both also ?'s as shooters. Brown/RJ/Scottie is just the same fit issues as OG/Siakam/Barnes except the new players are worse in every fashion.

I find it much more likely we bring back GTJ than Brown tbh
TorontoBarneys
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,356

Post#1998 » by TorontoBarneys » Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:07 pm

I think we keep Bruce for sure in the effort of trying to find a '25 1st for him next deadline, even if it's part of a greater overall package. That expiring will be worth more to certain teams in the '25 offseason than it will for us.
islandboy53
Rookie

Post#1999 » by islandboy53 » Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:40 pm

TorontoBarneys wrote:I think we keep Bruce for sure in the effort of trying to find a '25 1st for him next deadline, even if it's part of a greater overall package. That expiring will be worth more to certain teams in the '25 offseason than it will for us.

Yup. For sure we keep him (ie. pick up his option) and move him, whether on draft weekend, this summer or at the deadline. I think a lot of folks ignore the value of the expiring, whether to clear space the following season, or as matching salary in a larger trade. This is all in addition to his value on the court.
Jtoneller1
Junior
And1: 186

Post#2000 » by Jtoneller1 » Sat Mar 23, 2024 12:00 am

How about Brown and the Pacers pick for a S&T Patrick Williams?

Sent from my Pixel 6 using RealGM mobile app

Return to Toronto Raptors