ImageImageImageImageImage

Lakers @ Intentional Tankers (Tuesday, April 2 at 7:00 pm ET)

Moderators: Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer

OakleyDokely
RealGM
And1: 64,050

Re: Lakers @ Intentional Tankers (Tuesday, April 2 at 7:00 pm ET) 

Post#21 » by OakleyDokely » Tue Apr 2, 2024 4:23 pm

A team would really need to fall in love with a player to give up significant assets to move up in a draft that lacks star power.

I think the team holding pick 1 or even 2, won't get a lot moving down a couple spots.
ArthurVandelay
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,051

Post#22 » by ArthurVandelay » Tue Apr 2, 2024 4:29 pm

OakleyDokely wrote:A team would really need to fall in love with a player to give up significant assets to move up in a draft that lacks star power.

I think the team holding pick 1 or even 2, won't get a lot moving down a couple spots.

I could see the spurs really liking Topic
tecumseh18
RealGM
And1: 10,224

Post#23 » by tecumseh18 » Tue Apr 2, 2024 5:32 pm

OakleyDokely wrote:
Reeko wrote:
Dirk wrote:Image

Just call us the Toronto Jeffersons cuz we're Movin' on up.

This is a draft where I don't even want the #1 pick. Give me pick 3 or 4 because whomever is selected #1 is going to have the pressure of being the #1 pick when he probably would've went 7th in another draft.

The intensity of this (clearly) intentional tank suggests to me that Masai/Dan have homed in on a particular guy they want. I'm guessing its Risacher. And I would trust their judgment.
DelAbbot
RealGM
And1: 19,277

Post#24 » by DelAbbot » Tue Apr 2, 2024 5:33 pm

OakleyDokely wrote:A team would really need to fall in love with a player to give up significant assets to move up in a draft that lacks star power.

This comment just reminds me how I thought Masai was so cheap not offering more than a future FRP while frantically calling other FOs for a pick to grab Giannis
F22_Raptor
Sixth Man
And1: 3,502

GT#75 - Lakeshow @ Raptors Tues Apr 2 @ 7 PM EDT TSN/1050AM 

Post#25 » by F22_Raptor » Tue Apr 2, 2024 5:45 pm

#LEBRONTO

Tor_Raps
RealGM
And1: 38,887

Post#26 » by Tor_Raps » Tue Apr 2, 2024 5:47 pm

DelAbbot wrote:

This comment just reminds me how I thought Masai was so cheap not offering more than a future FRP while frantically calling other FOs for a pick to grab Gannis

Always makes me laugh that "masai desperately wanted Giannis" but couldn't even make a damn good offer for him. Like if he really wanted him, he should have been able to get the 15th pick overall or whatever Giannis was.

You know who Masai really wanted and got? Poeltl lol
Tor_Raps
RealGM
And1: 38,887

Re: GT#75 - Lakeshow @ Raptors Tues Apr 2 @ 7 PM EDT TSN/1050AM 

Post#27 » by Tor_Raps » Tue Apr 2, 2024 5:48 pm

Game thread already exists bruh lol
DelAbbot
RealGM

Post#28 » by DelAbbot » Tue Apr 2, 2024 5:58 pm

Tor_Raps wrote:
DelAbbot wrote:

This comment just reminds me how I thought Masai was so cheap not offering more than a future FRP while frantically calling other FOs for a pick to grab Gannis

Always makes me laugh that "masai desperately wanted Giannis" but couldn't even make a damn good offer for him. Like if he really wanted him, he should have been able to get the 15th pick overall or whatever Giannis was.

You know who Masai really wanted and got? Poeltl lol

Jokes aside, I think it's all related. It points to his stubborn-ness on getting value i.e. "winning a trade". Some people are stubborn / cheap to not trade, even if they deem the benefits of the trade are great, because they don't want to "overpay". This is the same reason he held onto OG and PS for so long
WuTang_OG
RealGM
And1: 44,312

Post#29 » by WuTang_OG » Tue Apr 2, 2024 6:06 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20
DelAbbot
RealGM

Post#30 » by DelAbbot » Tue Apr 2, 2024 6:08 pm

tecumseh18 wrote:
OakleyDokely wrote:
Reeko wrote:Just call us the Toronto Jeffersons cuz we're Movin' on up.

This is a draft where I don't even want the #1 pick. Give me pick 3 or 4 because whomever is selected #1 is going to have the pressure of being the #1 pick when he probably would've went 7th in another draft.

