ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Mo Will considered retirement after LeBron left to Miami

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, Morris_Shatford, DG88, HiJiNX, niQ, Reeko, lebron stopper

team edward
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,981

Re: OT: Mo Will considered retirement after LeBron left to Miami 

Post#21 » by team edward » Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:16 am

Gold Chain wrote:Think about your life and then Mo's quote.

That makes sense to me.

i know it adds nothing to the thread, but +1.
allenyang
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#22 » by allenyang » Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:29 am

sanity wrote:What a little follower bitch.

Can't blame Mo if you had watched the "lebron is gay" youtube clip. They were tight, too tight I guess.
HighOctane
Lead Assistant
And1: 363

Post#23 » by HighOctane » Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:48 am

Mo Williams to Miami Heat.
PoloUte
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#24 » by PoloUte » Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:54 am

I dont get the replies saying they understand where Mo is coming from. In any job you work people come and people go if you have friends where you work or one of them is a really good employee that makes your job a lil easier would you cash in your RRSP for an early retirement just because that other person got a new job?

It has nothing to do with the "hes making millions" jealousy thing like another poster brought up its about being a MAN grow a pair Mo.
OvertimeNO
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,663

Post#25 » by OvertimeNO » Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:57 am

PoloUte wrote:I dont get the replies saying they understand where Mo is coming from. In any job you work people come and people go if you have friends where you work or one of them is a really good employee that makes your job a lil easier would you cash in your RRSP for an early retirement just because that other person got a new job?

It has nothing to do with the "hes making millions" jealousy thing like another poster brought up its about being a MAN grow a pair Mo

He didn't actually quit. He just thought about it.

I once thought about stealing something I wanted. Does that make me a thief?
I once thought about drawing a picture. Does that make me an artist? Etc.

Apparently millionaires aren't allowed to admit they have, you know, thoughts and feelings and stuff.
"If it ain't broke, don't break it." - Charles Oakley
Harry Palmer
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,516

Post#26 » by Harry Palmer » Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:59 am

I haven't lived your life, experienced your experiences, or know your reasoning, but I am comfortable making your decisions.
OvertimeNO
Lead Assistant

Post#27 » by OvertimeNO » Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:05 am

Harry Palmer wrote:I haven't lived your life, experienced your experiences, or know your reasoning, but I am comfortable making your decisions.

That should be the new tagline for every EA Sports franchise.
Harry Palmer
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#28 » by Harry Palmer » Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:07 am

OvertimeNO wrote:
Harry Palmer wrote:I haven't lived your life, experienced your experiences, or know your reasoning, but I am comfortable making your decisions.

It isn't? I may have misquoted.
OvertimeNO
Lead Assistant

Post#29 » by OvertimeNO » Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:15 am

Harry Palmer wrote:
OvertimeNO wrote:

It isn't? I may have misquoted.

On a parallel tangent, it would be interesting to see a sports game where you take control not of a player but of a fan. The opportunities for recursivity would be mind-boggling.
Harry Palmer
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#30 » by Harry Palmer » Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:20 am

[quote="OvertimeNO"]
Especially in Lambeau Field.

(Nohomo.)
timdunkit
RealGM
And1: 586

Post#31 » by timdunkit » Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:21 am

I think he was hurt but he's definately over exaggerating here ... he wasn't ever considering retiremnet, probably wanted to give the media a quote.
PoloUte
Ballboy

Post#32 » by PoloUte » Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:30 am

OvertimeNO wrote:He didn't actually quit. He just thought about it.

Apparently millionaires aren't allowed to admit they have, you know, thoughts and feelings and stuff.

I already said it has nothing to do with the millions. Yes I respect his right to make his own decisions, but i also have the right to my own opinions. Yes he contemplated but didnt follow through, but are you seriously gonna tell me if one of your co-workers got a new job and left, you would think about retiring? Yes if it was a bad workplace and when the other guy left morale dropped then maybe you look for a new working environment but not retirement. And yes millionaires can have thoughts and feelings, Im jus using my free speech to say i think this millionaire thinks and has feelings like a B*tch.

I like how Mo gets sympathy for contemplating retirement after Lebron left, but nobody brings up that he'd be quiting on the city of Cleveland. What Mo jus proved is that he, like some sports fans are lil girls in grown mens bodies acting like spurned lovers when their hero leaves town.
OvertimeNO
Lead Assistant

Post#33 » by OvertimeNO » Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:47 am

PoloUte wrote:
OvertimeNO wrote:He didn't actually quit. He just thought about it.

