ImageImageImageImageImage

Are we a Top 3 Team in the East?

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

J Dilla
Banned User
And1: 1,832

Re: Are we a Top 3 Team in the East? 

Post#21 » by J Dilla » Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:32 am

If anyone is new to realgm, this is what happens during the seasons

If Raptors win: I love you, you love me, the Raptors are the best

If Raptors lose: Fire the Smitch, Trade Andrea, CB4 can't lead this team, Raptors are soft
ToffKobe
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#22 » by ToffKobe » Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:35 am

rdtx2005 wrote:
chocolateSens1 wrote:IT'S PRESEASON.

dude.. it's Game 1.. wtf are you smoking?

Not sure if you missed the obvious sarcasm by chocolateSens1 or if it was just me that caught it. I thought it was pretty obvious though.

J Dilla wrote:If anyone is new to realgm, this is what happens during the seasons

If Raptors win: I love you, you love me, the Raptors are the best

If Raptors lose: Fire the Smitch, Trade Andrea, CB4 can't lead this team, Raptors are soft

LOL so true!
5DOM
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,811

Post#23 » by 5DOM » Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:01 am

rdtx's sigs are always classic.
i think last season, he put saturn's prediction of us winning less than 40 games to mock him,
but saturn was actually pretty close lol.
TCHOKE
Head Coach
And1: 312

Post#24 » by TCHOKE » Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:12 am

top 5 maybe top 3 hell no boston detroit cavaliers
MikeA28
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#25 » by MikeA28 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:16 am

TCHOKE wrote:top 5 maybe top 3 hell no boston detroit cavaliers

Boston
Orlando
Toronto
Detroit
Cavs

Thats what I am predicting. Cavs got nothing on us.. Maybe the pistons.. But I like our chances this year!!

and yes flame on!
[SJJ]
General Manager
And1: 3,222

Post#26 » by [SJJ] » Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:19 am

Well why not i mean... its not like we've just played on game in the season and making totally random guesses out of joy=)
inrapscity
General Manager
And1: 62

Post#27 » by inrapscity » Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:28 am

lol. preseason

also lol at thinking that the way raps played tonight makes them a top 3 team in the east.
Hit Em Up
Assistant Coach
And1: 8,778

Post#28 » by Hit Em Up » Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:21 am

If we play like we did tonight??

we got out-rebounded by like 20!

Bargnani had 0 points!

I think we need to play a lot better than we did tonight to be considered a top 3
Black Milk
Lead Assistant
And1: 987

Post#29 » by Black Milk » Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:27 am

Da_Drought_3 wrote:If we play like we did tonight??

Bargnani had 0 points!

I think we need to play a lot better than we did tonight to be considered a top 3

The bolded part is the main concern. Sure we won tonight but thats as because the sixer's cant shoot than it is what we did. We get out rebounded like that against a better team, and we are royally screwed.
TheRaptor!
General Manager
And1: 5,562

Post#30 » by TheRaptor! » Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:25 am

dkhan02 wrote:
Da_Drought_3 wrote:If we play like we did tonight??

Bargnani had 0 points!

The bolded part is the main concern. Sure we won tonight but thats as because the sixer's cant shoot than it is what we did. We get out rebounded like that against a better team, and we are royally screwed.

They got the rebounds b/c of the amount of shots they were missing due to JO's presence in the post from what I have seen, so I think the numbers are a bit inflated. If we had grabbed all the defensive boards (or alot more), the game would have been a blowout.
Rooster
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11

Post#31 » by Rooster » Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:04 am

^Exactly. At one point, Dalembert had 0 points but 5 O-boards, for one.

I liked how we played in the last three quarters. As mentioned, let's see if we can sustain it.
Schadenfreude wrote:Not going to lie, if I found out that one of the seemingly illiterate morons we'd banned on the Raptors board was Primoz Brezec, it'd pretty much make my decade.
08HEMI
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#32 » by 08HEMI » Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:03 am

If our offense starts clicking which I think it will and we continue to play defense like we did last night we may not only be top three but #1 in the east.

Ofcourse we have to stay healthy
Hendrix
RealGM
And1: 3,662

Post#33 » by Hendrix » Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:32 am

Too early to tell.

I saw some very promising things tonight, but also some things that need to be addressed, and fortunatly didn't hurt us as much as it should have. ie giving up offensive rebounds, and giving up open perimiter shots.