The intensity of this (clearly) intentional tank suggests to me that Masai/Dan have homed in on a particular guy they want. I'm guessing its Risacher. And I would trust their judgment.

How convenient Scottie hurt himself just as soon as Masai identified a prospect he wants
MiamiSPX
Analyst
And1: 4,348

Post#31 » by MiamiSPX » Tue Apr 2, 2024 6:09 pm

Lakers aren't world beaters but we have nobody available to contain AD, and he has been playing lights out lately.

Pretty sure we see LeBron and AD hamming it up no the bench in the 4th, as they'll be sitting by then.
TorontoBarneys
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,353

Post#32 » by TorontoBarneys » Tue Apr 2, 2024 6:22 pm

The last game with the Lakers boiled my blood - this one will elicit exactly zero emotions from me.

WuTang_OG wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

Damn, Masai's heel turn into tanking is elite. Now we are going to intentionally under-hydrate our players next season with a **** potassium-heavy recipe, equaling even more losses. Foresight.
ill-Will03
Rookie
And1: 1,443

Post#33 » by ill-Will03 » Tue Apr 2, 2024 6:44 pm

tecumseh18 wrote:
OakleyDokely wrote:

Are they clearly tanking tho? If they were I think they would have just shut IQ and RJ down for the season.
Chandan
RealGM
And1: 21,302

Post#34 » by Chandan » Tue Apr 2, 2024 6:53 pm

Harcore Fenton Mun wrote:We all know the outcome before the game starts.

should bet on it.
C_Money
RealGM
And1: 25,819

Post#35 » by C_Money » Tue Apr 2, 2024 7:10 pm

ill-Will03 wrote:
tecumseh18 wrote:
OakleyDokely wrote:

Are they clearly tanking tho? If they were I think they would have just shut IQ and RJ down for the season.

GTJ being out for “rest” is a clear tank move. I doubt we’ll see Barrett and Quickley play all remaining 8 games as well.
Dalek
RealGM
And1: 9,497

Post#36 » by Dalek » Tue Apr 2, 2024 7:10 pm

With Barrett and Quick both in the line-up this game becomes watchable. They might be on a minutes restriction if their conditioning is not right, and I am guessing it will be.

This is a sort of marquee match-up with Lebron and AD in town, so I could see this as one we try to win with Memphis winning yesterday. They have to end the losing streak at some point.
Scase
RealGM
And1: 7,802

Post#37 » by Scase » Tue Apr 2, 2024 7:19 pm

tecumseh18 wrote:
OakleyDokely wrote:

So we intentionally tanked by both Jak and Scottie breaking their fingers/hands within 2 days of each other, and they planned on RJs brother passing away, and IQs uncle passing away?

Just so we're being super clear on this.
Props TZ!
GM89
Sophomore
And1: 203

Post#38 » by GM89 » Tue Apr 2, 2024 7:32 pm

Scase wrote:
tecumseh18 wrote:
OakleyDokely wrote:

So we intentionally tanked by both Jak and Scottie breaking their fingers/hands within 2 days of each other, and they planned on RJs brother passing away, and IQs uncle passing away?

Just so we're being super clear on this.

tecumseh18
RealGM
And1: 10,224

Post#39 » by tecumseh18 » Tue Apr 2, 2024 7:38 pm

DelAbbot wrote:
tecumseh18 wrote:
OakleyDokely wrote:

How convenient Scottie hurt himself just as soon as Masai identified a prospect he wants

There are many ways of treating a relatively minor injury to the off-hand. Late season surgeries for the two most important players on this team was certainly an option.Probably not the only option.
Scase
RealGM
And1: 7,802

Post#40 » by Scase » Tue Apr 2, 2024 7:46 pm

tecumseh18 wrote:
DelAbbot wrote:
tecumseh18 wrote:

There are many ways of treating a relatively minor injury to the off-hand. Late season surgeries for the two most important players on this team was certainly an option.Probably not the only option.

Just because the injury is common, doesn't mean it is minor.
For Scottie :
Some metacarpal fractures require surgery. Depending on which type of fracture you have and how badly your bones are damaged, surgery may be required.

For Jak :
When a ligament supporting a finger joint is injured, a piece of the bone it attaches can sometimes be chipped-off. This may prolong your recovery. Recovery may also be prolonged if the ligament is completely torn as surgery may be required to repair the ligament.

But I'm sure you know more than literal doctors, and players are always willing to have unnecessary surgery for ping pong balls. Throw away your tinfoil hat.
Props TZ!

Return to Toronto Raptors