ImageImageImageImageImage

Question from a Pistons fan ?

Moderators: Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer

Anticon
General Manager
And1: 4,964

Post#21 » by Anticon » Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:45 pm

greed416 wrote:i think part of the reason is that the nba/raptors is fairly new to canada. therefore we have a lot of young fans, and a lot uneducated fans of the game. therefore they can only see the small picture and tend to freak out at every small situation because of that.

This is the truth. The Raptors are an expansion team, and we're still very much expansion fans. We don't have anywhere near the knowledge of say Celtics or Knicks, or the experience to understand why problems emerge or how players develop.

Most fans on this board have a memory of about 4 years - to 2008, around the time that Hoffa was drafted. Even Vince fans are slowly becoming a thing of the past.

For the OP, have you been to a Raptors game? Notice the age of the fans and the general attitude of the crowd. There are a lot of people there who sound like they've never seen a basketball game in their lives.

It'll take time to develop a smarter fanbase, but check back in ten years. I'm sure things will be different.
xAIRNESSx
RealGM
And1: 13,189

Post#22 » by xAIRNESSx » Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:48 pm

It's because we're the best.

Other boards are just jealous haters.
Forderon93
Sophomore
And1: 0

Re: Question from a Pistons fan ? 

Post#23 » by Forderon93 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:18 am

gei wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

sellout

Don't jump to conclusions on the game, for all you know he's from Detroit or Windsor, or was a Pistons fan before the Raps even existed.
Zebsterama
Rookie
And1: 547

Post#24 » by Zebsterama » Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:29 am

Simply volume -- I believe.

Canada has a very high Broadband Subcriber ratio ... very high considering how big the country is .... you can fit our population in NY State (if I recall correctly). We're all internet/BB junkies.

http://www.websiteoptimization.com/bw/0511/

Therefore - we've got a volume of opinions all the time.
Very cool, that's what I say.

Return to Toronto Raptors