They might be fine, I dunno, but just to early to tell. Especially considering we were playing a team that isn't exactly meshed chemistry wise yet.
oak2455 wrote:Do understand English???
Cassius
RealGM
And1: 3,981

Post#34 » by Cassius » Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:53 am

Who else in the league has as many offensive rebounders as the Sixers? Of those teams, how many can shoot it?

Cleveland
Boston
Houston
Atlanta
Lakers
Clippers
Utah

Detroit isn't the same team up front that they used to be, they're winning with guard play.
Orlando has one guy.

Seeing as how the Magic just got dealt with last night and the Hawks aren't seeing us any day of the week, we're a 3-4-5 contender.
I_Like_Dirt wrote:The whole comparison to Kevin McHale is ridiculously close, imo... And that's without more hilarious aspects of the comparison, e.g. if Wally Sczerbiak were 7 feet tall with the slower reflexes that came with the additional height, he'd be Bargnani.
08HEMI
Banned User

Post#35 » by 08HEMI » Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:59 am

Cassius wrote:Who else in the league has as many offensive rebounders as the Sixers? Of those teams, how many can shoot it?

Cleveland
Boston
Houston
Atlanta
Lakers
Clippers
Utah

Detroit isn't the same team up front that they used to be, they're winning with guard play.
Orlando has one guy.

Seeing as how the Magic just got dealt with last night and the Hawks aren't seeing us any day of the week, we're a 3-4-5 contender.

I have no doubts Sam played with a little extra somthin somthin last night to show canadian fans and leo that he doesnt take plays off and maybe with a little revenge on his mind. I don't see Sam Dalembert playing like that on a consistant basis and I don't see many teams in the league having that type of tall lengthy, motived angry atheltic center. We have to remember Bosh and JO are still getting their timing together and JO is still trying to get his game legs and timing back due to lack of playing time over the past year. Im not concerned about the rebounding at all, I actually think it will become a strength.
elitehunter99
Veteran
And1: 9

Post#36 » by elitehunter99 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:22 pm

inevitable thread, no, I don't think so, nobody knows, Boston, Cleveland, Detroit, Orlando, even Philly will improve and fight for that third spot. IMO as of today, Cleveland, Orlando, Philly are the main competition for us for that third spot in the EAST..
CalderonFTW
Banned User

Post#37 » by CalderonFTW » Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:40 pm

Dont get ur panties in a bunch ladies...

Sixers were the BEST OFFENSIVE REBOUNDING TEAM in the league last year. That was before Brand was inserted into their line up.

We did get out rebounded pretty bad but dont read too much into that....I would look and see how we fair against other teams in that department.

EDIT: and to answer the OP's question, I only see Cavs and Boston ahead of us. Detroit is declining and we can beat the Magic on any given day...They looked like an average team against the Hawks last night...they havent improved from last year while we have...BY A LANDSLIDE!
Marvin!
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 806

Post#38 » by Marvin! » Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:03 pm

Gary Payton thinks Toronto is top 3 in the east. He says Boston, Detroit, Toronto - then Cavs and Orlando.

GP doesn't think the Cavs has done enough to improve themselves, even with the addition of Mo - especially considering that in their game against Boston everyone on the Cavs (once again) just stood around and watched Lebron.

Eric Snow says not top 3 yet, but we have to potential to jump. He says Boston, Cavs, Detroit, Orlando, Toronto - but he does think that Toronto is ahead of Philly.
satyr9
Assistant Coach
And1: 563

Post#39 » by satyr9 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:53 pm

I'd say that after the 1st quarter getting outrebounded by 20 by Philly is actually pretty decent. That's -3 for 3 quarters of play. We shouldn't discount the 1st Q, but at least they showed up after that and held their own. What I'm waiting for is how TO and PHI play against other teams that don't have two solid big men. If the Raps start winning rebounds and points in the paint totals, while keeping their shooting and turnovers, that's a recipe for an incredibly dominant offense and it's not like they were that bad offensively before this.
HumbleBumbleBee
Analyst
And1: 3

Post#40 » by HumbleBumbleBee » Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:53 pm

chocolateSens1 wrote:IT'S PRESEASON.

LOL. really though if we play like we did tonight, minus getting flogged on the boards, I don't see why not.

HA! Sens1 FTW!
Got Raps FanFiction?

Return to Toronto Raptors