I already said it has nothing to do with the millions. Yes I respect his right to make his own decisions, but i also have the right to my own opinions. Yes he contemplated but didnt follow through, but are you seriously gonna tell me if one of your co-workers got a new job and left, you would think about retiring?

I would, because I have. And I'm sure I'm not the only one. Everyone has moments of weakness.

PoloUte wrote:And yes millionaires can have thoughts and feelings, Im jus using my free speech to say i think this millionaire thinks and has feelings like a B*tch.

PoloUte wrote:I like how Mo gets sympathy for contemplating retirement after Lebron left, but nobody brings up that he'd be quiting on the city of Cleveland.

Because he didn't?

PoloUte wrote:What Mo jus proved is that he, like some sports fans are lil girls in grown mens bodies acting like spurned lovers when their hero leaves town.

Or maybe he just watched an awesome job suddenly and momentarily turn into a relatively crappier one, and reacted to it? I think the term the kids use these days for such a situation is "ragequit".
PoloUte
Ballboy

Post#34 » by PoloUte » Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:29 am

OvertimeNO wrote:
I would, because I have. And I'm sure I'm not the only one. Everyone has moments of weakness.

Or maybe he just watched an awesome job suddenly and momentarily turn into a relatively crappier one, and reacted to it? I think the term the kids use these days for such a situation is "ragequit".

So your retired? Once again I will reiterate there is a difference between retiring and finding a new situation. Moving to a different job = moving to a different team. retirement=RETIREMENT

In regards to his job becoming crappy, his job is nba player his situation is starting pg for Cavs. While his situation may have become crappy he has the same "profession" he had when he was with the bucks. I guess all the players on the other 29 teams should quit because they have crappy jobs not getting to be on lebrons team?
paul
RealGM
And1: 1,038

Post#35 » by paul » Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:25 am

After looking around the web pretty sure this is the only board that took the bleeding heart approach :D

It never ceases to make me laugh when I see people refer to the life of an NBA player earning $9m a season to play basketball as being like 'any other job'. Seriously, go get paid $9m a year for doing something you love doing and would do for free and then tell me it's just like any other job. Being a child and reacting to your team getting worse by tossing the toys out is not an acceptable reaction, it's the reaction of a bitch, which is why he's wearing so much flack.
Wandy
Junior

Post#36 » by Wandy » Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:18 am

LeBron got him into the All-Star game, bye - bye.
J-Roc
RealGM
And1: 7,550

Post#37 » by J-Roc » Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:16 am

"No WIll" is a bit of a loser. A couple of years ago he bitched about not making it to the all-star team the first go-around (I believe he was an injury replacement). Now, he doesn't feel confident enough to be the #1 option. I'm glad he'll get exposed as a fraud all-star now.
RapsGM
Assistant Coach
And1: 4

Post#38 » by RapsGM » Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:18 am

Mo just said this so he could get some media time. Without Lebron by his side, I don't see any coverage for his ass.
OvertimeNO
Lead Assistant

Post#39 » by OvertimeNO » Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:47 am

paul wrote:It never ceases to make me laugh when I see people refer to the life of an NBA player earning $9m a season to play basketball as being like 'any other job'. Seriously, go get paid $9m a year for doing something you love doing and would do for free and then tell me it's just like any other job.

You and I and every other person on this board would gladly play in Russia for McDonald's money.

But you're making a lot of assumptions. Does Mo Williams actually love doing what he does? Would he do it for free? Or is it just a job for him?

paul wrote:Being a child and reacting to your team getting worse by tossing the toys out is not an acceptable reaction, it's the reaction of a bitch, which is why he's wearing so much flack.

Obviously. But the thing everyone here seems to be glossing over is the fact that he only admitted to thinking about it. He didn't actually do it.

It never ceases to make me laugh when I see people find the most trivial and ridiculous reasons to hate on somebody, even though there are plenty of perfectly reasonable and legitimate reasons to hate on the guy.

But whatever, I'm done with this. Pardon me for interrupting the circlejerk.
FirstInkTDot
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,902

Post#40 » by FirstInkTDot » Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:49 am

Mo Williams will never be seen on tv... Mo who?

Return to Toronto Raptors